Author Topic: Police Use Taser to Subdue Groom, Daughter at Church Wedding in New York  (Read 6583 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
PORT CHESTER, N.Y.   Police used a stun gun to subdue two people at a wedding reception after a ruckus erupted over the band.

The bride, the groom and the couple's daughter were arrested at Saturday's Westchester County event, according to police officials. Police subdued the groom and the daughter.

Port Chester Police Lt. James Ladeairous said department guidelines allow officers to use a Taser stun gun when they can't otherwise get control of a suspect.

The 21-year-old daughter and her father were left with bruises, said the daughter. Both were arrested on misdemeanor charges, while the bride faces a felony criminal mischief charge. The couple was legally married 22 years ago but had a long-delayed church wedding Saturday, according to the daughter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348529,00.html

Sounds like my kind of party.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

meinbruder

• friends
I'm guessing it was a stripper wedding.

Da Bianhua
}:)>
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
I remember my neighbor, father of the bride, and the groom got in a drunken brawl outside the house the night before the wedding. Cops came, maced the groom, he spent the next 1/2 hour puking. Got to give it to FIL, he kicked some ass.  laugh I could only imagine the wedding pictures with all the bruises and black eyes though.  laugh

I'm guessing the crowd wanted "Freebird" and the band didn't know it. That'll always cause a ruckus.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
PORT CHESTER, N.Y.   Police used a stun gun to subdue two people at a wedding reception after a ruckus erupted over the band.

Who was playing the wedding, Limp Bizkit?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
I'm guessing the crowd wanted "Freebird" and the band didn't know it. That'll always cause a ruckus.  grin

I think it was probably something like this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31184
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Silver Bullet

• friend
"What voltage for wedding rowdies ?"

There.  I said it.  What everybody was thinking.   laugh

Wynterbourne

At least they can say that they had a wedding that nobody will forget.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
And a shockingly good reception.      shocked
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
And a shockingly good reception.      shocked
Cops go to their tasers when they meet resistance . . . more than one person was charged . . . watt's wrong with that?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Sorry, but after a chunk of bad puns like that, I've just got to go off to meditate to clear my mind.

ohm....   ohm.....   ohm.....   ohm....

grin angel

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Manedwolf

• friend
Cops go to their tasers when they meet resistance someone who talks back or questions their actions

FTFY

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
^ Stop identifying with the bad guys.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Manedwolf

• friend

Had you happened to see the Utah trooper film? Tasering in the back for walking away about a traffic ticket?

If it was used for less-lethal defense in all instances, it'd be great. Too many cops use the thing as an electric whip for compliance.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Maned, I'm afraid you may have missed the subtle pun on that one.   

Cops go to their tasers when they meet resistance . . . more than one person was charged . . . watt's wrong with that?

HankB

• friend
Maned, I'm afraid you may have missed the subtle pun on that one.   

Oh, don't be too hard on him, Manedwolf usually conducts himself properly . . . unless he's had too much coffee and is really feeling wired.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
If it was used for less-lethal defense in all instances, it'd be great. Too many cops use the thing as an electric whip for compliance.
Not just that, but for doing things that are not even illegal, just annoying to the cop.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
Bah. Yes, I missed the joke. I had been talking with Legal, their lack of a sense of humor hangs about you like a cloud of bland stationary after you leave.  cheesy

(Apparently making any sort of joke about the FDA is like asking the Pope why there isn't cheese served with the wine...)

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
I am constantly reminded of the total and complete failure of parents to teach their children any sort of self-discipline or decency.

Or they teach that every celebration, on all occasions, for any reason is done by consuming alcohol until all the participants are too stupid to differentiate fecal matter from peanut butter and then eat the sandwiches.
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
I'm really curious what could...spark...this kind of behavior.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

HankB

• friend
Maybe someone just blew a fuse . . .

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Thought things like this only happened on Green Acres.
Shocking. Positively shocking.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
Maybe someone just blew a fuse . . .

I'm sure that would just zap all the energy out of the room...

MechAg94

• friend
This whole thread has fallen into pun hell.   smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
A very special level of hell. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
A very special level of hell. 

Hey, as long as we stay close to the...current...topic, I think it would be ok.