Author Topic: Melania Trump Trapped in House by Protestors  (Read 4764 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Melania Trump Trapped in House by Protestors
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 10:46:16 AM »
    AIRWOLF  had technical advisers? :O =D

I liked how they fired sidewinders, hellfires, shrikes, walleyes, and sparrow missiles from a 4" tube.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
    AIRWOLF  had technical advisers? :O =D
He was paid, but he sat in his trailer all day and they never asked any questions. 

Or based on a youtube video I saw:   "Is this the correct tube launcher for that hellfire missile over there?"  "That's a maverick missile". ...........and they never asked any more questions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »
But the music.....
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »
But the music.....

Is now stuck in my head thanks to you sorry lot.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 11:11:45 PM »
I liked how they fired sidewinders, hellfires, shrikes, walleyes, and sparrow missiles from a 4" tube.

And dozens of each, at that.  Where the heck were they storing them?

(On looking it up, appears to be 12 sidewinders, 4 AIM-95 agiles, 2 shrikes and 2 bullpups.  And sometimes at least one Paveway.  Then in second season, it changed to 6 each of copperheads and hellfires, and 12 redeyes for the ADF pod, plus 4 falcons in the auxilliary bay.)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 12:37:47 AM »
But the music.....

Reminds me of the Lazerhawk I've been listening to lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co&t=1606s
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
And dozens of each, at that.  Where the heck were they storing them?

(On looking it up, appears to be 12 sidewinders, 4 AIM-95 agiles, 2 shrikes and 2 bullpups.  And sometimes at least one Paveway.  Then in second season, it changed to 6 each of copperheads and hellfires, and 12 redeyes for the ADF pod, plus 4 falcons in the auxilliary bay.)

I seem to recall believing that they must have had specialized miniature versions of those missiles to make them work, but mainly I just suspended disbelief and enjoyed watching the show.  The pilot movie and first season was pretty good; the character of Stringfellow Hawke was interesting since he wasn't a classic "good guy,"  he was jaded by the loss of his parents at an early age, the fact his brother St. John (pronounced "Sin Jin" in a bizarre "British-ism") was an MIA in Viet Nam.  He had a snarky dark cynical element to his nature, portrayed best in a conversation with Gabriel in the pilot movie.
Later seasons softened this aspect.  But, hey, I always loved that nasty-@ss supersonic helicopter.

As far as the ordnance.... it's basically a science fiction show in that regard anyway.
Interestingly there have been experiments with what are called "compound helicopters" (helicopters with more than one lift/propulsion system).   They basically stalled out research wise since it makes for a complicate chopper.   Extra jet engines have been tried and attained speeds of 300kts .... problem is the chopper is not big enough to carry enough fuel to give such a being anywhere near long enough "legs" to be really practical. Back when the AH-64 Apache was on the drawing boards there was a similar attack chopper called the "Cheyenne,"  which had a pusher-prop behind the anti-torque prop.   Made the dang thing faster, but at the cost of complexity and maintainance and the U.S. Army nixed it, deciding the Apache was good enough and easier to keep running .... and I guess they were right.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero