Author Topic: EBAY Phishing...  (Read 760 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
EBAY Phishing...
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:35:46 AM »
Received in my email. I have no items for sale, the page format looks exactly like it came from EBAY

From: "eBay Member: welshdruid"  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert  
Subject: Question from eBay member
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:50:32 +0300

eBay sent this message to you from Stanley Muller (welshdruid) .
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Question about Item -- Respond Now  
 eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member.Use the Respond Now button below to respond to this message

Question from welshdruid

About This Member
 welshdruid( 872)
 Positive Feedback: 100%
 Registered On: www.ebay.com

Hi,
Is the item still available for sale? Let me know because I'm online and I can pay you right now.

Thank you,
welshdruid
 Respond to this question in My Messages.

Thank you for using eBay!

Marketplace Safety Tip  

Always remember to complete your transactions on eBay - it`s the safer way to trade.

Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay" transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the community by reporting it.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Copyright © 1995-2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]
Avoid cliches like the plague!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
EBAY Phishing...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:03:14 AM »
I got one like that too. Instead of clicking the link thingies I went to my eBay account the normal way and checked in my messages. There was a copy of it in there too, which is normally a sign that it is real. I replied back that my auctions had closed but asked which items they were interested in. I never got a reply.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
EBAY Phishing...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:52:58 AM »
yup, checked my EBAY messages. Nothing there. I haven't had any items for sale for months...
Avoid cliches like the plague!