Author Topic: Test about the second amendment  (Read 5438 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

birdman

• friend
Re: Test about the second amendment
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:16:31 AM »
Bad test.

"does the second amendment guarantee the right to own assault rifles, machineuns, and missiles"
Correct answer (according to them): "probably not"
(note, it doesn't define assault rifle as a select fire weapon, and given its later referrals to the AWB, one would assume it means the same as that ban did)

Then saying the expiration of the AWB is the reason jared l was able to get 30rnd magazines?!

Wtf.  This test is the best example of a "logical" slide down a slippery slope I've ever seen.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:18:25 AM »
Bad test.

"does the second amendment guarantee the right to own assault rifles, machineuns, and missiles"
(note, it doesn't define assault rifle as a select fire weapon, and given its later referrals to the AWB, one would assume it means the same as that ban did)

Then saying the expiration of the AWB is the reason jared l was able to get 30rnd magazines?!

Wtf.  This test is the best example of a "logical" slide down a slippery slope I've ever seen.

Yeah, I had a few problems with some of their phrasing as well. Still, they did a better job than most reporters (or anyone else outside of the pro-gun crowd) would have.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »
Missed two.  I missed the question on the roots of the NFA, and the one birdman noted, on whether the 2nd guarantees the right to own ugly guns with shoulder things that go up.

Anyone else spend a few seconds identifying the guns on the dealers counter?  1911, Sig, at least one Colt, S&W or clone, ....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:12:24 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »
If the answer to machine guns assault rifles and missles wasn't "yes", then I'm not going to bother taking the test.  CSmonitor can kiss my tush.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »
If the answer to machine guns assault rifles and missles wasn't "yes", then I'm not going to bother taking the test.  CSmonitor can kiss my tush.

This.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
Thirded.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 08:56:13 AM »
Fourthed.

(Just for the benefit of the parliamentarians here.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:38:26 AM »
Based on Miller, one could argue that only military grade weapons are protected   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
Based on Miller, one could argue that only military grade weapons are protected   =|

It's the only legitimate argument one could make that the Belton Rifle isn't proof the Founders intended 2A to include automatic weapons; not counting it since it was never adopted by the military, rather than denying the clear evidence the BOR was ratified by men well aware of the existence of a fully automatic, cartridge loaded small arm.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
Well, I didn't miss any.  But the CSM missed one.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »
Bad test.

Yeah, right at question 10 the "quiz" departs the realm of law and fact and enters that of personal opinion.

And a pinch of snark for flavor: "But 'in-common-use' couldn't possibly refer to the hundreds of millions of assault rifles and machine guns in use--uhh, wait. Being borne--err, no. Hmm, kept--damnit! Toted! There we go, being toted around the world!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
It's the only legitimate argument one could make that the Belton Rifle isn't proof the Founders intended 2A to include automatic weapons; not counting it since it was never adopted by the military, rather than denying the clear evidence the BOR was ratified by men well aware of the existence of a fully automatic, cartridge loaded small arm.
I guess to me, at worst they should say 2nd Amendment doesn't define the term "arms".  Just assuming it doesn't include modern weapons is weak.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 01:28:11 PM »
I'm trying to find cites, but weren't many cannons provided for the revolution by private ownership? I'm pretty sure many were, but having trouble finding cite.
That would settle the arguement hands down, IMHO.
We do know for a fact that Privateer vessels were armed with cannons. 
Just sayin.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
I'm trying to find cites, but weren't many cannons provided for the revolution by private ownership? I'm pretty sure many were, but having trouble finding cite.
Just sayin.

Well, the simplest answer was that the U.S. Constitution offered the power to issue "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" which by definition would be granted to ships owned by private individuals.

And it stands to reason they weren't going to go after pirates, or the British navy with just muskets.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
And it stands to reason they weren't going to go after pirates, or the British navy with just muskets.  =D

Well, folks were a bit manlier back then  =D
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Well, the simplest answer was that the U.S. Constitution offered the power to issue "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" which by definition would be granted to ships owned by private individuals.

But those cannon were owned privately or by a company and put onto a ship.  Hell even merchant ships were quite often armed with a few cannon. 
JD

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, that was my point, privately owned cannon, not .gov issue.

I promise not to duck.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 06:52:12 PM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, that was my point, privately owned cannon, not .gov issue.

Roger roger.

JD

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
Roger roger.

Don't you mean Jolly Roger?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »
Don't you mean Jolly Roger?

I prefer the bleeding heart.

JD

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
as previously mentioned, question 10 was messed up.  it asked about the second amendment, but then referred to the heller decision for the answer.  also, i had no idea how many guns were out there in question 12.  this quiz seemed biased against large cap mags.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
Just sayin.

The Brits confiscated and destroyed two cannon in Concord on April 19th, 1775.  Those cannon were paid for by the Concord Militia and were the property of the people of Concord.  Not pirate cannon.  They were owned by the collective free association of the people of the town for their common defense. 

The Redcoats did not take muskets from individual homes.

They went after cannon and powder and stores of shot.

Fudds were fine back then, just as they are now.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »
CSM is teh suxxorz
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama