Author Topic: Pot Heads?  (Read 5624 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Pot Heads?
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:30:09 AM »
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5764886.html

3 accused of using corpse head to smoke pot

By PEGGY O'HARE
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

The Kingwood teenager's story of decapitating a corpse and using the head to smoke marijuana was so outlandish that at first Houston Police Department senior police officer Jim Adkins did not believe it.

Yet, Kevin Wade Jones Jr., 17, appeared almost indifferent as he relayed the bizarre description of his and two friends' activities at an Humble area graveyard, Adkins said.

"I just doubted it because it's very morbid, and I couldn't see anybody doing something like this," Adkins said Thursday.

Not until police went to the home of another Kingwood 17-year-old, Matthew Richard Gonzalez, did the officer believe the tale.

"He regurgitated in his plate of food when I asked him about it," Adkins said. "So I knew there was some truth to the story."

Now, Jones, Gonzalez and a juvenile whose name has not been released are each charged with abuse of a corpse, a misdemeanor. All three were arrested Wednesday night.

Police said a fourth suspect is wanted for questioning.

Houston police believe the teens disturbed the grave of an 11-year-old boy who died in 1921.

The child was buried at an unmarked cemetery believed to be reserved for black veterans and their families, Adkins said.

Under the law, a person can be charged with abuse of a corpse simply by vandalizing, damaging or treating a gravesite offensively  even if the human remains buried there are not touched, Adkins said.

The child's skull has not been found. If recovered later, however, such a discovery will not change the charges filed against the three suspects, Adkins said.

The teens first came to police's attention during a vehicle burglary investigation. While being questioned, Jones told of desecrating the gravesite a month or two ago. Adkins said he believes the tale was intended to distract police from the vehicle break-in.

Jones claimed he and his friends used shovels to dig up the body and removed the corpse's head with a garden tool, Adkins said. Jones also revealed he and the other two boys took the severed head to the juvenile's home, where they used the skull as a "bong" to smoke marijuana, the officer said.

Police made three trips to the heavily wooded, snake-infested graveyard near the Eastex Freeway feeder road and FM 1960 before finding the disturbed grave several days ago.

"The grave was uncovered, and the headstone had been thrown off the grave and broken," Adkins said.

Because the grave is flooded with murky water from recent heavy rains, police have been unable to determine if the child's casket is still in the ground.

All three teens gave written and verbal confessions admitting they tried to dig up a body over a two-day period, Adkins said.

But the boys told conflicting stories about whether they actually severed the head  so police aren't sure if that gruesome detail really happened.

Even so, HPD is working closely with Humble police to try and find any surviving relatives of the child whose grave was disturbed. According to court papers, the grave belonged to Willie Simms.

"The ultimate goal will be to put this body back to rest," Adkins said.

Little is known about the graveyard. The Humble Bicentennial Museum could not confirm that it was reserved for black veterans, but Adkins said he observed "many, many headstones" for black soldiers killed during World War I and World War II.

The three boys, all home-schooled, have also been charged in connection with the vehicle break-in. Jones and the juvenile are charged with credit card abuse, while Gonzalez pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor theft between $50 and $500.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Pot Heads?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:40:55 AM »
Kids these days.  rolleyes

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:02:21 AM »
Pot is harmless, remember?  rolleyes

That's what some people here keep saying, at least...

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:08:58 AM »

I don't think it was pot that was the problem here.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:28 AM »
I read this book once... Not sure which title it was. When the island chief died his skull was defleshed by baking it in an oven and then prepared in magical ways by the medicine man with stuff like glow in the dark paste made from phosphorescent fish, shells and paint. It was then presented to his son, now the new chief, who immediately hung it by string form the roof in his hut. Disturbances in the air causing to swing and rotate in an appropriately eerie fashion. The son, as a method of I guess communicating with his now dead father, had a habit of blowing "tobacco" or whatever smoke in through the nasal opening so that it kind of oozed out all the various other openings.

Cool huh?  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:28:14 AM »
Little bit different than pulling the smoke out yourself. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:36:34 AM »
Little bit different than pulling the smoke out yourself. grin
"Ewww,,, this tastes funny!"   laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:37:36 AM »

I agree....guns don't cause murder, people do.  

