Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 42413 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1000 on: April 03, 2024, 05:15:00 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-68710515

Well color me surprised and pass the popcorn
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1001 on: April 03, 2024, 06:05:46 PM »
There's always Airdropped MRE's

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1002 on: April 05, 2024, 06:06:15 AM »
Palestinians kill a few hundred Israelis, reaction here: “Animals! Terrorists! How dare they! No moral equivalence!”

Israelis kill 30,000 plus including aid workers and aim to starve Auschwitz style 2 million Palestinians: “war is hell” “Carthage!” “South should’ve won!”

The Godwin is well earned on this thread.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1003 on: April 05, 2024, 07:11:59 AM »
The Palestinians/Hamas have consistently and pretty much constantly prodded and attacked Israel over the course of their existent, the whole time vowing that Israel and the Jews will be exterminated from "the river to the sea" and beyond.

And then, when Israel responds to their constant attacks and provocations it's all "OMG THOSE POOR PALESTINIAN TERRORISTS ARE BEING REPRESSED BY ISRAEL!"

Every olive branch Israel has ever offered Palestine has been taken, fashioned into a weapon, and flung back at Israel.

The Palestinian people CHOSE Hamas to govern them. They have CONTINUED to support Hamas despite Hamas using millions in international aid and support to further their goal of war against Israel and its people. By acquiescing to Hamas, the Palestinian people have self-declared themselves combatants and, as such, legitimate targets.

Hamas and the Palestinians certainly haven't given a *expletive deleted*it about conducting a "clean" war against Israel. They have routinely targeted civilians and non-combatants. So ask me how much I care if Israel makes good its vow of destroying Hamas.

I've been predicting a cataclysmic war between Islam and the west for a long time. And it's a war that the west will likely lose, because the west has lost its survival instinct because people like you have come to the fore and there's no longer the will to take the steps necessary to ensure survival...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1004 on: April 05, 2024, 08:28:11 AM »
The Palestinians/Hamas have consistently and pretty much constantly prodded and attacked Israel over the course of their existent, the whole time vowing that Israel and the Jews will be exterminated from "the river to the sea" and beyond.

And then, when Israel responds to their constant attacks and provocations it's all "OMG THOSE POOR PALESTINIAN TERRORISTS ARE BEING REPRESSED BY ISRAEL!"

Every olive branch Israel has ever offered Palestine has been taken, fashioned into a weapon, and flung back at Israel.

The Palestinian people CHOSE Hamas to govern them. They have CONTINUED to support Hamas despite Hamas using millions in international aid and support to further their goal of war against Israel and its people. By acquiescing to Hamas, the Palestinian people have self-declared themselves combatants and, as such, legitimate targets.

Hamas and the Palestinians certainly haven't given a *expletive deleted*it about conducting a "clean" war against Israel. They have routinely targeted civilians and non-combatants. So ask me how much I care if Israel makes good its vow of destroying Hamas.

I've been predicting a cataclysmic war between Islam and the west for a long time. And it's a war that the west will likely lose, because the west has lost its survival instinct because people like you have come to the fore and there's no longer the will to take the steps necessary to ensure survival...

How did Israel’s existence begin again? Was that by attacking Palestinians?

The drivel about Islam vs the west is no different to what the Nazis preached about Europe vs Judaism. Literally every single bs line has already been spouted by Nazi theorists; if you just change your paragraphs about all that to say “Jewry vs the west” instead of Islam vs the west it would be indistinguishable from their tracts.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1005 on: April 05, 2024, 08:56:22 AM »
Except Islamic extremists actually do kill and brutalize people regularly. 

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1006 on: April 05, 2024, 09:02:44 AM »
Except Islamic extremists actually do kill and brutalize people regularly.

Haha, yeah - it’s a real story this time! Just as it will be when people start blaming a whole race for the genocide happening in Gaza right now.

And of course people who oppose war and genocide are the downfall of their civilisations! They’re not willing to do what’s necessary!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1007 on: April 05, 2024, 09:16:15 AM »
Is your position that Islamic extremists don't regularly kill and brutalize people?  That it's all fake news and propaganda?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1008 on: April 05, 2024, 09:19:43 AM »
Is your position that Islamic extremists don't regularly kill and brutalize people?  That it's all fake news and propaganda?

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

It’s that Palestinians don’t - at least not numerically compared to the side that came to their land and started killing them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1009 on: April 05, 2024, 09:24:23 AM »
Palestinians kill a few hundred Israelis, reaction here: “Animals! Terrorists! How dare they! No moral equivalence!”

Israelis kill 30,000 plus including aid workers and aim to starve Auschwitz style 2 million Palestinians: “war is hell” “Carthage!” “South should’ve won!”

The Godwin is well earned on this thread.

I'm curious what your solution is? Exactly when should Israel have stopped kinetically responding? Should they have kinetically responded to October at all, or should they have opened talks with Hamas? Should they just write off the hostages still being held (as the US has apparently done with the US hostages being held)? Are you suggesting that Hamas is legitimate? The Palestinians believe they are as they voted them in to lead their government.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1010 on: April 05, 2024, 09:26:21 AM »
Does the fact that a nation's territory was once taken from anther people render that nation illegitimate, or justify attacks against that nation in perpetuity?

It’s that Palestinians don’t - at least not numerically compared to the side that came to their land and started killing them.
If instead Israel had gone into Gaza, killed, raped, and took hostage a bunch of civilians, then stopped as soon as the brutality toll was somehow equal, would you then have cheered on their operation?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1011 on: April 05, 2024, 09:29:41 AM »
Does the fact that a nation's territory was once taken from anther people render that nation illegitimate, or justify attacks against that nation in perpetuity?

