Poll

Does the Republican candidate for VA governor have a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

Of course, our elections are fair and honest
0 (0%)
Not a chance in hell he can beat the margin of fraud
4 (20%)
ROFL
6 (30%)
The votes have already been counted but McAuliffe won't be declared the winner till Tuesday night.
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 03, 2021, 01:11:30 PM

Author Topic: VA Governor Election Prediction  (Read 8507 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: VA Governor Election Prediction
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2021, 11:14:40 PM »
They'll declare her an "Uncle Tom" thus she doesn't actually count as black. They've done it with pretty much every black R in the past.

If she didn't vote for Biden...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2021, 07:23:05 AM »
Republicans also flipped VA's House of Delegates:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/republicans-gain-stunning-2021-election-victories-as-democrats-reel_4084888.html

WTOP, the news radio station in Washington, is still saying that a couple of Va House races are too close to call, and as of 8:30 last night the Republicans had only tied.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2021/11/gop-flips-enough-seats-to-tie-va-house-of-delegates-some-races-remain-too-close-to-call/

Out of all of the news outlets, WTOP is the one I'll most believe.

In other news, Democrat strategist James Carville blames progressives and "stupid wokeness" for losses...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-carville-virginia-was-stupid-wokeness

Gee, ya think?

And, best of all, the Squad has apparently congratulated all of the people of color who won races on Tuesday... with one glaring exception...

Gee, I wonder who the Squad DIDN'T congratulate?

If you said the strong Black woman whom Virginia's horribly racist Republicans just made Lieutenant Governor, you'd be right!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-members-silent-winsome-sears-historic-win-virginia
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2021, 07:38:24 AM »
Hum...

Vpap.org is showing that Republicans have picked up 7 seats in the House of Delegates.

https://www.vpap.org/electionresults/20211102/house/

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
Nothing Virginia will do will mean much of anything nationally. But what a clown show we have coming. The next state senate and legislature races will be assaulted by outside money. Everyone will be a racist. Maybe a hollywood boycott. So much face was lost after negative results from bringing in Obama and all the rest of the stars. There will be revenge. First stop, the new headquarters of the Resistance, the state senate. Here they will surely finally defeat that evil Trump...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2021, 11:25:51 AM »
Anyone remember that by electing Obama we were over this whole race issue? Pepperidge farm remembers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 02:43:52 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2021, 03:35:56 PM »
I made the mistake of listening to part of "The View" today, Behar was losing her mind that Trump may be re-elected in 2024.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:03:48 PM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2021, 04:28:24 PM »
AOC & co. blame moderates for Tuesday's losses:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-terry-mcauliffe-loss-fully-moderated-campaign

"Plus, on the election front. I actually think we have good news as well. I know that Virginia was a huge bummer. And honestly, if anything, I think that the results show the limits of trying to run a fully 100% super moderated campaign that does not excite speak to or energize a progressive base. And frankly, we weren't even really invited to contribute on that race," Ocasio-Cortez said in an Instagram story Wednesday evening, which has since been shared on other social media platforms.

"We lost because we weren't crazy enough."     Sure thing, kiddo.  Keep on thinking that.

"I think the American people are saying don’t do that- don’t double down on taxation and spending. The American people have had enough of all of this excess, and I think they sent a message yesterday: stop. That’s the message that should be taken by the Democrats out of yesterday’s election," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on Fox News' "The Story" Wednesday afternoon.

Yup.  I suspect most Democrats won't heed that advice, and I hope they don't.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2021, 10:46:41 PM »
I will admit I am pleasantly surprised.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2021, 12:47:40 AM »

Is that that insurrectionist flag I've been hearing about?  =D

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2021, 01:23:16 PM »
The fruit basket was definitely a nice touch. The classier style of trolling we should have seen more of from Trump.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2021, 02:52:44 PM »
The usual suspects are all in on this thing, msnbc guest says she is a black mouth for a white supremacist voice. In four years she will be a solid candidate for governor and that terrifies them.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »
The usual suspects are all in on this thing, msnbc guest says she is a black mouth for a white supremacist voice. In four years she will be a solid candidate for governor and that terrifies them.

Or Senator, etc. Even if they suddenly "found" enough ballots for her opponent to win, she's still got a lot of name recognition, so the white supremacists would just elect her again.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »
    I said this on facebook
  NOVEMBER 4, 2009 

Obama campaigned in both Virginia and New Jersey, and the Democrats lost hugely in both! Lesson learned: If Obama offers to campaign for you, tell him you have swine flu and he should stay away.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2022, 10:45:44 AM »
Hundreds of government workers quit when Youngkin orders them back to the office.

Youngkin’s telework policy prompts more than 300 Virginia state employees to resign
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/youngkins-telework-policy-virginia-state-employees-resign
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2022, 11:36:43 AM »
Maybe a few companies should try that to "right size" their workforces...
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »
It is a good start. I read that VA has about 95k state employees not counting faculty at public schools and universities. So saying 300 sounds so much bigger than less than 0.3%. They could probably lose many more and still be just as (in)efficient as most state governments.

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2022, 12:42:58 PM »
Now how can we get them to leave the country? Or can the state pay for them to relocate to California? That's kind of the same thing.

griz

• friend
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »
"Despite our best efforts, Youngkin refused to reconsider his disastrous executive action and pressed forward, regardless of longstanding state policies for telework," Virginia state Sen. Ghazala Hashmi, a Democrat, said in a tweet shortly after the policy was implemented.

I suspect that the "disaster" that Sen. Hashmi is talking about is that hundreds of loyal voters will no longer be able to receive a paycheck for doing nothing.  We'll see if the state crumbles away to dust after their departure.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2022, 01:10:03 PM »
Deleted
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2022, 01:11:16 PM »
I never realized the sic in Virginia's motto was mass resignation. Take that, Tarquin!