Author Topic: Perhaps I can post here peacefully  (Read 4155 times)

Furious Styles

Re: Perhaps I can post here peacefully
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
Of course it is safe for you to post here.

This board is moderated very lightly but...the kind of nonsense that was posted in the other boards wouldn't fly here.

Not to mention the members here wouldn't put up with trolls and would see they are banned right away

Well, one of them is on THR, I'm sure, as "OttoVonBismarck." He's been trying to engage me in PMs asking about shooting over here and studying English, pretending to be from Spain; I'm bilingual Spanish/English, and the "Otto" over on the offending forum knows this.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
Plus, try googling Vodka7 or Vodka-7, nothing that's even remotely close to me is anywhere on the front page.

Same here. Try googling my username, you get dozens and hundreds of pages that have nothing to do with my online forum life (or lack of it... *whistle*).  grin

Also, similar to what Ron said, this forum doesn't tolerate BS, and the membership seems to stick up for one another if someone is trying to cause trouble for a particular member.
Andy

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
Not to mention the members here wouldn't put up with trolls and would see they are banned right away

That, and we have guns.  Lots of guns.    grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 05:16:05 AM »
One thing about PMs at THR (or elsewhere) is that you can delete without bothering to read drivel.  Most folks can't tolerate being ignored, so they give up on bothering.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Furious Styles

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »
One thing about PMs at THR (or elsewhere) is that you can delete without bothering to read drivel.  Most folks can't tolerate being ignored, so they give up on bothering.

Art

That's so very true, Art. Good, sage advice if even it wasn't delivered directly.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »
You got to remember that even WINNING an argument on-line is like gettingthe gold medal in the Special Olympics....

Yeah, you WON, alright,...

...but you're still retarded!

Pick a cryptic username, or better several, and go forth & ignore...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Furious Styles

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »
You got to remember that even WINNING an argument on-line is like gettingthe gold medal in the Special Olympics....

Yeah, you WON, alright,...

...but you're still retarded!

Pick a cryptic username, or better several, and go forth & ignore...

One step ahead of you, Rich. Been there, tried that.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:2LEBt3ttEuEJ:sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/116105316/p/1+bhg-6906 (What I switched to on SIGforum)

http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=25819&highlight=bhg6906 (The hunt is on. Is it him?)

http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?p=205976&highlight=roger+rabbit#205976 (Voila, I am found.)

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 05:52:31 AM »
Um......... undecided . I'm not trying to flame you here but you look to be bringing this on yourself. I mean Jesus Christ your dragging up threads on various sites from 1-3 years ago. Then you come here under a name they know you by and tell us all your new nick on other sites they followed you to. I mean your inviting them to pursue you. I know I am not the only one thinking it when I say you seem to have some sort of perverse obsesion with this (as do some of your followers). If you go to a forum that I gather is related to Apple computer products and rant and rave about 2nd Ammendment issues you will come off as a nut and open yourself to ridicule. Your profile on the Apple forum showed you averaged over 40 post per day  shocked . And thats just one of many sites you frequent. Keep your posts OT to the forum you are on, change your name (and dont give it away elsewhere), and you will be fine. As is I cant say I feel too sorry for you as your hobby seems to be creating strife on a Apple computer forum  rolleyes . Not trying to attack you just giving my $0.02. I looked up OttoVonBismark on THR and I think your being paranoid. He seems to be just another member with no agenda against anyone.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Furious Styles

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 07:07:47 AM »
Um......... undecided . I'm not trying to flame you here but you look to be bringing this on yourself. I mean Jesus Christ your dragging up threads on various sites from 1-3 years ago. Then you come here under a name they know you by and tell us all your new nick on other sites they followed you to. I mean your inviting them to pursue you. I know I am not the only one thinking it when I say you seem to have some sort of perverse obsesion with this (as do some of your followers). If you go to a forum that I gather is related to Apple computer products and rant and rave about 2nd Ammendment issues you will come off as a nut and open yourself to ridicule. Your profile on the Apple forum showed you averaged over 40 post per day  shocked . And thats just one of many sites you frequent. Keep your posts OT to the forum you are on, change your name (and dont give it away elsewhere), and you will be fine. As is I cant say I feel too sorry for you as your hobby seems to be creating strife on a Apple computer forum  rolleyes . Not trying to attack you just giving my $0.02. I looked up OttoVonBismark on THR and I think your being paranoid. He seems to be just another member with no agenda against anyone.

Ranting and raving? Hardly. Passionate defense of 2A? Guilty. I can see where you might think that I've brought all of this on myself, but after three or four years of abuse, it's gotten to be a bit much, especially taking into account the fact that I registered purposefully misleading nicks both here and at SF, and they still managed to root me out by actively searching.

At any rate, I've said enough about it.