If he believes that, he really needs to boycott Australia.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1012 on: April 05, 2024, 09:31:34 AM »
I'm curious what your solution is? Exactly when should Israel have stopped kinetically responding? Should they have kinetically responded to October at all, or should they have opened talks with Hamas? Should they just write off the hostages still being held (as the US has apparently done with the US hostages being held)? Are you suggesting that Hamas is legitimate? The Palestinians believe they are as they voted them in to lead their government.

I think everyone who lives in the entirety of that land, all settlements included, should have the same rights enumerated in the US constitution, and they should all be able to elect representatives to govern by consent.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1013 on: April 05, 2024, 09:32:56 AM »
If instead Israel had gone into Gaza, killed, raped, and took hostage a bunch of civilians, then stopped as soon as the brutality toll was somehow equal, would you then have cheered on their operation?

I believe that historical wrongs can be remedied by giving everyone equal rights today.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1014 on: April 05, 2024, 09:38:10 AM »

The drivel about Islam vs the west is no different to what the Nazis preached about Europe vs Judaism. Literally every single bs line has already been spouted by Nazi theorists; if you just change your paragraphs about all that to say “Jewry vs the west” instead of Islam vs the west it would be indistinguishable from their tracts.
No, they attacked the Romans and the Romans put down the revolt, scattered the Jews, and called the whole area Palestine.  Something like that anyway.

Oh, you were referring to Post WWII Israel and Palestine.  I am pretty sure Palestine (and other Islamic countries) attack Israel first then also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1015 on: April 05, 2024, 09:40:49 AM »
If he believes that, he really needs to boycott Australia.

This is a completely groundless comparison.

If Australia today denied aboriginals the right to citizenship, confined them to zones in the red desert far away from whites, and then killed them in ratios of 1000 to 1 every time they committed a crime against whites, this country would rightly be a pariah state to the rest of the world.

Today aboriginal people are full citizens and have the right to be and live anywhere. If Israel had abandoned racism and granted equal rights to all religions and races when the rest of the world did, this war would not be happening.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1016 on: April 05, 2024, 09:40:55 AM »
I think everyone who lives in the entirety of that land, all settlements included, should have the same rights enumerated in the US constitution, and they should all be able to elect representatives to govern by consent.
Where does that leave terrorist attacks and rocket attacks on Israel?  That isn't in the US Constitution. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1017 on: April 05, 2024, 09:43:48 AM »
Where does that leave terrorist attacks and rocket attacks on Israel?  That isn't in the US Constitution.

You’re right - the founding fathers would never have dreamed of a faction so uncivilised they’d storm the capitol. Sedition and stripping of citizenship for all! Especially descendants of people who took up arms against the United States! (What state are you from again?)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1018 on: April 05, 2024, 09:48:36 AM »
De Selby is on a roll, guys.  Sit back and be entertained.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1019 on: April 05, 2024, 09:53:10 AM »

Without, honestly, trying to diss you: That is a lofty goal. I think that theoretically it is a good goal. I would love to see much of the world embrace the unalienable rights outlined by our founding fathers. However, "theoretically" is the key term. This is the kind of theory I would expect to hear from the professor in a geopolitics undergrad lecture. The kind of professor whose closest encounter to Middle Eastern Islam is the Palestinian restaurant in their college town.

Even in the US, to a disconcerting degree in the present, we have citizens who believe things as foundational as the First Amendment should be curtailed and that people should be imprisoned for free speech. Now jump to the ME, where pretty much every time the West has inserted itself to "help" an ME nation move towards democracy, it has failed. Taliban, Inc., and pretty much a large portion of the populations in ME countries (or at least the populations with the power) have, and have historically had, zero interest in "governing by consent of the governed".

It has failed every single time, and religious tribalism has won. They can build Dubais to wow the Western world, but travel 50KM out of that city, and you'll still be killed for asserting your unalienable rights, if they offend the beliefs of the local populace.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1020 on: April 05, 2024, 09:53:22 AM »
De Selby is on a roll, guys.  Sit back and be entertained.

And I'm out of popcorn
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1021 on: April 05, 2024, 09:56:02 AM »
This is a completely groundless comparison.

If Australia today denied aboriginals the right to citizenship, confined them to zones in the red desert far away from whites, and then killed them in ratios of 1000 to 1 every time they committed a crime against whites, this country would rightly be a pariah state to the rest of the world.

Today aboriginal people are full citizens and have the right to be and live anywhere. If Israel had abandoned racism and granted equal rights to all religions and races when the rest of the world did, this war would not be happening.

The Australia of today. How did Australian whites get along with aboriginals 150 years ago?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1022 on: April 05, 2024, 09:57:58 AM »
And Israel is on a roll...

A roll from the river to the sea.

Roll on, Israel.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1023 on: April 05, 2024, 10:04:44 AM »

About 20% of Isreali citizens are Arabs, and they can vote.  There are Arabs in the Isreali legislature.

The people in the Gaza strip overwhelmingly want to kill Isrealis, both combantants and noncombatants.  That's what they vote for.  That is why there is a war.

The Isrealis can't coexist with people who literally want to rape and kill them.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1024 on: April 05, 2024, 10:07:24 AM »
You think someone can or should impose not merely western-style representative democracy on the middle east, but the US Constitution?

You can't even get Australia to recognize the rights enumerated in the US Constitution, friend.