Author Topic: The Rings and the Lord Thereof  (Read 4616 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Rings and the Lord Thereof
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 07:23:02 PM »
I could have sworn that the fight with the wargs and Aragorn's brush with death happenned, but I was looking at that part of the book and counld't find it.  I appeared also that the Lady Eowyn never left Edoras.  Also, Eomer was at Helm's Deep and it was another Lord who brought reenforcements in the morning.  The movie also left out the trees that moved in around Helm's Deep and took care of the orcs that retreated.

Oh well, I have only read through the book once, so I guess it is high time I read it again.  I guess that was over 10 years ago. 

I have an anniversary edition of the combined book published in 1991.  It was illiustrated by Allan Lee.  I understand he consulted for the movie.  I think that is why the movie matches my imagination of the book so well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2006, 09:58:02 PM »
Hmm, am I the only person here who has read the parody "Bored of the Rings" by the Harvard Lampoon?  Absolutely hilarious.  With or without the golden ale and pipeweed.

I have that around here somewhere.  Wasn't Sting a Browning?   cheesy
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2006, 02:51:23 AM »
The movie also left out the trees that moved in around Helm's Deep and took care of the orcs that retreated.
Please tell me the ents weren't totally left out of the movie. 

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2006, 03:43:28 AM »
Please tell me the ents weren't totally left out of the movie. 

The Ents feature rather prominently in the movie, actually. They storm Isengard, and they mop up the remaining Orcs that flee into the forest.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2006, 09:02:42 AM »
The movie also left out the trees that moved in around Helm's Deep and took care of the orcs that retreated.
No, it didn't.  At least, not in the extended version.  They don't make a big deal out of it, but as Gandalf et al are leaving Helm's Deep for Isengard, there's a forest on the plain that was not there the day before...

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2006, 09:29:56 AM »
Okay, I haven't seen the extended version.  Maybe I need to look for a DVD set.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge