Author Topic: OK, so what's everybody up to tonight to kiss aught five goodbye?  (Read 8225 times)

MaterDei

• friend
OK, so what's everybody up to tonight to kiss aught five goodbye?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 02:27:11 PM »
I can think of 360 days that I'd rather go out an party (Christmas and the Easter Weekend are out).  

sm nailed it on the head.  Amateur night.

Preacherman

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 02:29:03 PM »
Quiet evening by myself at home.  Around 11.30 p.m., I'll tuck the cats up in the living-room with some milk and my company, so that they don't go insane when Bubba and his local buddies start shooting everything in the house into the air in celebration.  If anything hits my house, I'll return fire (any direction will do - there are Bubba's everywhere!).
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 02:41:21 PM »
Four grandkids (Wesley, Jonathan, Garrett and Lindsey) are staying with us as their parents go color pin bowling.
Great name on that third grandchild Wink

Spend the afternoon building a TV/Stereo cabinet for the parents and let the the grandkids run loose in great mamaw and papaws for a while. Then home to tuck them in bed. I'll probably be in bed before midnight since I have to get up at 4:30AM.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 02:53:16 PM »
I'm in a very large, very nice cabin in the woods, near Lake Arrowhead, California.
My grandparents bought this place so the family would have some place out of San Diego to spend holidays.  Just got done watching Denver slaughter San Diego (damn) and now dinner is being prepared.  We'll probably sit around, talk, and eat until midnight, just like last year, and the year before.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 02:53:49 PM »
What's special about tonight again?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2005, 03:03:06 PM »
Coppin' a minor buzz behind some Captain Morgan, Coke, & Lime.

Watching Band of Brothers.

Wife & I took MIL out to dinner last nite to avoid the drunken mobs tonite.  18 oz Prime Rib & a spud.  Finished off the last half this afternoon.  Yum!

Wife & I spent all afternoon in the kitchen trying out a new pasta machine to make homemade egg noodles.  Got the family feast going on tomorrow.   Took several experiments to get it going right.  We made about 6 batches and totally trashed the kitchen.  It's way easier for SWMBO to do them by hand.  Good thing we got the machine at an auction for $3, otherwise it would really bother me when it gets used for target practice.

Probably spend a little time out in the hot tub and then early to bed.

Holiday, schmoliday!  BFD.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 03:06:25 PM »
Quote from: dasmi
watching Denver slaughter San Diego (damn)
You were expecting different maybe? Cheesy

esheato

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2005, 03:42:01 PM »
Hmm...I'm having a midnight BBQ. I invited a good girl friend over and we're doing steaks and having a sixer of unfiltered wheat beer.

As long as I'm off the roads, I don't care about anything else.

Ed

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2005, 04:08:15 PM »
Woohoo, my redneck brother just dropped by with a gallon jub of homemade applejack and poured me a big old glass. Of course, he also left me two kids, but they're big enough to take care of themselves and just come here to hang out with my kiddo.

Odds are if I finish 1/3 of this glass, I'll be sleeping before midnight. I'm not much of a drinker. Smiley

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2005, 04:45:40 PM »
Quote from: here2learn
Excitement thy name is bermbuster!
Ain't that the truth?

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2005, 04:48:39 PM »
Quote from: Moondoggie

Wife & I spent all afternoon in the kitchen trying out a new pasta machine to make homemade egg noodles.  Got the family feast going on tomorrow.   Took several experiments to get it going right.  We made about 6 batches and totally trashed the kitchen.  It's way easier for SWMBO to do them by hand.  Good thing we got the machine at an auction for $3, otherwise it would really bother me when it gets used for target practice....
You know you can buy that stuff already made, don't you?

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2005, 04:50:13 PM »
We had stuffed crab...  thingies, tuna steaks, and swordfish steaks followed by chocolate pecan pie.  All washed down with a nice mix of rasberry vodka, cran/rasberry juice, and 7up.  It's effervescent and it gets you drunk.  'Course, I've been working on the scotch since about 1600.  A bunch of my 1911 parts came in today, but I think I had better wait until tomorrow lest I slip and put the recoil spring cap through the ceiling.

