Author Topic: Yet another fine parent...  (Read 9417 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Yet another fine parent...
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
I imagine you are at the sharp end of that issue.  Sometimes I wish the newspapers and such would publish a whole lot more details about what some of these criminals do.  It would be useful if the general public knew a lot more about how many cases there are and what was done. 

No, you don't.

Seriously, you do not want to know the details.

Just to give you an idea of why not, the folks who came out to do a sexual abuse treatment training program for the 3-county area started off by putting a plastic trash can next to every student.  Most folks initially wondered why.  Before lunch we had 4 students who refused to come back in and finish the training.  One "quit" on the spot (not just the training but their job) but after taking the rest of the day off and meeting with a few therapists was allowed to return with three days administrative leave to cover their time away.  They transferred from casework to financial assistance and were really never any good for anything.

I can make you never go to sleep with the lights off again just by telling you the highlights of some cases.  Don't make me come to your house and do it.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
moar fun with modern parenting:

The little boy who started a sex change aged eight because he (and his lesbian parents)
knew he always wanted to be a girl
Parents say it's better for Thomas to have sex change before he is adult

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html#ixzz1a7ppSO2Z

Tammy Lobel's hormones are being blocked by an implant on the inside of the 11-year-old's upper left arm, which must be replaced once a year.
Ms Moreno explained: 'In other words, she will stay as a pre-pubescent boy until she decides and we feel that she can make this decision about surgery.'
His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy.
By age 14 or 15 the device will need to be removed so that Tammy can go through puberty, Ms Moreno said.
If he chooses to stop taking the drugs, he will undergo natural male puberty at a later stage and his future fertility would not be impacted.
Should their son decide to transition to an adult female, he can take female hormones as well, which would raise his voice, allow him to grow breasts and develop other feminine physical characteristics.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2011, 03:26:22 PM »
All I have to say to that is WTF!?!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
Having had discussions with a man who is living as a woman and taking hormone blockers in preparation to getting surgery, I wondered when sex-changing children would start being a thing.  He always talked about how it would have been so much easier if he had never gone through male puberty.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »

The little boy who started a sex change aged eight because he (and his lesbian parents)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html#ixzz1a7ppSO2Z

Tammy Lobel's hormones are being blocked by an implant on the inside of the 11-year-old's upper left arm, which must be replaced once a year.
Ms Moreno explained: 'In other words, she will stay as a pre-pubescent boy until she decides and we feel that she can make this decision about surgery.'
His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy.
By age 14 or 15 the device will need to be removed so that Tammy can go through puberty, Ms Moreno said.
If he chooses to stop taking the drugs, he will undergo natural male puberty at a later stage and his future fertility would not be impacted.
Should their son decide to transition to an adult female, he can take female hormones as well, which would raise his voice, allow him to grow breasts and develop other feminine physical characteristics.

I would point out that the kid needs to be taken away from the "parents" and the latter be charged with child abuse, or similar. But that just seems obvious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »

That's the kind of *expletive deleted*it that results when "modern" parents refuse to let their children develop a normal gender identity (like those aholes in that article we discussed a few months back who refuse to define their child, or let it be defined as a girl or boy)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!