Author Topic: Sharpton Shakes Down Post  (Read 5508 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Sharpton Shakes Down Post
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »
I said before, and I'll say it again, this was a huge mistake on the Post's part, and the editor should have his ass kicked.

True, but isn't it also somewhat true that controversy sells in this day and age, especially when paper-based daily publications are scrambling to maintain readership?

IOW, I'd wager the cartoonist, editor, and newspaper owner knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
bingo!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 03:05:52 PM »
Wow...

When I commented on this previously, I said that either the writer was making a (bad) joke about the stimulus bill being so bad a monkey must have written it OR that he said Obama was a monkey who needed to be shot.

I thought no one in their right mind could think the cartoonist was actually calling for the latter.

Apparently I was wrong.

No!

You were not wrong...

No one in their right mind could think the latter...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
In a truly color blind society, no one would think of the latter. 

No one is supposed to be racist, but everyone always assumes the worst whenever a race issue pops up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
Racism and hate mongering is big business.

No one really believes that people like Al and Jesse are making so much noise just to solely help their downtrodden black brethren...do they...honestly...even other black folk?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »
The (super liberal) black guys I work with have no use for Al and Jesse.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »
i still don't see where he or anyone else has hit em up for money.

They haven't yet. They're in the set-up stage and it all starts with contrived outrage and negative publicity. The extortion........er solicitations will come when the time is right and the Post is convinced they're getting sued for an imagined offense. This is what they do for a living.
Haven't you ever wondered what Sharpton and Jackson do for real jobs?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 12:35:06 AM »
so you think hes gonna try to extort money from the paper that published the article about his extorting money from other companies?  the second linked article that describes his actions is in the POST! thats why i say its not real likely hes gonna ask or they will pay . they want him protesting them it plays into their hand.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I