Author Topic: Ordering new wireless mouse/keyboard and rechargeable battery setup for work  (Read 586 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Has to be through Office Max as they are our chosen vendor for this sort of thing. Any recommendations? Also need to get a rechargeable battery set up to go along with it so again any thoughts on that?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
No idea on keyboards, but the Microsoft 3000 and 6000 series blue LED optical mice last for a month or more on a single AA battery. And they track on damn near anything, including rumpled bedcovers and polished stone countertops.

As to the "best" rechargeable battery solution, a LaCrosse intelligent charger, and low-self-discharge Sanyo Eneloop NiMh batteries are the best reasonably commercial/consumer solution.

However, at least the mice, they are so efficient, any cheapo NiMh lasts a long time.
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse.  Rechargeable through USB port.  Pretty comfortable as well.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
As to the "best" rechargeable battery solution, a LaCrosse intelligent charger, and low-self-discharge Sanyo Eneloop NiMh batteries are the best reasonably commercial/consumer solution.

I agree on the charger (a LaCrosse BC-700 or BC-9009) but not so much with the batteries.

For a device that's going to burn through them in a month if not faster, I figure you might as well go with non-LSD (low self discharge) batteries.  That'll get you more runtime (figure 2600mAh vs 2100mAh for LSD) between charges.

And if one wanted inexpensive LSD batteries my go-to guy on Amazon says the GP Recyko's are just as good as the Eneloops and cost less.

Balog, how many batteries are you thinking?  Just 4 to keep your keyboard and mouse going or going nutty like me and getting about 48 to run everything in the house?  If the former I wouldn't worry too much about cost, just get a reliable brand.