When I would do something inane when intoxicated, I took responsibility for my actions.  It was me.  I don't blame the booze.  Same thing when a drunk driver gets caught....he gets blamed....they don't send the booze to jail....
One day at a time.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 04:58:12 AM »
The three boys, all home-schooled, have also been charged in connection with the vehicle break-in. Jones and the juvenile are charged with credit card abuse, while Gonzalez pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor theft between $50 and $500.

So why did they have to bring in home-schooled? Are they trying to say that home-schooling makes teens want to get high from skeleton bong?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 05:00:04 AM »
Good question Charby.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:37:27 AM »
Home-schoolers really are more creative  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 06:45:55 AM »
Good question Charby.

I'm just tired of seeing jabs by the media at things they perceived as right winged stuff.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 06:49:34 AM »

Hey, couldn't you just surprise us once in a while?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »

I sincerely doubt if it was helping the situation much.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »
Teenagers don't really have jobs, so school is often mentioned in news reports, in the same way as jobs are for old people. New stories always seem to mention that the person in question was 'an executive manager at arby's' or whatever. It seems pretty common, at least in Ohio, to report on the schools of juvenile offenders in a similar way eg 'the rapist, a senior at Buckeye Trail Highschool, blah blah blah...'. Perhaps the readership wish to know where such offenders go to school so that they can worry about their kids going to the same one. I don't see it as a leftist agenda.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 03:34:26 PM »
Quote from: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-****ing-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-**** you! ONE! TWO! THREE!

Brings a whole new meaning
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
Kids these days.  rolleyes

"Kids" is not in fact the 4 letter word I was thinking of when I read this.

For crying out loud, a friggin' human skull?

What next, using a more fresh corpse for a bong?  Why the hell not, let's put the bowl in his mouth, slide the hoses up his ass and have a good time?

Jesus Frakin' Christ.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
There is a scientifically established causational link between marijuana use and playing with corpses.  The only reason it's not seen more often is because the stoners are usually just too lazy to dig them up.

I honestly would like to have a human skull for holding pens/pencils.  But the idea of actually digging up someone's corpse disturbs me for some reason.

Not many things disturb me; I wouldn't mind finding a dead guy.  But digging up a rotten corpse actually straight up bona fide disturbs me.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
Houston police believe the teens disturbed the grave of an 11-year-old boy who died in 1921.

I hope it was a disease that killed him--and that he passed it on to them.   angry
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 05:04:16 AM »
Maybe they just had learned about Shakespeare back home :

To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question !   rolleyes
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 12:01:14 PM »
I sincerely doubt if it was helping the situation much.
It took them two days to dig out the grave.  Although could be wrong, I doubt that they were high the whole time - or even necessarily at all - while they were obtaining the skull.   If anything, had they been toasted from the start, I'd expect them to be less inclined to launch a complicated exhumation and skull to bong conversion project.

This story says a lot more to me about the individuals involved than about the evils of getting high.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »
Aside from one of my roommates in college who played soccer (quite well) while stoned, I've never seen anyone under the influence of weed exert much more physical effort than that required to re-load the bong or slowly strum "Wish You Were Here."  Digging up a grave while high would be a monumental accomplishment.

I doubt grave-robbing and skull-bong making are part of the home school curriculum down there.  I've always heard one of the benefits of home-schooling was to keep your kids away from the influence of the bad kids (the kind that go to public schools  smiley).

"He regurgitated in his plate of food when I asked him about it," Adkins said. "So I knew there was some truth to the story."

Ah, yes, the yerp of guilt.

For entertainment purposes only.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 06:23:52 AM »
"It took them two days to dig out the grave.  Although could be wrong, I doubt that they were high the whole time - or even necessarily at all - while they were obtaining the skull."

Right...

Anyone who believes that, raise your hand?

My guess is that they took numberous "smoke" breaks before, during, and after this whole scheme.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »
"It took them two days to dig out the grave.  Although could be wrong, I doubt that they were high the whole time - or even necessarily at all - while they were obtaining the skull."

Right...

Anyone who believes that, raise your hand?

My guess is that they took numberous "smoke" breaks before, during, and after this whole scheme.

*raises hand*

You can easily have a bad/crazy/stupid/evil idea without any drugs.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »
You want to emigrate to the United States, right?

If so, I have some LOVELY ocean front property in Kansas. I'll let you in on the ground floor for only $195,000 an acre. It's a steal...