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 04:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
Woohoo, my redneck brother just dropped by with a gallon jub of homemade applejack a.....
That just sounds wunnerful!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2005, 04:52:04 PM »
280Plus wrote:
What thread might that be?
That one where everybody is sitting around, eating their popcorn and watching to see which explodes first, my head or my new TV. Cheesy Tongue
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »
Okay, I give up. What's Applejack? Cider? The only Applejack(s) I know involve milk.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
Quote from: BenW
Okay, I give up. What's Applejack? Cider? The only Applejack(s) I know involve milk.
In SC it's hard cider.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2005, 04:59:28 PM »
Finished off the rest of the Christmas mead while cooking dinner. Now for dessert, coffee and Baileys and  a cigar. Anybody heard of Plasencia? I hadn't, but got 2 boxes for Christmas; not bad.

Old Dog

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 05:18:59 PM »
Eh, wife's at the hospital workin' hard (she'll be busy tonight) ... just finished watching American Rifleman TV on OLN, checkin' out the football, started some Matchlight to grill a t-bone ... in the hopes my teenage daughter doesn't call me for a ride any time tonight, just cracked open a new bottle of Courvoisier for later and put some Samuel Adams on ice ... got the new Michael Connelly novel to start tonight ... life is good.
-- Will

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2005, 05:46:24 PM »
In SC it's hard cider.
Ah, thanks. Must be a Southern thing everywhere in the world. My folks are from Southern Germany, and when they and their friends that all immigrated here get together, nearly 50 years later they still talk about some of my Dad's escapades after drinking too much cider, or Mosst (how the heck do you make the big German S anyways?) as it's known over there. Cheesy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2005, 07:18:01 PM »
Old Dog,
Michael Connelly has a new one. A new Bosch story?  What's the title?

Just hit midnight, grandkids have eaten everything in the house, the Griffins got their ass beat by Chicago ( I really hate that team now), g'kids sucking up a bottle of sparkly grape juice, swmbo is in bed, I have a 50/50 Irish Cream and Bushmill as I promised.  (2nd one), tried to download HP photosmart to be able to e mail pics from swmbo's new E317 camera.  The software is a piece of crap that defies description.  Can't figure out how to attach for e mails.  I stopped playing with it else I start throwing .40 cal Federal hollow point around my office.  Aaaaaargh.

I think I'll go back to a novel I was reading cause I'm to geeked to go to bed.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »
Just got back from a small semi-formal dinner party at friends.

At least I didn't have to drag my tux out.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2005, 08:03:23 PM »
I will be making double-time and a half at work tonight. I did get murderously drunk last year, and I think its probably for the best that I do something more productive this time around. We do traditionally sneak in a bottle of whatever "sparkling white wine" happens to be on sale at 7-11.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »
Cheesy Yep. I woke up about 2300 local time, came in and watched Dick Clark for awhile with SWMBO. Looks like he's doing better than I expected after his stroke.  SWMBO went to bed a few minutes ago- I've got the back door open and there are a couple of the cats running in and out. The dogs are asleep. It's remarkably quiet outside. Usually I hard a fair number of fireworks going off around here on NYE, but with the burn bans and huge fire risk, even in town, folks seem to be taking it very seriously this year.

Happy New Year, y'all.  I may see if the indoor range is open tomorrow and we'll spend some time there getting a little trigger time in, as She wants to Cheesy .

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 02:48:17 AM »
Yep, hard apple cider. He left me 1/2 a large glass (not a mason jar, exactly, but close, heh.) I drank about 1/2 that and fell asleep about 10:30. Woke up at midnight for smooches from the kids and nodded back off. Woke up at 3:00 am to find them still up playing computer games and shooed them all to bed. I bet they sleep till noon.

This afternoon, I'm going hunting again. I'm the a very unsuccessful hunter, so we'll see.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 04:13:40 AM »
Some old guys I knew once used to joke about going hunting for "two legged dear". If you get lucky, maybe you"ll catch one of those... Tongue

Me? Bed by 10 pm, woke up to my first driveway shoveling of the new year. woo hoo...

:sigh:

I'm just not the party animal I used to be.

Feel better today though. Wink
Avoid cliches like the plague!