Author Topic: Army Orders Pain Ray Trucks; New Report Shows 'Potential for Death'  (Read 14989 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Army Orders Pain Ray Trucks; New Report Shows 'Potential for Death'
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:38 AM »
Radar is pretty harmless unless it's something mounted on an AEGIS equipped cruiser or whatnot. 

Was there not a Soviet fighter plane that had a RADAR strong enough to kill rabbits on the runway? Or is that just a myth?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Was there not a Soviet fighter plane that had a RADAR strong enough to kill rabbits on the runway? Or is that just a myth?

Kill and cook them both ???

(now if we could just figure out the skinning and gutting part ...  =| )
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 04:35:17 PM »
Hrm.  Closer to an unshielded microwave oven.   Radar is pretty harmless unless it's something mounted on an AEGIS equipped cruiser or whatnot.  Microwave is not friendly to organic material, even at low strength.  I think bullets would be more humane, but I'm weird like that.

A swift bullet to the head of the operator and his/her CO should be manditory if used domestically,

And lastly, it is possible to block such a weapon cheaply, and also possible to reflect it at a target of your own choosing.  With a parabolic, it could be possible to reflect it back at lethal strength even if the transmitter was set to less lethal.

Radar is not harmless if you're right in front of the dish when it emits.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »

...or if a Wild Weasel is orbiting your area...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 04:47:40 PM »

I knew that my vanity mirror had a valid TEOTWAWKI use other than vampire-detector. =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Vanity
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
Whoa!

That's one big vanity mirror you have there!

:laugh:

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."