Author Topic: "Field Humidor"`  (Read 3804 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: "Field Humidor"`
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
Maybe, but fresh ones do,,, I hope...  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 08:47:42 PM »
They were good cigars.  And yes the contents matched what was supposed to be in them.

Good cigars don't come in those cheesy tubes.

I have had good cigars come in cheesy tubes and bad ones without cheesy tubes.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 11:52:05 PM »
Key word "were' .  grin

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 02:55:54 AM »
Tubed cigars are just great for dry environments.  Tends to keep the moisture content closer to spec longer than if packaged au naturale.  Granted, tubes are not as elegant but they are functional.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

280plus

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 03:25:14 AM »
Yea, my friend said there was no way regular packaged cigars would have made it. Of course we were figuring for several weeks of transit. I think it took less than a week. Good, I'm glad they were sealed, I wasn't sure but decided not to open one to see. Good thing I don't smoke anymore though, there mighta been one less, it was very tempting.  cheesy

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 05:22:00 AM »
Just to let you know they have been well received.  Plus if packed right even untubed cigars will make it ok.  Also transit times seem to very at the whim of the Millitary Postal Service.  Had two packages shipped the same day, one from Tulsa the other from KC and they arrived about two days apart.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
Good, I'm glad to hear that. Just a small token of my appreciation for what you guys are doing for us. It hardly seems like it's enough, I wish it could be more. Get some requests and I'll pass the list along to him. If you guys want to get some of the REAL good (meaning expensive) ones I'll see if he'll give us a deal on them. I suspect he will. He's got cigars out the ying yang.

grin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
Let me see what I can do.  Won't be too surprised if noone actually puts in an order.  Most will take what they can get.  And at the sametime if you smoke too good of a cigar without the right beverage it is sacrilige.
For me a couple of Macanudos wouldn't hurt and they shouldn't be too expensive, considering the price of some of the ones that you sent.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »
Good enough, I got a real steal on all those, not even close to what the stickers said. That's kinda why I was wondering if they were what the tubes said they were. He's a good guy, I'll give him your regards.  grin