Author Topic: Vivek supports machine gun ownership  (Read 5547 times)

Pb

• friend
Vivek supports machine gun ownership
« on: August 23, 2023, 09:55:45 PM »
The entire talk is good; he discusses machine guns starting at around 19 minutes.  He definitely gets it.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBC-s7Quis

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Vivek supports machine gun ownership
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 12:22:54 AM »
Give him two weeks, he will change his answer.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 08:01:55 AM »
It's interesting - as people become more impressed with him (and I am one of them) stuff is coming out about him. A Soros connection for one. How true it is I don't know. He would be one heck of a Soros plant though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 09:27:06 AM »

Maybe.  I've never heard a Republican presidential candidate say anything remotely resembling this though.

Do you know any GOP presidential candidates that have openly touted legalized machine guns?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 09:51:41 AM »
It's interesting - as people become more impressed with him (and I am one of them) stuff is coming out about him. A Soros connection for one. How true it is I don't know. He would be one heck of a Soros plant though.
Makes me think someone is making an effort to put out dirt on him. 

I think people would be surprised how many Republicans are taking money from people/groups we don't like.  So I want to know what the connection is.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting money from people who are trying to prop up anyone that might get traction besides Trump. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 10:13:21 AM »
I think people would be surprised how many Republicans are taking money from people/groups we don't like. 

All of them???

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 11:14:29 AM »

Not George Soros though.

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1681783279496699904?s=20

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 02:03:28 PM »
That guy has more flip flops than Mitt.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2023, 02:11:54 PM »
That guy has more flip flops than Mitt.

What has he flipped on?

I'm only half ass paying attention at this point, although Vivek seems to be on my twitter feed a lot.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2023, 05:04:36 PM »
I would rather see him come out for over the counter suppressor sales, much more practical.

But in the end it won't matter, he may end up as Sec of Transportation or other lower Cabinet position  if the Republicans win.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2023, 07:28:17 PM »
Makes me think someone is making an effort to put out dirt on him. 

After what they did to Trump, I have a really hard time trusting pretty much anything anyone says about anybody.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2023, 09:57:56 PM »

Is that just normal skepticism or a reaction to actual flipping?  I haven’t noticed any actual flipping.  But I admit to not being especially focused on him.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2023, 11:22:03 PM »
After what they did to Trump, I have a really hard time trusting pretty much anything anyone says about anybody.

Pretty much this.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 09:36:13 PM »
One of the hosts on a St. Louis "talk radio" station (97.1) was discussing excerpts from Vivek's book that came out earlier this year.
I can't remember exactly what was said but it sure cleared my thoughts about voting for this schlep.
  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2023, 01:54:41 AM »
 Anomaly has been on the anti Vivek train
https://youtu.be/XiTl40UehK8?si=QsCrN42RphZ6F0rf
  Anomaly has a pretty good take on a lot of things, I still like Vivek - but Anomaly is making some good points
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 02:01:28 AM »
Trump made awesome scotus picks, awesome.
I am not sure vivek will do that - anomaly is making good points
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 08:05:41 AM »
Vivek is not a good guy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2023, 08:35:57 AM »
Vivek is not a good guy.
I have no real opinion of the guy other than that he seems smart, but is there a candidate that is “a good guy”?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2023, 08:56:57 AM »
Vivek is not a good guy.

Whatchya got?

I'm not calling you out. As I mentioned above, he has been impressing me, but I'm seeing negative stuff come out now. I'd like to see more reliable info, both pro and con.

There's a difference between "he wears high heels" when a guy wears cowboy boots (and I see the Trump clan is also attacking DeSantis for that now) and being a Soros advisor.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2023, 09:31:36 AM »
Vivek is not a good guy.

Like Ben not really calling you out, but I need more than that to turn on the guy. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2023, 12:35:22 PM »
I think Vivek would beat the Tar out of both Biden and Trump in a debate.

I don't know if he is a "good guy" or not.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2023, 12:57:04 PM »
I think Vivek would beat the Tar out of both Biden and Trump in a debate.

I don't know if he is a "good guy" or not.

That's a pretty low bar.  A rutabaga would beat the tar out of Biden in a debate.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 06:32:21 AM »
If he truly has come around to the right I welcome him. Just not as the standard bearer and president of the country.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1696349461201785153
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2023, 07:01:06 AM »
Trump was a registered Democrat then too, wasn’t he?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2023, 07:32:59 AM »
If he truly has come around to the right I welcome him. Just not as the standard bearer and president of the country.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1696349461201785153

I agree with the commenter on that link.  That reeks of GOP Establishment desperation. Vivek may very well not be the guy Repubs want, but "You were a Dem 20 years ago when you were 19 years old!!" is not a gotcha.

Contrast that with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1696268777304760676?s=20

I like that you’re a renegade @RobertKennedyJr  just don’t let @JoeBiden rub off on you too much my man. I said we should reform federal “aid” programs that pay single mothers more when they’re unmarried over married, not whatever nonsense you’re suggesting below. The nuclear family is the greatest form of governance known to mankind.

Concisely calling out a dems lie, and restating his policy position.