Author Topic: Melania Trump Trapped in House by Protestors  (Read 4765 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Melania Trump Trapped in House by Protestors
« on: July 07, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Melania Trump is currently trapped in the guest house where she is staying due to G-20 protestors outside. She's the only high level spouse currently missing a scheduled event because she can't leave.

I thought the krauts had that new state of the art water cannon. They need to fill it with urine and give the antifas and Bill DeBlasio a taste of their own medicine. I can't help but think that Merkel thinks this is funny.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/07/melania-trump-blocked-by-g-20-protesters-from-leaving-german-guest-house.html

Edited because you guys have nothing better to do than be spellcheck and grammar nazis. :P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:25:36 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Melanie Trump Trapped in House by Protestors
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:46 AM »
That should be embarrassing for the German govt.  I am not sure if they will see it that way.  I am inclined to say Trump should leave if Germany can't keep the protesters out of the way.  It will only escalate if the protesters get the idea they can do what they want.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
Easy to see why she's the target. Typical ugly American. Probably never been to Europe before, and you know she doesn't bother to learn the language.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »

For the other side:

https://www.neues-deutschland.de/artikel/1056668.brennende-autos-beim-g-nationalfetisch-auto.html

Rough translation:
Germans love their cars. It's a very important capitalist symbol to them. It's almost worse to damage someone's car than to try to kill them. Police are bad, police doing their job is very bad. The regular citizens love their cars enough that police excess is acceptable. Even an official police state would be acceptable to people if it meant their cars would be safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4igqZL27k&feature=youtu.be

More on antifas and other groups throwing glass and other objects at police. The police, to me, are being extremely cautious and not confronting large groups. The regular locals do not look happy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »
For the other side:

https://www.neues-deutschland.de/artikel/1056668.brennende-autos-beim-g-nationalfetisch-auto.html

Rough translation:
Germans love their cars. It's a very important capitalist symbol to them. It's almost worse to damage someone's car than to try to kill them. Police are bad, police doing their job is very bad. The regular citizens love their cars enough that police excess is acceptable. Even an official police state would be acceptable to people if it meant their cars would be safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4igqZL27k&feature=youtu.be

More on antifas and other groups throwing glass and other objects at police. The police, to me, are being extremely cautious and not confronting large groups. The regular locals do not look happy.

I can confirm all that, at least regarding the run of the mill krauts. The German police (management, not cops on the front lines) pussyfooting around has me a bit perplexed. I'm wondering if someone (commie pinko Merkel!) told them to either be hands off and/or step back, or if they were just completely overwhelmed with the number of protestors.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
OK, I have to point out that her name is not "Melanie."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
My guess would be that most of the protesters aren't German. (I was very surprised at the graffiti in the St. Pauli video, although thinking about it that area of Hamburg has always been kind of craphole.)  I'm betting that many are the same ones that go from summit to summit protesting, and leaving behind a giant mess.

The thing is most Germans very much are clean and orderly (In Ordung, is the national philosophy), and have little patience for litter or other lack of cleanliness.  Soldiers that lived off post would get in trouble with their German Landlords if they weren't doing their part to keep the outside of the building clean and swept.   (And yes, they got Counseling Statements from Squad Leaders or the Platoon Sergeant if it got bad enough...)

So yes, cars on fire, broken bottles, and other trash from these protesters, I'm shocked the Polizei haven't gone all jackboot on these 'tards.  
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:33:04 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
OK, I have to point out that her name is not "Melanie."

You're a real pain in the ass this week. I hadn't had my coffee yet when I posted that. Fixed. :P  :laugh:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 04:02:54 PM »
I can confirm all that, at least regarding the run of the mill krauts. The German police (management, not cops on the front lines) pussyfooting around has me a bit perplexed. I'm wondering if someone (commie pinko Merkel!) told them to either be hands off and/or step back, or if they were just completely overwhelmed with the number of protestors.

Hamburg is one of the most anarchist friendly cities in Germany. Plus, yes, Merkel. The German police could absolutely crush them. So, someone is ordering them to be as kid gloved as possible. They're still being accused of excess and brutality anyways, which I'm sure is thrilling.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
They're still being accused of excess and brutality anyways, which I'm sure is thrilling.

Again, if you are going to accused of it might as well make it worthwhile and go all Bull Conners on them... 

So, someone is ordering them to be as kid gloved as possible.

