Author Topic: I can't stop laughing....  (Read 4784 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
I can't stop laughing....
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/pile-of-manure-dumped-on-an-ohio-democratic-headquarters/

Oh this is too rich. Reminds me of the parade where mockups of Barrack and Michelle were being toted in a manure spreader, but dear and fluffy lord, I truly can't stop laughing at this.  :rofl:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: I can't stop laughing....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »
Assuming it was someone from the Right, they should not be stooping this low.  We are better than that.
(But it was very amusing.  Makes a good point.   :rofl:  )
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »
Oh this happened in Warren County, Ohio.  That is just north of me and Warren is decidedly in the Republican camp...just saying....
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »
Yay vandalism.  I like to think our side has the moral and ethical high road, but I'm frequently proven wrong.

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
We need to get the real scoop on this.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Yay vandalism.  I like to think our side has the moral and ethical high road, but I'm frequently proven wrong.

Chris

I'd say leaving someone a huge pile of free fertilizer is still far and away morally superior to say, SWAT'ing, firebombing, voter intimidation, and mob violence.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
I'd say leaving someone a huge pile of free fertilizer is still far and away morally superior to say, SWAT'ing, firebombing, voter intimidation, and mob violence.

This.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Yay vandalism.  I like to think our side has the moral and ethical high road, but I'm frequently proven wrong.

Meh. The Patriots of old pulled down the enemies' houses, or set them on fire. The lefties have admitted they are an occupying force in our country. This sort of thing happens.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
It is probably not as bad as tar and feathers also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 03:11:39 PM »

Well that makes it all right then!  ;/

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
Careful, they might try to charge the perpetrators with transporting potential explosives. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
Thought I smelled something going on with this election cycle.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

erictank

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »

Agreed.

Doesn't mean it's ACCEPTABLE, though.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Well that makes it all right then!  ;/

Chris

Agreed.

Doesn't mean it's ACCEPTABLE, though.

Might I ask if either of you consider the Boston Tea Party to have been acceptable or moral? 240 years ago we were attempting to resist a despotic government hellbent on bleeding it's citizenry dry. Today we have a political party actively attempting to reinstate a similar despotic government. At a point that polite words become ineffectual and fruitless in the defense of personal freedom more direct actions become necessary. In this instance it was a very tangible statement on the state of our nation's politics. You find this immoral and unacceptable and I disagree.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
Might I ask if either of you consider the Boston Tea Party to have been acceptable or moral? 240 years ago we were attempting to resist a despotic government hellbent on bleeding it's citizenry dry. Today we have a political party actively attempting to reinstate a similar despotic government. At a point that polite words become ineffectual and fruitless in the defense of personal freedom more direct actions become necessary. In this instance it was a very tangible statement on the state of our nation's politics. You find this immoral and unacceptable and I disagree.

QFT.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

The Boston Tea Party was a statement against a specific issue (taxation, specifically taxes on tea) via a blocking action against those who had were directly involved with the importation of that taxed tea.  The BTP participants were telling the British they would not accept a tax they had no say in, nor would they allow that tea to remain in the colonies.  This was part of a larger movement and not the big secret pop culture makes it out to be.  It's also worth pointing out that they weren't protesting the tax itself, but that it was levied against them by a "foreign" govt without their input.  Presumably, and nothing I've read refutes this, they would accept the same tax given a voice and vote in the matter.

If you're going to do something, make an effective and concise statement, not a random act of vandalism.

So, what exactly was being said by a pile of crap on a political party's property?  What exactly is being prevented?  Why didn't a similar pile appear at the Republican Party headquarters?  They're just as guilty of bleeding us dry and supporting govt despotism.  Same result, just a different path to the end.  This was nothing but petty partisan hijinks between Kang and Kodos.

I suspect this was planned by the Republican version of Beavis and Butthead, chuckling the entire time about how funny it would be to dump a load of manure on the lawn. 

Monkeys flinging poo, that's all this is about.

Chris

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »
someone dumped a pile of horse manure in the parking lot of the headquarters building on US 42, just north of Lebanon.

