Author Topic: New Stimulus Money  (Read 1843 times)

grampster

• friend
New Stimulus Money
« on: March 17, 2021, 09:26:31 AM »
I can haz been stimulized into my bank account this morning; March 17, 2021.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New Stimulus Money
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:28:01 AM »
I won't be stimulized at all.

My bag of gold was too heavy, by about $700 on my AGI.

All I'm going to get is the bill.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
 Did the goobermint use gross income or adjusted gross income or taxable income for the Stimuli $$$?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
Did the goobermint use gross income or adjusted gross income or taxable income for the Stimuli $$$?
I assumed it was the same as the others.  I never got any stimulus before.  I wasn't expecting anything this time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 09:42:37 AM »
2019 Adjusted Gross Income, unless you have already filed your taxes, then it's your 2020 AGI.

Hum... I need to look. I might get a very low level of stimulation...

Nope, according to H&R Block's calculator, my bag of gold was just a bit too heavy.

Had my AGI been $79,999, according to the calculator I would have received a life changing 28 CENTS of stimulus.  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 09:44:17 AM »
I've been trying to keep my agi at under $48K in retirement for tax purposes, so I'm under the $75K threshold (I'm assuming they are using agi), but when I go the IRS site, I get, "you don't qualify". I had already filed my 2020 taxes, so they would have up to date info for me. Perhaps there is also an "old white guy" exclusion in the new administration rules.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 10:28:56 AM »
Y'all need a wife that doesn't make much money.

Stimulus arrived today, I just spent $500 on a 2m/70cm mobile radio and antenna for my truck.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »
SWMBO and I were stimulated.  Money being spent on home improvements like painting and flooring.  Care to guess who gets to do all the work?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 10:37:11 AM »
I was stimulized times 2 this morning! In fact, both the wife and I were stimulized!

I'm going to get that P365 this time, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet!

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »
"Care to guess who gets to do all the work?"

An unvaccinated illegal alien you're exploiting due to your white privilege?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 11:26:27 AM »
Y'all need a wife that doesn't make much money.

Stimulus arrived today, I just spent $500 on a 2m/70cm mobile radio and antenna for my truck.
Probably so.  My brother makes more than I do but it married, his wife does not work, and I am sure he still claims his daughter who is in college.  That helps him on the calculator.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 11:28:38 AM »
I tried to claim Seren as a dependent...

It didn't work.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »
No soup for me

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »
Friend of mine has 2 dependent kids and a wife who works part time.

$5,600 stimulization.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »
Nada for us.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 01:03:32 PM »
Friend of mine has 2 dependent kids and a wife who works part time.

$5,600 stimulization.

My sons coworker has 11 total in the family. Rolling in our dough

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 01:23:33 PM »
I was out enjoying a leisurely walk when a local thug “cornpop Obiden” accosted me at gunpoint and demanded my watch, phone and my wallet with $55 cash.
He handed me back $14.00 of my own money with a big smile behind his 2 masks and told me how he was taking good care of me and the country.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 01:31:18 PM »
I may get stimulated, I may not. I won't know for a while it seems. I moved, the IRS has lost me. The last stimulizers came as a debit card IIRC. I hope to get some of my money back so I can delete my truck, of course if I don't get stimulated I will still do the delete.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:35 PM »
Some of these are pretty funny until you stop to think about them... " Perhaps there is also an 'old white guy' exclusion in the new administration rules.  =)"  Funny... not so funny, Ben.

I don't know, either.  No particular reason to stop at the bank, and mailed statement won't be for a week or two.

Anyhow, have a good St. Patty's day, all.  Any excuse for a celebration, eh?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 01:43:34 PM »
Funny... not so funny, Ben.

Well, I gotta wonder.  I got the last two, and status showed up on the IRS site right away. Now with the first one of the new admin, nothing. 2020 income is about identical to 2019 income.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 02:16:04 PM »
"Care to guess who gets to do all the work?"

An unvaccinated illegal alien you're exploiting due to your white privilege?

Absolutely.  I'm doing my part to sustain the narrative.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 02:17:19 PM »
I tried to claim Seren as a dependent...

It didn't work.
Next time, don't include a picture. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:31 PM »
. . . Had my AGI been $79,999, according to the calculator I would have received a life changing 28 CENTS of stimulus.  :rofl:
But postage is 55 cents, so you would then owe 27 cents . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »
Postage is up to 55 cents? Jesus... I've been using forever stamps well... forever...

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »
We will get the full amount cuz I iz retireded and wifey hasn't worked since I retired. My choice, well except the time she ran up an $8,000 credit card bill behind my back and she had to work to help pay it off.  The last one came in a check so I assume this one will too.  It will go to help pay the last $6,000 on our mortgage.