Apropos on nothing, the Polizei were ordered to be smiling, friendly, and huggable at the 1972 Olympics...and we all know how that turned out. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
Re: Melania Trump Trapped in House by Protestors
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
I thought German cops were a lot tougher than this... this is an embarrassment.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »
How much OC would it take to fill a crop duster?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 08:40:28 PM »
I wonder if a large number of SS agents could go heavily armed to the house, with orders to shoot if necessary, and get Melania out.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »
I wonder if a large number of SS agents could go heavily armed to the house, with orders to shoot if necessary, and get Melania out.

I suppose a small number of them, lightly armed, could do it. Might be a bit of a PR issue, though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »

I suppose a small number of them, lightly armed, could do it. Might be a bit of a PR issue, though.

I did not see more information on the incident beyond the link I posted, but it seemed to be not just a matter of getting her out of the house safely, but anywhere out of the neighborhood. I think the rioters were blocking all the streets. Not that the appropriate military vehicle couldn't have solved that.  >:D

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 10:51:38 PM »
I did not see more information on the incident beyond the link I posted, but it seemed to be not just a matter of getting her out of the house safely, but anywhere out of the neighborhood. I think the rioters were blocking all the streets.

Then a small number, lightly armed, wearing comfortable walking shoes.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »
Anybody else think it's a little odd that the "guest house" used in this case apparently doesn't have a secure area that could be used as a helipad?  That would have solved the problem with a phone call to the nearest US military facility, or a request to have a German military helicopter get her wherever she needs to go.  (And maybe arrange to completely move her to a safer location.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 12:27:25 AM »
Anybody else think it's a little odd that the "guest house" used in this case apparently doesn't have a secure area that could be used as a helipad?  That would have solved the problem with a phone call to the nearest US military facility, or a request to have a German military helicopter get her wherever she needs to go.  (And maybe arrange to completely move her to a safer location.)

That's actually an interesting point. You'd think that the Secret Service plans for multiple routes out and would only approve a residence that would give them that. My understanding is that the residence is usually used for German politicritters. Though it seems the SS was deferring to the recommendation of the kraut cops to stand fast, so there might be a lot more information that we're just not seeing.

The  whole incident seems to have died down very quickly, which I bet we wouldn't see if it were Michelle Obama trapped there. Every MSNBC reporter would be screaming to "send in the SEELs!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
I think we're all overlooking the fact that the SS might have been distracted by the local hookers, and just not answering the phone.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 04:43:40 PM »

Nearest US military facility is about 400 miles.  2AD(FWD) left Bremerhaven about 25 years ago.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 04:46:14 PM »
Nearest US military facility is about 400 miles.  2AD(FWD) left Bremerhaven about 25 years ago.
So close enough for a cluster bomb strike?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 06:03:04 PM »

Meh; anyone who's seen Airwolf knows helicopters could cover that in ~90 seconds back in the 80s.  They've got to be better now.

(And not exceed Mach 2 in the process.  And when they were willing to risk going just over Mach 2, Airwolf could cross CONUS from Washington state to Washington DC in ~11 minutes on a single tank of fuel with plenty left.  I really wonder what their technical advisor was smoking.)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
Meh; anyone who's seen Airwolf knows helicopters could cover that in ~90 seconds back in the 80s.  They've got to be better now.

(And not exceed Mach 2 in the process.  And when they were willing to risk going just over Mach 2, Airwolf could cross CONUS from Washington state to Washington DC in ~11 minutes on a single tank of fuel with plenty left.  I really wonder what their technical advisor was smoking.)
    AIRWOLF  had technical advisers? :O =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 08:39:03 AM »
I thought German cops were a lot tougher than this... this is an embarrassment.

They are. However, the city is the most anarchist friendly city in Germany and many absolutely loonie folks are in local government. Think Berkeley, Portland or SF. But probably worse. The city has had the arm on the police to be ineffectual for years.

*snort*  One rookie Secret Service agent with a side arm could have cleared a path. The local window smashers are not brave, competent or sacrifice making type. Undoubtedly the locals were told or did the telling to treat the rioters with dignity and respect that was certainly more important than preserving property, guarding foreign diplomatic folks of allied countries or not embarrassing yourself in front of the world. Hilariously, said squishy types in Germany screamed about police brutality ueber alles even when the police were being incredibly hands off.