Author Topic: Whale Wars War  (Read 8604 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whale Wars War
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

taurusowner

Re: Whale Wars War
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »
Good.  The sooner those terrorists destroy themselves the better.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:44 AM »
the guy that spent the time in jail?  hes a nut  but a genuine guy who has way more credibility than the tubby capt. he did a show after he got out and he talked honestly about how the trip to japan with the japanese crew changed his feelings.  not about whaling  but about those who whale.  i wish him luck 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »
I wish I had seen that show.

I saw the videos of the "collision" between the Ady Gil and the whaler. I watched both the Sea Shepherd vid and a couple shot from the deck of the whaling ship. The Sea Shepherd vids don't show much of anything, but the video from the deck of the whaler clearly shows that the Ady Gil was at idle and the whaler would have passed harmlessly in front of it ... except that at the last moment the Ady Gil put the peddle to the [fiberglass] and deliberately accelerated into the path of the [much larger, steel-hulled] whaling ship.

IMHO the collision was intentional and was entirely the fault of the Ady Gil.

Watson should not be allowed to captain a rowboat is a swamp. There are multiple videos, which have been shown on Whale Wars, showing him deliberately ramming the Bob Barker into the whaling ships. He's lucky the Japanese haven't torpedoed him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
Given these people carry arms and have used limpet mines in the past, the less boats they have, the better.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »
I don't see why the Japanese don't treat these idiots like pirates and just shoot/sink their butts. Their repeated attempts to foul their propellers goes WAY beyond simple harassment and could not only cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in repair but also leave them helpless to maneuver in rough weather. Were it my ship and I saw them making such an attempt, I would consider that an out and out attack on my vessel and act accordingly.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
I don't see why the Japanese don't treat these idiots like pirates and just shoot/sink their butts.
For the same reason the sea shmucks pick the Japanese whaling fleet to mess with. The civilian whalers don't really have the ability to defend themselves, and the Japanese navy is bound by treaty in such a way that it can not go out and do such.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

taurusowner

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
Do any merc corporations have any naval assets?  If Japan has the funds (which they do) but no authority/ability to sort this out...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
Watson should not be allowed to captain a rowboat is a swamp. There are multiple videos, which have been shown on Whale Wars, showing him deliberately ramming the Bob Barker into the whaling ships. He's lucky the Japanese haven't torpedoed him.

They've got a ship named the Bob Barker now? That jackwagon (Bob Barker) annoys me, and he's one of them , so double points if this one is sunk.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »
They've got a ship named the Bob Barker now? That jackwagon (Bob Barker) annoys me, and he's one of them , so double points if this one is sunk.

Believe they have had one for awhile now
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
For the same reason the sea shmucks pick the Japanese whaling fleet to mess with. The civilian whalers don't really have the ability to defend themselves, and the Japanese navy is bound by treaty in such a way that it can not go out and do such.
I would think that it would be OK to defend ones self against such a blatant act of aggression be it by ramming or capsizing the attacker. Put your bow up against one of those smaller boats and drop anchor on her deck then steam off and see what THAT does!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
I would think that it would be OK to defend ones self against such a blatant act of aggression be it by ramming or capsizing the attacker. Put your bow up against one of those smaller boats and drop anchor on her deck then steam off and see what THAT does!
Sinks you along with them?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »
Not if the size difference is great enough and, if worst came to worst, you would lose and anchor and chain. Not cheap by any means but it beats sinking.
MOLON LABE!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »
Not if the size difference is great enough and, if worst came to worst, you would lose and anchor and chain. Not cheap by any means but it beats sinking.

"Hey, you scratched my anchor."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGD-tUsySPs
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:43:37 PM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 04:33:39 AM »
"Fuel and other potential environmental pollutants had been removed from the boat."

Uh huh, right. They did in two days at sea while under tow what takes professional shipyard workers months to years in a controlled dock environment before scuttling their ship boat. Right. Tell me another one.

ETA:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:58:55 AM by kgbsquirrel »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
By the by, in pursuit of the noble effort that is enraging Hippy Scum(tm) to the point of aneurysm, PTK has insisted that I mention that the ship I was stationed aboard ran over a pregnant right whale while exiting Chesapeake Bay back in 2004.

Wasp-class amphib: 1

Right Whale: 0

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
"Fuel and other potential environmental pollutants had been removed from the boat."

They were referring to the galley stocks of baked beans and garlic powder.

Video from the deck of the whaler. Notice the wake of the Ady Gil increase just before the collission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_5wEWaqe8&feature=related

Another view of the Bob Barker in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_408711&feature=iv&v=a_b_IYQMSvM

And another deliberate ramming of a whaler by the eco-terrorists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsZcLVXyn8&NR=1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:01:00 PM by Hawkmoon »

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
the amount of fuel in the fiberglass boat wouldn't take long to transfer  and since it was biodiesel 3000 gall max capacity  all they need to worry bout is the batteries and engine oil from the two cummins  no big deal  and they had a big new hatch to unload through
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »
and they had a big new hatch to unload through

Snort!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

220_SWIFT

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »
I remember seeing a clip from that stupid show.  They had "proof" that the Japanese had "fired a weapon" at them.  Said the guy was wearing a vest, and it stopped the bullet.  They held up the bullet, and it had not been fired out of a weapon.  No rifling grooves, and looked pristine. Not to mention it was a rifle bullet that would have easily defeated the vest. 

Those people are idiots and deserve to be sunk.  I am not for whaling, or the method in which the Japanese go about it.  But what these idiots are doing is beyond stupid.  Just my not so humble opinion.

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
the show with pete bethune is worth seeing  . while i disagree with his position and actions  he clanks and he was man enough to take a stand and pay consequences. and he comes off as very genuine. his discussion of how his and the whalers opinions of each other changed during his trip to japan was interesting.  he makes a much better public image for the nuts than the pudgy capt.  the capt reminds me of mitch snider the homeless activist. maybe he'll do the right thing too

robear

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm sure this has been posted on one of the other Whale Wars threads, but the South Park episode about Whale Wars is worth a watch.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e11-whale-whores

Edited to add: Beware -- NSFW language!