Author Topic: Can anybody help the stupid Luddite?  (Read 999 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Can anybody help the stupid Luddite?
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
I have a text document.

I desire to copy/paste it to "Notes" on my iPhone 5s.

The intertubes are full of different instructions on how to copy a note from my iPhone to my PC.  There is a dearth of instructions that do not involve buying somebody's app/program.

Remember, I am even less smartphone-savvy than I am computer-savvy (if that is actually possible without going into negative numbers).  Step-by-step means just that.  Not only tell me to punch/press/touch whatever, but tell me where to find it so I can punch/press/touch.

I promise to both print out the directions and tape them to the wall above my monitor and to save them in the only three places where I know to file stuff on my PC.

There's an unopened box of Girl Scout Thin Mints in it for anybody that provides directions that work and wants to come get the cookies.

Thanx in advance.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Can anybody help the stupid Luddite?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
I have a text document.

I desire to copy/paste it to "Notes" on my iPhone 5s.

Not sure if Pocket is free for iPhone, but it's the dead simplest way I've found to dump web pages and similar to my Android.

http://help.getpocket.com/customer/portal/topics/189946-pocket-for-iphone/articles

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Whew!

I thought you were gonna talk about me.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
email the text to yourself

copy pasta into notes
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:16:13 AM »

copy pasta into notes

Don't forget the tomato source.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 07:05:30 AM »

copy pasta into notes

So that's how you do it.  Sneaky.

Thanks.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.