Author Topic: Rude People Suck  (Read 2996 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Rude People Suck
« on: October 18, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
My neighborhood used to be so nice...

My new neighbors have old rusted out Honda civic with an overpowered stereo blasting out rap while parked in the drive way.  I asked them to turn it down nicely I thought.  "Hey guys, do me a favor and turn that down?  It is louder in my house than my TV is".  The prick outside wearing jean cut offs and a BDU top with no sleeves holding a beer said:  "Did you say please?".  I gave him a massively sarcastic please and he turned it down.

At least he turned it down, but what the hell happened to common courtesy anymore?

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: Rude People Suck
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »
...but what the hell happened to common courtesy anymore?

It's death began in the late 60's with the notions that cultural taboos and were pass'e; no longer relevant. That if it felt good it must be OK. That language didn't matter and manners mattered even less.

It grew with the welfare state that johnson initiated and that killed the notion of personal responsibility and accountability. The notion that society is responsible for the deeds of it's individuals exacerbated the situation.

And government schools didn't help matters any when teachers became afraid to discipline students for even the most egregious of misbehaviours for fear of being sued thus teaching our children that there are no consequences for bad manners.

The list goes on...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

crawdaddyjim

• Alien
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »
Just look at Werewolf's sig line...

Its the parents.

Jim

P.S. actually I think it began to fall apart when kids didn't have to grow up or die due to childishness.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
Babysitting dorm residents, the oft heard line was "Boy, some people's children!" 

At least he turned it down, not up.

Try shopping stereo speakers on the basis of how they sound at minimal volume, the sales jocks will look at you as if you are from another planet.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

don

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
Just look at Werewolf's sig line...

Its the parents.

Jim

P.S. actually I think it began to fall apart when kids didn't have to grow up or die due to childishness.
 That is 100% correct. I am a teacher in the public school system and have taught in some trade schools working with adults from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and believe me, often the parents are as rude as the children. I demand manners in my classroom. If you don't like it you can get hell out! You don't talk while I'm talking and you had better turn off that d#@& cellphone off and I don't give a rat's rear end what your parents think.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »
It just boggles my mind that some folks think it is ok to blast "music" so loud it can be heard clearly 2 houses away and then act as if it is an insult to be asked to turn it down.

Next time I won't ask, I will call the PD and file a noise complaint.  Maybe a $300 fine will get the point across.

I am mentally counting down the years until I can afford a place where the neighbors are hundreds of yards away at the closest.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:29:48 PM by 41magsnub »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 06:57:41 PM »
It just boggles my mind that some folks think it is ok to blast "music" so loud it can be heard clearly 2 houses away and then act as if it is an insult to be asked to turn it down.

Two HOUSES?

I live in a semi-rural 'burb, in a house set back a bit from the street. Almost daily (or, more precisely, "nightly") there are cars going by (well in excess of the 35 MPH speed limit) with stereos so loud that I can here them coming from at least half to three-quarters of a mile down the road. When they go past the driveway I not only hear them, I feel my chair throbbing in resonance with their noise. There is no rational reason for playing "music" that load. None whatsoever.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »
sad thing is its not just kids its young and not so young adults.  the kid at the end of the culdesac has been known to drink beer with his friends there  and they ditch the emptys in the ditch so as not to get nailed for open container. he saw me pick up the emptys one morning and stopped apologised and cleaned em up along with all the other trash on a quater mile of street. i told him to use my trash can from now on and the lil heathens have . the culdesac stays clean. they were surprised i didn't give em a load of crap  but i couldn't work up to it. i remember doing similar myself.  i have mixed feelings about them drinking i'm sure a lotta of em aren't of age but i listen to them and hear em confiscate keys and leave cars to come back and get em next day so i gotta give em points for being smarter than my peers were at that age.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:18 PM »
Yeah, rudeness and crassness are really not merely diseases of the young.  Heck, some woman who looked about fifty decided to cut in front of me in line today.  Odd how that only happens when I look really sick. 

Some people, all ages, just get off on taking despicable behavior to new lows.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
Oh good, I was getting out of my truck and he threatened to kick my ass if I gave him any more trouble and then drove off.  Just freaking super, called the cops to file a report.  I also locked the doors and checked the shotgun again.  I am not going to stand for being threatened in my own neighborhood.

I now have a violent offender who likes to party late as one neighbor and this new piece of crap as another.  My nice neighborhood is turning into a trailer park.  This seriously bothers me, it is a 8 year old subdivision.  Granted in the grand scheme of things these are inexpensive houses but still...

Update:  turns out the guy had a warrant for something or other.  The cop I called arrested him and hauled him away.  I love it when a plan comes together.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:28:41 PM by 41magsnub »

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
My neighborhood used to be so nice...

My new neighbors have old rusted out Honda civic with an overpowered stereo blasting out rap while parked in the drive way.  I asked them to turn it down nicely I thought.  "Hey guys, do me a favor and turn that down?  It is louder in my house than my TV is".  The prick outside wearing jean cut offs and a BDU top with no sleeves holding a beer said:  "Did you say please?".  I gave him a massively sarcastic please and he turned it down.

At least he turned it down, but what the hell happened to common courtesy anymore?

I so hate to say I have this one beat...  At the end of August the last two weekends of the month my neighbor (2 houses down) has a big, big party.  At 6pm a live Mariachi band starts up, it plays till 11pm at night.  The music is so loud that we cannot hear the tv, or anything else.  I have called the police and they will drive over tell them to turn it down.  Five minutes later, the music goes back up.  We just end up leaving for the night.

Reason #17 why we are moving from this house.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 12:27:24 AM »
The only loud thing around here they finally cracked down on is the people with the straight pipes on their Harleys who revved them at every stopsign. It was like children who bang pots and pans for attention. Sorry, a 120dB deafening "PBBBBB! PBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB! PBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!" that drowns out any conversation is NOT pleasant when you're eating outside downtown, especially since the biker had earplugs in.