Author Topic: That Microsoft Office sure is spendy  (Read 8607 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: That Microsoft Office sure is spendy
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »
Nope, the more I use it, the more I appreciate the ribbon and the less willing I am to minimize it. I do wish it were just a bit more flexible, but overall I think it was a pretty good add.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
Oops, I meant move the QAT below the Ribbon.  At least if you want to be able to read the document title after you've added fifteen buttons to it. 

You can still use the minimized ribbon pretty easily, you just have to click on a tab to pull it down.  The main advantage is that you can view more of the document at one time.  'Course some people might not be worried about that, especially if you're using a larger monitor.  The other advantage is that things are less cluttered.  Again, that will matter more to some folks than to others. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »
Since making the above comments, I've learned how to use many more of the features in Word and Excel, and I've gotten used to using the ribbon on other computers.  I've come to appreciate it quite a bit more. 

Still prefer my little personalized set-up, though, just so I can see more of the document on the screen. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »
To me, the Ribbon is the work of the devil.   =(
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"