Author Topic: Military humor  (Read 1507 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Military humor
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »
Perhaps you all have seen this old chestnut before.  Stand_Waitie's thread brought it to mind, but it was too off-topic. 

General:

Leaps over tall buildings in a single bound, is more powerful than a locomotive, is faster than a speeding bullet, walks on water, and gives policy to God.

Colonel:

Leaps over short buildings in a single bound, is more powerful than a switch engine, is just as fast as a speeding bullet, walks on water if sea is calm, and talks to God.

Lieutenant Colonel:

Leaps over short buildings with a running start and a favorable wind, is almost as powerful as a switch engine, is as fast as a speeding b-b, walks on water in an indoor pool, and talks to God if special request is approved.

Major:

Barely clears quonset huts, loses tug-of-war with locomotives, can fire a speeding bullet, swims well, and is occassionally addressed by God.

Captain:

Makes high marks when trying to leap buildings, is run over by locomotives, can someimes handle a weapon without inflicting self-injury, can doggie-paddle, and talks to animals.

First Lieutenant:

Runs into buildings, recognizes locomotives two out of three times, is not issued ammunition, can stay afloat if properly instructed, and talks to water.

Second Lieutenant:

Falls over doorsills when trying to enter buildings, says "look at the choo-choo," wets himself with a water pistol, and mumbles to himself.

CADET:

UNAUTHORIZED TO DO ANY OF THE ABOVE WITHOUT RTO/BTO APPROVAL, BUT BE READY TO ASSUME THE JOB OF GENERAL IN A HEARTBEAT.

An NCO:

Lifts building and then walks under them, kicks locomotives off the track, catches speeding bullets in his teeth, and chews them, and freezes water in a speeding glance. He is God.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Military humor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
Okay, I never have seen this joke before.

It is one of the few jokes that while reading it I actually, truly, laughed out loud. grin

No experience with anything of the previous post, but I still can enjoy the humor!

Cheesy
Andy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Thanks, Fistful.  Hadn't seen that one in a long time.  Brought back memories of the powers I used to have.   grin
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
The worst part of getting out after 5 years as a Marine Sergeant was having the testicle reduction before they would release me back into the civilian population.  undecided
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:42:39 PM »
The worst part of getting out after 5 years as a Marine Sergeant was having the testicle reduction before they would release me back into the civilian population.  undecided
They did that to you, too, huh?  Not just an "Old Corps" thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »
Took me awhile to learn to walk without the counter-balancing swing and I had to have all my pants taken in.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

crashresidue

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »
WOE - dude you forgot the Warrents!  We CAN do it ALL - or did it all - back when.

They used to tell me that the most dangerous thing was a 2nd LT with a map - WRONG - it was a 2lt with a map and a radio tuned to artillery freq's.  Trust me on this one - it was suicide! grin

Blue Max 68-P2
cr
He who laughs last - is usually dumbest

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:50:40 AM »
I didn't write it, but you're right.  There should be a Warrant on there some where. 

Why don't you submit an entry for the Warrant Officer?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
Saw it before, and still enjoy it.

Some things will never change.

One of my retirement gifts from the guys who remembered I'd been SACumcised many years ago:

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
Took me awhile to learn to walk without the counter-balancing swing and I had to have all my pants taken in.  grin

At least we don't set off airport metal detectors anymore.  grin

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 04:35:36 AM »
Saw it before, and still enjoy it.

Some things will never change.

One of my retirement gifts from the guys who remembered I'd been SACumcised many years ago:

Are those 5881s out of B-52 servos?  Those are some good sounding tubes in guitar amps if they are....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 05:06:15 AM »
Nope.  Original Sylvania 6L6GC tubes.  I'm wading through my dad's collection of several thousand tubes, testing them in batches of two and four, then selling them.  I've been keeping my eyes open for a good amp that runs the 6L6, but in the meantime my current Jolida tube amp runs 6550/KT88 output tubes. 

I had to source a digital-to-analog converter in the last few weeks so I could listen to my Hitachi HDTV and HD cable box through the tube amp.  Talk about taking a step backwards... Wink

Here's one of my Air Force vacuum tube goodies, all 28 tubes in one nice Hammarlund package:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 05:11:37 AM »
That phone is pretty cool.  Are the tubes part of the joke?  What's a SAC? 

You're not allowed to talk about things that are over my head in my own thread. 

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 05:17:56 AM »
SAC stands for Strategic Air Command. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 06:38:50 AM »
Sorry, Fistful.

Part of my "brainwashing", being a former member of SAC, military humor and all.

There's an old saying out there:

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

In SAC, we had a different version:

"Hold his head underwater and suck on his butt... the water will flow".

Just playing into Ezekiel's hands with my brainwashing - to the point that my alert phone is still very much a part of my life. It's wired into the house phone system, and still makes me jump every time it rings.

The tubes are just a part of the bazillion sitting here on my computer desk.  I couldn't crop them out or move them when I took the pic of my alert phone.  Wink

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 08:08:01 AM »
What's a SAC?
That thing they have to surgically reduce on all EASing Marine Sergeants.  grin
D. R. ZINN