Author Topic: Mass dumbass awards; idiots riot over shoes.  (Read 8623 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mass dumbass awards; idiots riot over shoes.
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
Maybe I'm just weird, but if I'm dropping $180 on footwear, it's because it's useful.  As in, they will keep my feet warm when it's -40F outside, or they'll help me hike more comfortably, etc.  Those things are just fugly and probably cost $5 apiece to make in China.

Apparently, according to the video clip that accompanied the Fox article, these stupid shoes are being resold for $500 on Ebay.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:53 PM »
Maybe I'm just weird, but if I'm dropping $180 on footwear, it's because it's useful.  As in, they will keep my feet warm when it's -40F outside, or they'll help me hike more comfortably, etc.  Those things are just fugly and probably cost $5 apiece to make in China.

But then you ain't stylin'

Bet your car has normal rims on it too vs. hilariously large spinners, too. Again, you ain't stylin'

Apparently, according to the video clip that accompanied the Fox article, these stupid shoes are being resold for $500 on Ebay.

Retards with credit cards

(hey, that rhymes!)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »
Also apparently (and another reason for sterilization), you're supposed to lick the soles of the shoes after you acquire them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
But then you ain't stylin'

Bet your car has normal rims on it too vs. hilariously large spinners, too. Again, you ain't stylin'

Retards with credit cards

(hey, that rhymes!)

Stop talking about our Congrescritters like that.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »
Also apparently (and another reason for sterilization), you're supposed to lick the soles of the shoes after you acquire them.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

LOLWUT?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
2:30 in the fox video in the OP.

Bubbles

• 07/C2 FFL/SOT
    • EFI, LLC
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »
Bet your car has normal rims on it too vs. hilariously large spinners, too. Again, you ain't stylin'.
Meh.  My daily driver is a 1969 Mustang convertible.  There's not a car made today that can match it for styling no matter how big the rims yo.

Retards with credit EBT cards
Fixed.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:02:49 PM by Bubbles »
EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 11:01:05 PM »
Meh.  My daily driver is a 1969 Mustang convertible.  There's not a car made today that can match it for styling no matter how bit the rims yo.

Off-topic or not, pictures, please!

Bubbles

• 07/C2 FFL/SOT
    • EFI, LLC
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »
So as not to derail this thread with pics of high-horsepower pony goodness, I'll just put up a link to my photobucket album:
http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/69%20Mustang/

Excuse the body canker.  We bought the car a year ago as a literal "barn find" from the estate of the original owner.  We concentrated on getting the engine, steering, exhaust, brakes, and electric system restored first.  Once the car fund is replenished we'll have the body restored and painted, then the interior will be done last.
EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:22 AM »
So as not to derail this thread with pics of high-horsepower pony goodness, I'll just put up a link to my photobucket album:
http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/69%20Mustang/

Excuse the body canker.  We bought the car a year ago as a literal "barn find" from the estate of the original owner.  We concentrated on getting the engine, steering, exhaust, brakes, and electric system restored first.  Once the car fund is replenished we'll have the body restored and painted, then the interior will be done last.

First let me say welcome to the board and hope you stick around.  Too many folks come in and post once or twice on a subject and then are never heard from again.  We are mostly harmless.

Second nice car.  Now I'm jealous but still hold out hope for my barn find out there.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 12:27:05 AM »
First let me say welcome to the board and hope you stick around.  Too many folks come in and post once or twice on a subject and then are never heard from again.  We are mostly harmless.

Second nice car.  Now I'm jealous but still hold out hope for my barn find out there.

It's ALMOST my dream car (just a couple years too new.) However, I'm not holding out for a barn find anymore:

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-reintroduces-the-1965-mustang.html

I just have to wait for my children to grow up and I have a project.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 03:18:19 AM »
Well, it ought to be a challenging secondary market. The entrepreneurs there have to solve complex problems like how to stab their supplier without getting blood on the kicks. IOW, now you got them, can't wear them unless you have an armed crew. Idiots.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
Well, it ought to be a challenging secondary market. The entrepreneurs there have to solve complex problems like how to stab their supplier without getting blood on the kicks. IOW, now you got them, can't wear them unless you have an armed crew. Idiots.

You 1%ers. Always defending businessmen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
When I worked on the west of Chicago, i would periodically have to take one of my employees over to Payless and buy him (or her) a pair of shoes because the showed up to work barefoot.

Seems that if they took their previous paycheck and bought some high end shoes, then when they would take the bus or El to work the next day, some local ruffians would liberate them from their shoes.

:facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
The BATF needs to back off and let someone develop the " Fo-tay Air Glock" Nike.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
. . . Seems that if they took their previous paycheck and bought some high end shoes, then when they would take the bus or El to work the next day, some local ruffians would liberate them from their shoes. 
Really makes you want to do something like put an ounce of C4 with a remote trigger in the insole, doesn't it?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »

Yeah, that would be about the price a pair of lace-up "packer" riding boots.  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin