Author Topic: Perhaps I can post here peacefully  (Read 4154 times)

Furious Styles

Perhaps I can post here peacefully
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »
I've been dealing with a serious stalker issue for the past few years.

http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=29275 is just the tip of the iceberg. So long as I use my "standard" log-in, wherever I go I seem to attract their attention. Everything that I write seems to be reviewed and noted. Gun boards being what they are, and dealing with what they do, I prefer to have a constant nick for my sake, as well as for others'. Unfortunately, that isn't very tactical on my part.

Responding probably wasn't the brightest thing to do, but it's beyond just a little bit creepy to know that a couple total strangers are completely fixated upon your person and activities.

What would you do?

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Perhaps I can post here peacefully
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »
The only thing I could think of would be to drop out of sight for a while. Don't post on any of your familiar boards; Sigforum, S&W forum, THR, Ruger forum, if you visit there, etc.

Do these creeps seem to notice your activities everywhere on the Internet, or just mostly on Para's boards?
Andy

Furious Styles

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »
The only thing I could think of would be to drop out of sight for a while. Don't post on any of your familiar boards; Sigforum, S&W forum, THR, etc.

Oh, cosine, they hounded me off of SIGforum already, with a propaganda campaign aimed at the forum's owner. He also happens to own the S&W forum, too. Getting me banned ther was sort of a Christmas present to themselves. I let Oleg know because they were threatening to attempt the same thing at THR, and shared links to what they had done. It was pretty gruesome stuff -- lies, exaggerations, and misrepresentations on their part.

They even harassed me on an instant messaging system:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/470/screenshot132hw3.th.jpg (removing the th and the extra "dot" from the URL will render the full image)

Quote from: cosine
Do these creeps seem to notice your activities everywhere on the Internet, or just mostly on Para's boards?

Everywhere that they can, so long as they have enough to work with. I even got nailed as " F u r i o u s  F l a v - o r " on a "foodie" board by these people. And no, it isn't just one.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:46:16 AM »
I understand the desire to have a consistent persona online, I use Sindawe just about everywhere.  But it may be time to assume a new handle and take care to change your style of writing.  Also, alert the mods/owners of the forums you like to be aware of this...individual... and their habits.  If they can find a consistent range of IP addresses for this person, or better yet their static IPs if they have 'em, get 'em blocked.

IIRC, harrasment in IM is a violation of the TOS. Report 'em to the operator and block 'em in the IM client.

Beyond that, ignore the bozo but keep aware of your surroundings in real life.  Such folks are sad and potentially dangerous.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
Like Sindawe said, the only thing I can think of is get a totally new online persona.
Andy

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »
The Internet Ain't Real Life...

And there's some loonies out there.

What was Gunkid's name?

Blog under construction

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »
Change your handles. It will not change who you are.  Even real names are pretty conditional anyway. If I did not have to build a professional reputation or credit history, I would likely change my name periodically, just to confuse the hell out of everybody who might be tailing.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »
Let's switch names.  I wouldn't mind having my own reverse cult. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Iain

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
You can change your name with this forum set-up, ask fistful about that.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
Oh, please.  These psychos would STILL find him. 

Sorry, Furious, I didn't realize you were "new" here.  Welcome.  I recall you were originally registered here as Selyts Suoiruf. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:03:40 PM »
Talk about nothing better to do.  They need to just go play World of Warcraft or something.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Furious Styles

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »
Oh, please.  These psychos would STILL find him. 

Sorry, Furious, I didn't realize you were "new" here.  Welcome.  I recall you were originally registered here as Selyts Suoiruf. 

Yeah, I was. Would you believe they were so persistent that they found that one, too?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »
Would not suprise me a bit, stalkers can be very persistant.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »
I am so glad my myspace stalkers can not follow me here.
I started a myspace group for the minutemen and was hounded by
hackers who believe the Potok propaganda that the civi border groups
are racist.

The good thing about moderated forums is the trolls get the boot.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 08:04:06 PM »
Egad.  That stuff is nauseating to read.  What set them off in the first place?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Furious Styles

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 08:44:56 PM »
Egad.  That stuff is nauseating to read.  What set them off in the first place?

At the root of the issues are conflict, controversy, political differences (2A vs. Anti, Conservative vs. Liberal), the urge of about a half a dozen hard core "mothers" to inflict as much pain and humiliation as possible on anyone willing to stand up and be a target, and my own pigheaded refusal to give up a fight.

Here, mid-thread, they examine a post that I made on THR about military surplus rifles: http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?p=234496&highlight=walther#234496 "Safe Queen" is a nick entirely created to deride me. You'll notice that the avatar is an airsoft Walther.

Here they dig up (one of a few times they have) a post from THR ( http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=1260394 )  concerning a firearm that I had to take possession of from my parents under stressful circumstances: http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?p=227264&highlight=tubby+kwazy#227264

Their reaction when I designed a t-shirt over on SIGforum: http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?p=192484&highlight=tshirt+styles#192484

Really, I could go on, and on, and on, but it would be about as mindlessly fixated a task as their obsessive saga of Furious Styles.

One more, a nineteen page thread, from when the forum owner decided that he perhaps he should end the frivolity and ban me: http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=18898&highlight=fusty+hour

I don't think that I've ever encountered anything more unsettling on the 'net, except, perhaps, the Gunkid thing. You can't imagine what it's been like to be at the center of it.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:37 PM »
Gezzz... those guys really need to get a life and move out of their parent's basements.  rolleyes

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 09:49:40 AM »
Well, pick another name.  Something less furious.   smiley
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
"What would you do?"
I would stay off the computer and have some fun on the real world for a change. 

Furious Styles

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:07:15 AM »
"What would you do?"
I would stay off the computer and have some fun on the real world for a change. 

Oh, I do, I even went to the range last night. Yes, I know,

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=249442 <------- Pics!

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »
This is a good example why I use a different nickname for every type of forum--I'm Vodka7 here and on THR, but I'm something else on game forums, and something else in anime chans.  Plus, try googling Vodka7 or Vodka-7, nothing that's even remotely close to me is anywhere on the front page.  I wouldn't be surprised if that Otto guy is some anti-gun nut who's trying to run you off of a forum just for liking something he doesn't.

Furious Styles

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if that Otto guy is some anti-gun nut who's trying to run you off of a forum just for liking something he doesn't.

Some of them are just garden-variety blissninnies. Others just like to hurt people -- total sadism. One of them claims to have been the first person to have discovered a loved one's brains all over the ceiling after a suicide. While I feel sorry for them, a lack of a firearm would have only sent their relative down to the train tracks, or up onto a high bridge.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »
yup, they sound like the type I used to argue with
on craigslist political forum.
They are most likely abused children in their teens or the emotional
equivalent of them.
It's why I hardly ever (anymore) try to engage hard core libbys in debates.
I ran into people like this at burningman too, they claim to know
some one who has been shot therefore everyone who is not a cop and has a Glock is a would be murderer.
I doubt they can make any fuss here.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 03:47:30 PM »
One thing about them tracking you may be due to a simple googling of your username occasionally.  That would make it easy to track you.

Ron

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »
Of course it is safe for you to post here.

This board is moderated very lightly but...the kind of nonsense that was posted in the other boards wouldn't fly here.

Not to mention the members here wouldn't put up with trolls and would see they are banned right away