IT'S NOT HORSE MANURE, IT'S DONKEY MANURE!  They missed the whole point!  (I better shut up now...)   =D
"It's good, though..."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
>Monkeys flinging poo, that's all this is about.<

Bad pun, Chris

Although I pretty much agree with your sentiment
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »

Chris

mtnbkr, no. Unfortunately, your side does not. Selection bias is what provides that illusion. I'm not rolling on the floor chuckling over hypocritical Republicans. Dems do the same thing. I just shake my head that either side believes they have any moral or ethical high ground, when it's fairly obvious that both are relatively equally hostile to the Constitution and the country in general. Just the areas of concentration differ.

kgbsquirrel, there is a difference between protesting foreign occupation and taxation without representation and harassing folks with vandalism because they have different opinions. If I was a Republican, I'd ask folks to identify the person and ideally, ask that person to apologize and clean up the mess they made. Or offer restitution. If you claim that Democrats are nefarious evil doers, I recommend reading the Declaration of Independence and ponder how many of those points have been committed by Republicans as often as Democrats.

Some random chucklehead believed he was more entitled to my property than I, the legal owner, was. Another chucklehead believed he was entitled to defacing the property of another legal owner. Because it was funny. I respect the criminal who tried to jack my stereo for personal gain over people who commit vandalism "for the lulz".

You, sir, are entitled to an opinion. But your comments say you are no fan of civilized behavior and endorse criminal behavior against property owners. I see your comments as similar to those who wish to coddle other property criminals as political protest against the evils of capitalism or some other nonsense. Criminals are criminals, scumbags are scumbags.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:40 AM »
I was listening to Glenn Beck's radio show the other day. He said that throwing feces as a form of protest is devil worship. Or Baal worship.

No, really.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 07:43:18 AM »
mtnbkr, no. Unfortunately, your side does not. Selection bias is what provides that illusion. I'm not rolling on the floor chuckling over hypocritical Republicans. Dems do the same thing. I just shake my head that either side believes they have any moral or ethical high ground, when it's fairly obvious that both are relatively equally hostile to the Constitution and the country in general. Just the areas of concentration differ.

That's why I said
I like to think our side has the moral and ethical high road, but I'm frequently proven wrong.

Chris

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »
I was listening to Glenn Beck's radio show the other day. He said that throwing feces as a form of protest is devil worship. Or Baal worship.

No, really.

There are reasons I don't listen to/watch Beck very often anymore. He gets a lot of stuff right, but he spouts some odd stuff, too.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »
The Boston Tea Party was a statement against a specific issue (taxation, specifically taxes on tea) via a blocking action against those who had were directly involved with the importation of that taxed tea.  The BTP participants were telling the British they would not accept a tax they had no say in, nor would they allow that tea to remain in the colonies.  This was part of a larger movement and not the big secret pop culture makes it out to be.  It's also worth pointing out that they weren't protesting the tax itself, but that it was levied against them by a "foreign" govt without their input.  Presumably, and nothing I've read refutes this, they would accept the same tax given a voice and vote in the matter.

If you're going to do something, make an effective and concise statement, not a random act of vandalism.

So, what exactly was being said by a pile of crap on a political party's property?  What exactly is being prevented?  Why didn't a similar pile appear at the Republican Party headquarters?  They're just as guilty of bleeding us dry and supporting govt despotism.  Same result, just a different path to the end.  This was nothing but petty partisan hijinks between Kang and Kodos.

I suspect this was planned by the Republican version of Beavis and Butthead, chuckling the entire time about how funny it would be to dump a load of manure on the lawn. 

Monkeys flinging poo, that's all this is about.

Chris

To echo an earlier post - QFT.

This was not a focused political statement. This was petty-minded vandalism.

RevDisk's comments to KGB were also quite good.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 01:02:59 AM »
A sharp lawyer could contend that this is "political speech".

I'm not condoning it.  Around here we have some D's that like to go around and spray paint bad words on R's campaign signs.  After some public outcry over the bad words, they changed to just spray painting over the signs.

While I found it humourous, I also shake my head in that "our side" would stoop to that level.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.