Author Topic: PETA vs bacon  (Read 1314 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: PETA vs bacon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:58:10 AM »
While walking around NYC, Thing 1 and I spied some chalk graffiti on the sidewalk imploring us to not eat meat, go vegan.  Thing 1 comments, "but animals are so tasty". :D

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »
Wow. Jay Cost gives a GREAT answer, too...

"The burden of proof is on you, not bacon."

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:03:31 PM »
Great, now I HAVE to buy some bacon and cook it this weekend. Damnit. Oh well. The suffering we must endure as Americans.

:'(
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:57:06 PM »
mmffglmff..bacon...mmfffgllmmfff drool...
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »
One downside of bacon is that it encourages models to pose nude, in protest. Sorry, bacon-lovers.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 04:47:57 PM »
Harold Stickeehands @StickeeNotes
2 million years of evolution has resulted in humans thinking bacon smells and tastes delicious. Trust the process. https://twitter.com/peta/status/880166419983454208

I found I do not prefer the maple bacon I bought, but I will finish the package this week.  The bacon is great.  The maple smell in the house is not as good. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
" The maple smell in the house is not as good. "

Oh my God I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago when I picked up maple bacon by mistake!

It tasted fine, but the odor was absolutely pervasive!

I wrapped a couple of chicken breasts in it and threw them on the grill.

YUM!

But my hands, despite multiple hand washings and a shower, still smelled like freaking maple the next evening!

Cooking the last of it in the house as opposed to outside?

HUGE FREAKING MISTAKE!

My house smelled like slowly going stale maple something for over a freaking WEEK.

I will never buy maple bacon again!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 12:32:36 AM »
Soon as I find the right source for belly slabs I'll be experimenting with curing my own bacon.  After all I'm a proud member of PETA.
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 12:51:58 AM »
Soon as I find the right source for belly slabs I'll be experimenting with curing my own bacon.  After all I'm a proud member of PETA.

People Eating Tasty Animals?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 01:36:09 AM »
I love bacon.

I don't eat it much because of the fat content, but I keep a package of Hormel Oscar Meyer bacon around for special treats.

This is the stuff that doesn't need refrigeration --they have it out in the open in the grocery store.  That's what attracted me to it in the first place.  I could keep it for power outage situations without refrigeration.

Not bad, although it's thinly sliced. I cook it in the microwave and can use my camp stove if there's a power outage.

PETA?  I figure as long as I have four canine teeth, it's ethical to eat animals.  Oh, and eight semi-canines (bicuspids). And Vega is about 25 light years away.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:03:11 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 07:28:45 AM »
I've cured and smoked my own bacon a couple of times.

I'd suggest using a wet or Wiltshire cure. It's a LOT faster.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 08:07:52 AM »
One downside, of many, to being deployed to Ukraine, they don't seem to believe in bacon.  I've yet to see it in the chow hall.  I did make it into a grocery store the other day and while they had all types of meats, I failed to see any bacon.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!