Author Topic: How free is YOUR state?  (Read 8723 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: How free is YOUR state?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 04:20:02 PM »
...why? I'm sort of failing to even grasp what you're talking about.

You seem to say:

That you agree drug prohibition is bad but you have problems feeling compassion towards those breaking it, and that it is somehow 'unrealistic' to work towards it ending. I fail to see how this means that the freedom to injest isn't a part of general freedom.

People in European countries have problems feeling compassion towards those caught with illegal .22 rifles in the same way, or towards the family of Melissa Busekros. This lack of compassion is not part of the solution.

You view drug use, prostitution etc etc as inalienable human rights. Many people do not. It's cultural thing. Because people hold those cultural views does not mean they are utterly hostile towards freedom. Those things are less important than things like the rkba because they are recreational. I should have the right to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but it's obviously not as important as the freedom from crushing taxes or random warrantless searches.

Many people who might be willing to move in a pro-freedom direction on many of the important issues will be turned off from your cause by militantly picking fights over smaller issues. They just will. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but disliking the truth doesn't change it. I'd rather worry first about securing the most important issues before getting into pissing contests over lesser issues.

Here's a good analogy. When budgeting, I first make sure food, shelter, transportation, and utilities are paid for. Savings, 401k, entertainment etc are important sure, but if the basic needs aren't taken care of the rest are pointless. Same with liberty. I want to insure I can carry a pistol, not lose property to eminent domain etc first, then I can start making sure no one goes to jail for stupid crap.

I don't like prohibition and helmet laws etc, but I can live with them. Eminent domain, gun control etc not so much.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »
Longterm memory loss, cognitive difficulty, the sort of things that make someone completely unemployable and apt to be on welfare? Hmm....that'd be pot, yes.

Which also lingers in the system WAY longer than even binge drinking. Drinking can ruin the liver, but pot's chemicals stick in the brain in a much more profound way.

Sorry. I have no respect for potheads. They can go tune out and sit around giggling at each other in a cloud till they die if they want, but not with a cent of taxpayer money to support them.

I also can't understand the obsession. Drinking is a habit. Marijuana is a religion.

rarely has one person demonstrated less real knowledge/understanding in one place at one time, i am indeed impressed!  to the best of my knowledge pot won't kill ya.  or give ya wet brain.

the amount of cash we dole out supporting alcoholics and their progeny is enormous.

bear in mind i've spilt more of both than most folks will use so i am letting reality cloud my thoughts.methinks maned watched reefer adness a time too many
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
rarely has one person demonstrated less real knowledge/understanding in one place at one time, i am indeed impressed! 

Did you really have to be an ass about it?

Done.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"