Author Topic: Looking for some handgun guidance  (Read 1871 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Looking for some handgun guidance
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »
Continuing the thread drift:

Why characterize this as thread drift?

Thread title: "Re: Looking for some handgun guidance"

Seems to me most of this is pretty much on topic  For once, we're talking about gun lore instead of gun law.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2023, 05:03:34 PM »
I reckon that's one in the "pro" column for an optic. I can pretty consistently one hand rack a slide with an optic on it, but I've not mastered it on a bare slide. It's also a case for the "EZ rack" slides that seem to constantly be advertised for women and the elderly. On the one extreme, I'm a fairly strong guy, but the springs on my Delta Elite make it impossible for me to one hand rack that thing.
I have done a one-handed rack with a bare slide off my jeans.  It helps if the rear sight can grab onto pants or something else.  I probably have not done that with my current carry gun.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2023, 05:09:42 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2023, 05:57:22 PM »
I believe the Israelis had a holster with a sharp step inside, in front of the trigger guard space, so one could rack the slide by forcing the muzzle down against that step.  Don't know whatever became of that.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2023, 06:07:00 PM »
I believe the Israelis had a holster with a sharp step inside, in front of the trigger guard space, so one could rack the slide by forcing the muzzle down against that step.  Don't know whatever became of that.

Think a few have toyed with that idea

Here a racking holster from Spain https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/17/spains-automatic-holster/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2023, 06:11:16 PM »

Hopefully it died an ignoble death, as the entire idea of condition 3 carry should.