Author Topic: First Americans stone age europeans?  (Read 5473 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: First Americans stone age europeans?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:01 AM »
Did you not read the article?  It is talking about the discovery of 1970.

When the crew of the Virginia scallop trawler Cinmar hauled a mastodon tusk onto the deck in 1970, another oddity dropped out of the net: a dark, tapered stone blade, nearly eight inches long and still sharp.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:39 AM »
Did you not read the article?  It is talking about the discovery of 1970.

Yes- but not the discovery I was referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennewick_Man
Was what I was referring to-a different time too, 1996-oh well 20, 40 yrs whats the dif?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:27 AM »
Yes- but not the discovery I was referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennewick_Man
Was what I was referring to-a different time too, 1996-oh well 20, 40 yrs whats the dif?

My father always said the mind was the second thing to go.  He could just never remember the first.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
There have been other, similar discoveries even out west.  One, I recall the local "native" Americans were so disturbed by it they went to court to get the evidence back and then dumped untold tons of rock over the remains and site to keep folks from studying them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
An anthropology professor I had (I believe it was Donald Lathrop), back in the day (back when the conventional wisdom was "7-8 thousand years ago, across the Bering landbridge") said, once you break "the Pleistocene barrier" there's no telling how far back it goes.

Some interesting stuff coming out lately.  I wonder what else from that era is now underwater on the continental shelf.

And, in my queue to read "sometime soon" is Robert Ardrey's Hunting Hypothesis.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:36:41 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »
Lots of interesting evidence has been uncovered that contradicts the standard model. There has been evidence of Norse settlements on North America for a long time and it has only been recently that main stream science has started to accept it. Also evidence of Chinese visits to the west coast, still being mostly poo poo'd by the main stream.
My opinion is that there is a western/euro-centric bias in archeology that puts up blinders to the possibility of civilizations advanced enough to have done things Europeans did centuries before Europeans were even beginning to be capable of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »
I think there's enough evidence to support it, personally. And given the ice caps at the time, not even all that hard to believe IMO.

The more time that goes on the more conventional wisdom is tossed out the window. Columbus the first "modern" European to discover America has pretty soundly been debunked, for instance. Evidence has been found the Chinese made trips to the west coast. Heck, I seem to even recall the Egyptians and Greeks may have had some trade routes to the Americas. All of this would have been limited, but evidence has suggested the possibility/likelihood.

Who got here first is really a moot point, but is interesting all the same.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
 Supposedly Paiutes have artifacts of red headed people locked up.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:04:33 PM »
There were writing cultures in middle Europe several ice ages ago, that completely disappeared from the archeological record
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »
Supposedly Paiutes have artifacts of red headed people locked up.
I thought I read someone suggest Lewis and Clark saw natives that were red headed and blonde, but supposedly, those particular groups were wiped out by disease fairly quick.  I've never gone looking to see if that was true.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
Either way, I am always surprised at how resistant some people are to new ideas and possibilities.  How many people seem to assume we know all their is to know and vigorously resist any alternative.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »
It was space aliens.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
Either way, I am always surprised at how resistant some people are to new ideas and possibilities.  How many people seem to assume we know all their is to know and vigorously resist any alternative.

If it isn't covered in WIKIPEDIA it NEVER HAPPENED. [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
It was space aliens.

Cylons....we're all descended from Cylons....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »
That a picture of a Klingon there, Drewtam?   [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mordrid52

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Evidence has been found the Chinese made trips to the west coast.

Gavin Menzies' theory that the Chinese discovered the New World, along with his theory that the Chinese started the Italian Renaissance, has been utterly debunked by real historians and scholars, along with all of his "evidence."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
My opinion is that there is a western/euro-centric bias in archeology that puts up blinders to the possibility of civilizations advanced enough to have done things Europeans did centuries before Europeans were even beginning to be capable of it.

I am skeptical of this theory for four reasons.

1. I will not accept that idea, as it is new to me.

2. Temporal bias is a more likely explanation. There is a nearly uniform tendency to believe that ancient people were less intelligent and less capable than moderns, no matter where or what color.

3. Loony people really like those theories, which tends to make them suspect, even if they are true.

4. Aliens.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
I am skeptical of this theory for four reasons.

1. I will not accept that idea, as it is new to me.

2. Temporal bias is a more likely explanation. There is a nearly uniform tendency to believe that ancient people were less intelligent and less capable than moderns.

3. Loony people really like those theories, which tends to make them suspect, even if they are true.

4. Aliens.

Don;t forget the chemtrails.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
Isn't that what the chemtrails are for? To make us forget that the government is...is...I can't remember.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
YES

For some reason that had me rolling on the floor. I just couldn't stop laughing. :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
It's the hair combined with that "duuuude, I've smoked soooo much pot today" facial expression :laugh:.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
. . . Heck, I seem to even recall the Egyptians and Greeks may have had some trade routes to the Americas. All of this would have been limited, but evidence has suggested the possibility/likelihood.
I read that the ancient Egyptians may have been familiar with cocaine . . . now, where does that come from?

As for the dude pictured in earlier posts . . . obviously, with that hair, he has Centauri blood.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »
Gavin Menzies' theory that the Chinese discovered the New World, along with his theory that the Chinese started the Italian Renaissance, has been utterly debunked by real historians and scholars, along with all of his "evidence."

Menzies is pretty much a moon bat, but while there is nothing concrete, no smoking gun, there is some evidence that Chinese sailing ships visited north America pre-Columbus. Chinese sailing vessels had the capability to make such a voyage. My point isn't an assertion that it happened but rather that it is possible and for the mainstream to ridicule something simply because it it isn't accepted is not "scientific".

Thor Heyerdahl proved that it is possible for an Egyptian style reed boat to make a trans-Atlantic voyage but he didn't prove that it happened.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams