Author Topic: Sad Ferrari Enzo story, read and weep...  (Read 2137 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
Sad Ferrari Enzo story, read and weep...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »
Yup, one fine upstanding citizen right there.

here's another link I found Cheesy

http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/index.jsp

280plus

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »
Road and Track:

Factory performance numbers put the Enzo firmly at the top of the supercar heap with 0-60-mph taking just 3.7 sec., the quarter-mile in 11.0 sec. and a drag-limited top speed of 218 mph. If it has anywhere near the impact of the F40 and F50, the Enzo promises to leave a lasting mark on the supercar ranks.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:26:16 PM »
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/

I like the Konigsegg much better then the Enzo.  I like the Carrera GT more than the Enzo, as well.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »
Factory performance numbers put the Enzo firmly at the top of the supercar heap with 0-60-mph taking just 3.7 sec., the quarter-mile in 11.0 sec. and a drag-limited top speed of 218 mph. If it has anywhere near the impact of the F40 and F50, the Enzo promises to leave a lasting mark on the supercar ranks.
Sort of gives it new meaning, eh?
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
I find it mildly amusing that the $800 POS commuter bike that I ride into work has comparable numbers in terms of accelearation as a half million dollar supercar. Of course the only way I could do 218 MPH is with a rocket strapped to the back.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »
um, that's a MILLION dollar super car. But on another note, You can accelerate from 0-60 in 3.7 secs on your BIKE?  Not to mention pull an 11 second 1/4 mile? WOW!! What breakfast cereal do you eat? I want some!!

Cheesy

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »
Quote from: 280plus
um, that's a MILLION dollar super car. But on another note, You can accelerate from 0-60 in 3.7 secs on your BIKE?  Not to mention pull an 11 second 1/4 mile? WOW!! What breakfast cereal do you eat? I want some!!

Cheesy
Spinach, in a can.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »
that the $800 POS commuter bike
I hope you mean motorcycle and not bicycle. Because  $800 being a  "POS" is only wishful thinking for those of us in the working world if you meant the latter.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 04:25:35 PM »
And then there was Andy Granatelli's 4-door Buick with a V6 and twin turbos.  About 850 hp.  He quite regularly drove it around LA.  He also ran it at Bonneville with three passengers, clocked at 197, which is still probably a record for the world's fastest four people on wheels.  That's on the salt, not pavement.  And at 4,000 ft above sea level.

Bet he didn't have anywhere near a million bucks in it.  Probably not even $100K.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 05:50:01 PM »
I really have a tough time even caring about the story. If I owned an Enzo, I'd be cheering this story, instead of owning 1 of 400 of the cars in existance, I'd be owning one of 399 and praying that more idiots with more money than common sense or driving skills buy the remaining cars.
If it were some redneck driving his souped up camaro and crashing at 150 mph, it wouldn't have made the news.
I guess at least this tool didn't hit a stationwagon full of kids when he crashed. The only people hurt were probably his insurance company.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 07:12:12 PM »
Quote from: Stand_watie
that the $800 POS commuter bike
I hope you mean motorcycle and not bicycle. Because  $800 being a  "POS" is only wishful thinking for those of us in the working world if you meant the latter.
I kinda assumed that it was clear from the 11 second quarter mile comment. If you can pedal that fast, remind me to courtsey when I see ya.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 01:21:29 AM »
Spinach, in a can.
Agh, agh, agh...

11 sec 1/4 mi on an $800 motorcyle ain't too shabby neither...

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 10:10:21 AM »
Heck, I saw one of those Freightliner pickup trucks yesterday. That was cool.
Blog under construction

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 06:48:15 AM »
Its easy to wreck a car you didn't have intentions of paying for: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/10/ferrari.crash.ap/index.html
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »
A mid-1980s Honda Sabre V65 can break into the 11s in the quarter.  Ditto a Yamaha V-Max of the same era.

A V65 in mediocre shape goes pretty cheap, as they handled like pigs and had a defect in the head cooling that ate cams.  It was homebrew fixable though...run an extra oil line.

A bike that can do 0-60 in 4 seconds plus handle well will cost some money...absolute minimum $3k for a used Jap sportbike with "issues".  My Buell worth about $7k will do it.  Doesn't have the top speed though, bikes are amazingly bad wind drags.  My bike will top out at around 150ish; I might be able to pull 155 with the Euro final gearing on mine...probably have to unbaffle my pipe Smiley.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 03:58:25 AM »
When I bought my new 1988 Honda Hurricane (CBR1000F), the big selling points were 0-60 in 3 sec, a top speed of 160mph, and a sub 11 second 1/4 mile. Of course the 1/4 mile was with a skinny guy, so that makes a big difference. The best I ever got out of mine was a hair over 155 on I-15 north of Escondido. Now that it is closing in on 20 years old, I think I will pull it out of storage and do a restore on it. The on to the 75 850 Commando I have gathering dust.

bob