Author Topic: Mass dumbass awards; idiots riot over shoes.  (Read 8624 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Mass dumbass awards; idiots riot over shoes.
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
SEATTLE –  The release of Nike's new Air Jordan basketball shoes caused a frenzy at stores across the nation early Friday, with police using pepper spray on a group of rowdy customers near Seattle and officers arresting some shoppers after a crowd broke down a door in suburban Atlanta.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/23/police-4-arrested-in-georgia-in-mad-dash-for-air-jordans/?test=latestnews#ixzz1hO0jMqWE

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Mass dumbass awards; idiots riot over shoes.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
Also there were two malls in OKC that suffered as well.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
SEATTLE –  The release of Nike's new Air Jordan basketball shoes caused a frenzy at stores across the nation early Friday, with police using pepper spray on a group of rowdy customers near Seattle and officers arresting some shoppers after a crowd broke down a door in suburban Atlanta.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/23/police-4-arrested-in-georgia-in-mad-dash-for-air-jordans/?test=latestnews#ixzz1hO0jMqWE

Officers said they had to break a car window to get two toddlers out after a woman went in after the shoes. They said she was taken into custody when she returned to the car.

Huh?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Huh?

Clearly she is a responsible parent, it would be wrong to take your toddlers to a riot!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
Clearly she is a responsible parent, it would be wrong to take your toddlers to a riot!

I guess without knowing the particulars, I can't really comment.  I just hope it's not one of those overreactions a la "ZOMG child left in car!" that we see.  My wife will hardly leave the kids in the car to go into the local convenience store on a mild-weathered day.  It doesn't matter to her that the entire front of the store is glass, and there are 10 people there, and you can always park directly in front of the building, she'll say "You don't leave kids alone in the car! Everyone knows that!"

Thinking about it though, it sounds like the mom in question may have been gone for hours waiting to get the fancy shoes, so it's probably legit.

Boy, the stuff I get worked up about. . . i'm almost crotchety!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:16:38 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »
I guess without knowing the particulars, I can't really comment.  I just hope it's not one of those overreactions a la "ZOMG child left in car!" that we see.  My wife will hardly leave the kids in the car to go into the local convenience store on a mild-weathered day.  It doesn't matter to her that the entire front of the store is glass, and there are 10 people there, and you can always park directly in front of the building, she'll say "You don't leave kids alone in the car! Everyone knows that!"

Thinking about it though, it sounds like the mom in question may have been gone for hours waiting to get the fancy shoes, so it's probably legit.

Boy, the stuff I get worked up about. . . i'm almost crotchety!

In my opinion, the only time it's acceptable to leave kids alone in a car is if they're armed with and trained in the use of suitable weapons to defend themselves should someone decide to carjack the vehicle or kidnap them.

I'd think weather extremes would be dictated by common sense. But I've been wrong before.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
they cleared the mall here cause of a disturbance
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »
In Richmond CA, man allegedly has a ND while trying to get these shoes:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/23/BAJC1MGCTJ.DTL

For those not familiar with the area, reporting a shooting in Richmond is akin to reporting that water is wet.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »
Officers on horseback here keeping an eye on 'em.  Interviewed youth called the shoes "a work of art".  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Officers on horseback here keeping an eye on 'em.  Interviewed youth called the shoes "a work of art".  :facepalm:

These are the same people who will buy $200 shoes...nay, several pairs of $200 shoes, yet not have any food at home.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »

They were ugly then, they be ugly now.

I will never understand the masses.
 =|

They are shoes. and they're not pretty, nice shoes, nor are they (at least not anymore) the peak of technologically great sport shoes.
I get nogistalga and everything, but, well, not to the point of riots.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
They were ugly then, they be ugly now

They love boldly ugly shoes for some reason...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »
Had problems at a couple of malls here in Austin, TX. Police called out, chopper overhead with spotlight, mall representatives changing line-up instructions before finally telling the "too unruly" crowd that the sale was canceled. No arrests reported, but one instance of pepper spray being used.

TV said the shoes sell for $175, radio said $80. Were supposed to be appearing on Ebay for $300.

These are supposedly the re-introduction of some kind of Michael Jordan sneakers from 15 years ago.

From viewing the news footage on TV, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those in the crowd of idiots - at least the ones without criminal records - are also Obama voters.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
They love boldly ugly shoes for some reason...

These are cool retro sneakers.

And still, not worth a riot.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
These are the same people who will buy $200 shoes...nay, several pairs of $200 shoes, yet not have any food at home.

no. they have food at home. we subsidized it.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 09:35:41 PM »
It's scenes like this where I wish I were a techno-dictator and had special chips implanted in all my subjects. I would press a button and every single one of those morons that broke down doors and trampled over people for a pair of *expletive deleted*ing shoes would be instantly made sterile.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »
It's scenes like this where I wish I were a techno-dictator and had special chips implanted in all my subjects. I would press a button and every single one of those morons that broke down doors and trampled over people for a pair of *expletive deleted*ing shoes would be instantly made sterile to work for a living.

Better.

They love boldly ugly shoes everything for some reason...

I see people like this all the time. They wear the ugliest stuff they can find, and not just on their feet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
no. they have food at home. we subsidized it.

Or not, they traded their EBT cards for pennies on the dollar to buy the shoes!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
I see people like this all the time. They wear the ugliest stuff they can find, and not just on their feet.

Hipsters?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »
Hipsters?

No, but I noticed the similarity as I was typing that.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
Hipsters?

The guys that like to wear their pants around their ankles and the large flat brim hats.

Bubbles

• 07/C2 FFL/SOT
    • EFI, LLC
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 10:27:54 PM »
Maybe I'm just weird, but if I'm dropping $180 on footwear, it's because it's useful.  As in, they will keep my feet warm when it's -40F outside, or they'll help me hike more comfortably, etc.  Those things are just fugly and probably cost $5 apiece to make in China.
EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
Looks to me like it would have been a great place for a little chlorine shock therapy in the old gene pool.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams