Author Topic: See what happens when guns are banned.  (Read 3757 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
See what happens when guns are banned.
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:30:06 AM »
Cops: Street Slasher Tosses Firebombs From NYC Rooftop, Setting Livery Cab Afire

NEW YORK   A man with a machete slashed someone who was coming out of a subway station before climbing to a building's rooftop and hurling firebombs at cars, setting one ablaze, police said.

The 21-year-old attacker set upon a 45-year-old man Tuesday night at a Queens subway station exit, police said.

The victim, who fended off his attacker with an umbrella, suffered cuts to his head, police said. He was in stable condition at a hospital.

The attacker dropped the machete and fled inside a nearby two-story building, where he went to the roof and started smoking cigarettes before setting liquid-filled containers on fire and hurling them into the street, witnesses said.

He threw at least four explosive devices, one of which struck a livery cab and set it on fire, police said. No one was injured.

Police evacuated nearby homes in the Richmond Hill neighborhood and sealed off the block during a one-hour standoff with the man. Officers swarmed the area on foot while a police helicopter hovered over the man.

Officer Robert Zajac said the ordeal ended when he told the man, "It's time to come down now," and the man complied.

The man, whose identity wasn't released, was undergoing psychiatric evaluation at a hospital on Tuesday night, police said. He hadn't been charged with any crime.

Neighbors said they were scared for their lives while the man was chucking firebombs into the street. They said they didn't know the man well but he was always quiet and hadn't caused problems before.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344748,00.html
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: See what happens when guns are banned.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 04:32:48 AM »
Wow, that got completely buried by the MSM.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:36:46 AM »
I think the obvious solution would be to make fire bombing cars illegal.
One day at a time.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 04:54:30 AM »
Machetes also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 05:16:17 AM »
Wasn't it around 1990 or so that a guy - also in NYC - firebombed a "social club" and killed 87 people - all without the use of any firearm?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:31:03 AM »
Not sure what the law is there, but here's how it is around here...

627:7 Use of Force in Defense of Premises.  A person in possession or control of premises or a person who is licensed or privileged to be thereon is justified in using non-deadly force upon another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate the commission of a criminal trespass by such other in or upon such premises, but he may use deadly force under such circumstances only in defense of a person as prescribed in RSA 627:4 or when he reasonably believes it necessary to prevent an attempt by the trespasser to commit arson.

In other words, if someone is throwing firebombs on your property, you're fully justified in shooting them.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:42:39 AM »
MUST BAN FIRE! FIRE BAD!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 06:47:54 AM »
In other words, if someone is throwing firebombs on your property, you're fully justified in shooting them.
When MLK rioters burned Detroit and began acting up in Chicago, Hizzoner Da Mayor, Richard J. Daley (sire of the current mayor) ordered the police - shoot to maim looters, and shoot to kill arsonists.

Activists (including Jesse Jackson) were a mite upset - but the rioting stopped, and so did the arson.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 08:11:30 AM »
I'm not sure if you're joking, Mech, because as you may know one needs a license to possess a machete in Massachusetts.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »
I'm not sure if you're joking, Mech, because as you may know one needs a license to possess a machete in Massachusetts.

Really? shocked  I didn't know it was that bad.  Are sticks legal?  I was in Boston a couple years ago and saw a tree, don't know if the owner had a licence or not.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
It sounds like someone has been playing Grand Theft Auto a little too much.
 undecided
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »
They said they didn't know the man well but he was always quiet and hadn't caused problems before.

Yup.  It's always the quiet ones.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
And this is why we need tighter gun control laws, to prevent these kinds of crime from occurring.

Sorry, thought I was posting over at Brady.   laugh

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 04:52:44 PM »
The victim, who fended off his attacker with an umbrella

They need to ban umbrellas, or else this vigilante stuff will get completely out of hand  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
I must correct my earlier post.  Machetes aren't regulated in Massachusetts, yet.  I was thinking of a bill introduced during 2005 that would have licensed the item.

http://massbackwards.blogspot.com/2008/04/eeeek-sharp-objects.html
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
I must correct my earlier post.  Machetes aren't regulated in Massachusetts, yet.  I was thinking of a bill introduced during 2005 that would have licensed the item.

http://massbackwards.blogspot.com/2008/04/eeeek-sharp-objects.html

No, they're wanting to ban them there, now, because there's "no reason to have one in Massachusetts". There's been a rash of MS-13 attacks, including one right in broad daylight in City Hall Plaza, directly across from Faneuil Hall last month.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »
Wasn't it around 1990 or so that a guy - also in NYC - firebombed a "social club" and killed 87 people - all without the use of any firearm?

He poured gasoline inside the doorway, the only way in or out, and lit it. The entrance was at the base of a stairwell and there were fans (I think) upstairs for ventilation, so the fumes were sucked up into the room. A few, a very few, people near the door escaped by leaping through the flames. Almost all the deaths were caused by smoke inhalation.

IIRC, the guy is in for a nice loooooong stretch. IMNSHO he should've been publicly crucified, and I mean that literally. Sorry little SOB killed all those people because the "object of his affection" didn't return the feeling.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.