Author Topic: DVD Storage Recommendations?  (Read 776 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DVD Storage Recommendations?
« on: January 01, 2006, 08:39:32 AM »
What are you all using for home DVD storage? I'm reorganzing at my place -- copying to DVD, then tossing VHS tapes, and reorganizing the way I store DVDs. I currently have one of those El Cheapo plastic tower thingymabobbers.

I was thinking I might like to go to one of the binder/wallet storage methods to save space (and maybe do so for my CD collection as well) and just store the media binders on a bookshelf. Anyone else do that and like it? I suppose for DVDs I buy rather than make, the downside is you lose the box it came in. Don't know if that bothers me or not as I can't remember the last time I looked at the info on one, and if I do need to, there's always IMDB. Only exception being certain series boxed sets might be nice to keep.

So anyways, what works for you?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tierhog

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »
Make sure they are completely rewound, then place in their plastic box and store flat, this way the movie won't shift during storage.
Semper Fi

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »
I have the most inelegant solution ever: burnt DVDs just go on a spindle until the spindle is full.

If you want something a little classier, my anal-retentative college roommate used to burn his VCDs, print out labels for them (with both Chinese and English, no less), and put the VCDs in those cheapo jewel cases you get from Staples with a clear front.  Then he put all of them in a container that let you browse them the way you flip through CDs at a record store, so you could read the label on the front.