Author Topic: Teen Girls Killed in Wreck After Attempting to Rob Cab Driver by Slashing His Fa  (Read 5258 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
LOS ANGELES    Two teenage girls who attempted to rob a cab driver, slashing his face with a box cutter, were thrown from the taxi and killed in a wreck on Tuesday, police said.

The 50-year-old driver was taken to a hospital and released after receiving treatment for minor injuries, including cuts to his neck and face, Los Angeles Police Department spokeswoman Officer April Harding said. His name was not immediately released.

Two 17-year-old girls flagged down the cab at about 12:30 a.m. in eastern Los Angeles and asked to be taken to a nearby housing project, police said.

The girls were Alexous Ann Sandoval and Daisy Orozco, both Los Angeles residents, the coroner's office said.

When they pulled up, one girl said her boyfriend would come down to pay their fare. Instead, he approached the cab with a gun, Harding said.

The cab driver apparently sped away with the women still in the back seat.

"The cab driver got scared," Harding said. "One of the females pulled out a box cutter and began cutting the taxi cab driver and that's what caused him to crash."

It appeared the cab driver believed he was being followed by a gunman, police said. Two men were detained and being questioned about the incident, Harding said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348448,00.html

Karma, it is a bitch.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Karma, it is a bitch.
Especially when it's instant.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Manedwolf

• friend
Good riddance. Shame the boyfriend wasn't run over as well.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

We live in an imperfect world...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Don't forget the other benefits of this. Those two hobags were prevented from introducing their spawn to the world.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Azrael256

• friend
Those two hobags were prevented from introducing their spawn to the world.
You assume...

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
And that's why you don't go around robbing people.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I drive a cab and have been suspicious of the same thing, it must have been
a serious wreck and the driver had a seatbelt on.
I try to make sure I don't get boxed in.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

mfree

• friend
Hrmm, so it was a "Collateral" moment then?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I drive a cab and have been suspicious of the same thing, it must have been
a serious wreck and the driver had a seatbelt on.
I try to make sure I don't get boxed in.

The same thought I had.  The driver must have been buckled up while the girls weren't.  Hit something, sudden stop, girls go through front window.

MicroBalrog

• friend
"The cab driver got scared," Harding said. "One of the females pulled out a box cutter and began cutting the taxi cab driver and that's what caused him to crash."

This reminds me of a Larry Niven story.

Seriously:

WHO IS DUMB ENOUGH to try and kill the driver in the car while moving?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• friend
Apparently the guy with the gun reached into the window to grab a GPS.
I know a cabbie who had an idiot reach in thru the driver window, he grabbed his arm and stepped on the gas, dragging him for quite awhile!
He is pretty sure he at least broke his arm but he never went back to look, never reported it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bigjake

• friend
Karma, it is a bitch.
Especially when it's instant.

Most excellent.  At least karma has the balls to handle what the Kali DOJ doesn't!

Antibubba

• friend

California is a "Felony Murder" state, which means that if, in the commission of a crime, somebody dies, even if it was unintentional, even if it was one of your hoodlum associates, you face murder charges. 

He ain't goin' nowhere.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....

Which one ?   Huh?
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

The Annoyed Man

California is a "Felony Murder" state, which means that if, in the commission of a crime, somebody dies, even if it was unintentional, even if it was one of your hoodlum associates, you face murder charges. 

He ain't goin' nowhere.
So you mean Male Scumbag may possibly face the death penalty? Sweeeeet!

gunsmith

• friend

Which one ?

I vaugley(SIC) remember a story in which some one gets mangled in a space ship, but what story is it?
LN was one of my faveorites (SIC) for a long time.

Antibubba

• friend
So you mean Male Scumbag may possibly face the death penalty? Sweeeeet!

No, not the death penalty, but probably closer to aggravated murder.  Point is that he won't just be slapped on the wrist.  And the California penal system is in such poor shape it'd be more merciful to kill him.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Some people really have no common sense.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

MicroBalrog

• friend

Which one ?   Huh?

Niven, "The Better Weapon". It is the story of a person who takes a hitchiker. Said hitch-hiker then proceeds to threaten him with a knife. Then the driver threatens to run the car into a tree, and it looks like he's gonna go through with it. The robber prompltly surrenders.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner