Author Topic: Economic Stimulus Rebate Checks  (Read 8618 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: Economic Stimulus Rebate Checks
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »
From people like me, who paid more in taxes during 2007 than we spent on food, clothing, shelter, and transportation combined.  angry

Some financial planning could mitigate that for you.  Suggest you contact some professionals.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »
My new refrigerator, an Amana, era hecho en Mexico...

Gracias NAFTA?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
"Gracias NAFTA"

Beats me. I don't know when Amana moved elements of its manufacturing down to Mexico.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »
From people like me, who paid more in taxes during 2007 than we spent on food, clothing, shelter, and transportation combined.  angry

Some financial planning could mitigate that for you.  Suggest you contact some professionals.

Or you could declare bankruptcy every ten years and recoup the losses (also requires planning). Or you could change your legal name every five years and stay one step ahead of the 'crats. Or you could live under the table.

I'm not suggesting any of these methods. They all require a lot of work based on reading I've done. There are other schemes and scams. I would never encourage anyone else to pursue "beat the system" schemes that may land them in prison. On the other hand, Social Security is a the biggest Ponzi scheme ever. Did you know Ponzi schemes are illegal unless you are the government?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »

Or you could declare bankruptcy every ten years and recoup the losses (also requires planning). Or you could change your legal name every five years and stay one step ahead of the 'crats. Or you could live under the table.

I'm not suggesting any of these methods. They all require a lot of work based on reading I've done. There are other schemes and scams. I would never encourage anyone else to pursue "beat the system" schemes that may land them in prison. On the other hand, Social Security is a the biggest Ponzi scheme ever. Did you know Ponzi schemes are illegal unless you are the government?

Or you could just be relatively poor.  That's the way to beat the system  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »

Or you could just be relatively poor.  That's the way to beat the system  laugh

Money for nothing and your chicks for free.