Author Topic: The Cornishmen are at it again...  (Read 717 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
The Cornishmen are at it again...
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »
The Southwest of England was always known for "breakers".  Gangs, families and even entire villages of folks who tricked cargo ships onto the rocks so they could steal the goods.  They also engaged in a little piracy.

Who says the English have lost all their traditions?  grin

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/22/uk.ship/index.html
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Warren

Re: The Cornishmen are at it again...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »
So salvage laws do not apply?

It would have been ironic had the ship been full of game hens or tin.

When this happened in Springfield all that was onboard were hotpants, seems the Cornwallians lucked out.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:30:49 AM »
It ain't proper Cornishmen. It can only be non-proper Cornishmen (like me) that are willing to travel north of the Tamar and risk the iniquities and foreign ways of Devon and the English.

That maritime law stuff is fascinating.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 04:31:30 AM »
The Cornish flag is cool, I see it whenever I am stuffing my face with Ginsters.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 08:31:51 AM »
Iain,

Forgive my lack of geographical precision.  I meant no insult to you or your people.  grin

I love the picture of the guys "salvaging" the motorcycle.  There were three of them, I wonder how they will work out the split.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."