Author Topic: Please be sure to tip your robot bartender  (Read 1301 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Please be sure to tip your robot bartender
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:52 AM »
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jun/28/bionic-bartenders-deployed-at-las-vegas-strip-bar/

Actually, you don't have to worry about it.  A tip is automatically added to your drink charge. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Please be sure to tip your robot bartender
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:51:04 AM »
Customers place their order on one of the dozen tablet stations in the bar or through the Tipsy Robot app on their smartphone. They then pay with cash or credit card and enter their email address.

Option for "shaken, not stirred?"

The staff of 16 also includes the “Galactica Ambassadors,” women dressed in space-themed metallic silver dresses. They will provide guests an experience in addition to the robots’ moves, Armeni said.

Reminds me of June Lockhart's outfit in "Lost in Space."

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »
I love this kind of thing but there are limits to the speed these bots will be allowed to move when around humans which cuts down on their utility somewhat.

http://pacepacker-services.co.uk/the-food-cobots-are-coming-or-are-they/

“To minimise the risk of injury to humans, cobots generally work at much slower speeds than conventional robots. This means a cobot may not achieve comparable product handling pick and place speeds. Meanwhile, in palletising tasks, the weight that can be lifted may prove challenging for all but the strongest cobots. But we must remember that it’s early days for cobots. What’s more, a human/robot collaborative operation can still be accomplished even with the most conventional industrial robots.”
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
Bewbs or no bewbs, I'm not about to pay fourteen bucks for a single-shot B&C. Nope, nope, aaaaaand nope.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »

Yeah, no way in hell I'm paying a tip to a robot.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »
Yeah, no way in hell I'm paying a tip to a robot.

You know, I agree.  This is like 'tipping' your table, or your light.

At $14/drink, it should be 'all in'.

Might actually generate a lawsuit.  I know that some restaurants automatically adding tips in tourist heavy areas, with tourists unused to our tipping system, generated one.

I also love how it's gone from 10% to 15% and some areas are 'suggesting' 20% now.

Though re-reading it, "A standard one-shot drink will run a customer $14, with tax and gratuity included in the price." - does that mean that it posts the $14 price for the 'standard' drink, without any extra charges?  If so, 'gratuity' is simply a line for 'profit' or maybe 'robot maintenance'.