Author Topic: WELCOME TO NEVEDA  (Read 1961 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
WELCOME TO NEVEDA
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12/brian-sandoval-nevada_n_5311153.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D475548

Oops!  Sombudies speelcheqor deedn't wurk.

Considering he is rumored (hoped?) to be preparing to run against Harry Reid in 2016, this may not be too damaging.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: WELCOME TO NEVEDA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »
Layout and composition outsourced to India?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:32 AM »
For those of us having that "proofreader's eye" (it's not a talent, it's a curse), that kind of stuff jumps out at us all the time.

"Neveda," taken in context with all the other errors that occur on TV, radio, the newspapers, and advertising, is so minor a misspelling that it is not really worth making political hay about.

And yes, formal publications often have proofreaders and editors to check the first proofread version.  Still, stuff like that gets through somehow.

Where I worked, they would often distribute official publications to a number of individuals (like ten) for review and comment.  One erorr that I caught referred to "megawatts of energy."  

Nope.  

Had a go-round on that one.

In sum:  Meh.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:51:07 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 04:50:37 AM »
I can read pretty much any daily paper and be attacked by several errors. Most common these days are homophones which glide by spellcheck but make zero sense in context. Next up is introducing people into the narrative by quoting them, having never clarified who this person is.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
I can read pretty much any daily paper and be attacked by several errors. Most common these days are homophones which glide by spellcheck but make zero sense in context. Next up is introducing people into the narrative by quoting them, having never clarified who this person is.

THIS!

Pet peeve number 5,428.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »

French G is homophonephobic!!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
proper spelling is just part of the heterocage based oppression of the underprivileged by the  dominant cis centric Hoi polloi
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »
Then there are folks who write exactly what's on their mind but make no sense. Like that Harold guy. Or the jerk in the classifieds that advertised a 2Dr, 2WD Mustang. Still pissed at him because I've been looking for the 4dr AWD model.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:44 PM »
Then there are folks who write exactly what's on their mind but make no sense. Like that Harold guy. Or the jerk in the classifieds that advertised a 2Dr, 2WD Mustang. Still pissed at him because I've been looking for the 4dr AWD model.

He didn't state how many wheels the Mustang has?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »

THIS!

Pet peeve number 5,428.

Fixed it for you. =D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 01:27:01 PM »
French G is homophonephobic!!!

He must be stripped of his livelyhood and shunned immediately!!!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama