Author Topic: Remember, its a small problem. Not all cops are guilty...Right.  (Read 13986 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Remember, its a small problem. Not all cops are guilty...Right.
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »
its either cause your so easy to get along with   or else you'll be labeled a lackey. i got along with em ok too and thats funny since quite a few times they were cuffing me. but i bet if i try i can imagine a scenario and draw lots of tin foil wearing heros to the scene
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »
oh i think you understand fine. pretending not too is safer though, for you and thr judge. if you ever come do the tourist thing in dc let me know i'll take you where tour mobile won't  and i don't go some places any more
One of us isn't making sense.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »
I don't understand this problem some of you have with cops.  I get along with them fine, on the few occasions we even have any interaction.
most of the time, citizen interaction with cops goes OK.

the problem comes when cops engage in misconduct. its not all that common, but it is not rare either. the problem is that with any other entity there is a means by which you can make a complaint and there is a good chance you will get a fair hearing on your complaint with a reasonable expectation that something appropriate will be done. that expectation just does not exist in the case of potential LE misconduct, especially in certain jurisdictions.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

• friends
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »
you mean like complaining about a doctor  or lawyer  or politician>? or anyone with a good union
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »
you mean like complaining about a doctor  or lawyer  or politician>? or anyone with a good union

2, 3 , or more wrongs somehow make a right?

Every other profession does it so it must be ok?

Really, that's your argument?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

• friends
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »
i guess i needed to cut and paste this in to show what i was responding to

"with any other entity there is a means by which you can make a complaint and there is a good chance you will get a fair hearing on your complaint with a reasonable expectation that something appropriate will be done"