Author Topic: Beavis and Butthead  (Read 3391 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Beavis and Butthead
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »
Curiosity got the better of me, and I "Youtubed" up some Beavis and Butthead clips.

I wish I hadn't.

rolleyes 
Andy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Beavis and Butthead
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:58:05 AM »
Haha.  He said "tube."  Haha.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:03:31 AM »
I like the bit where they comment on videos a lot better than the actual animated segments.

huh huh huh

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »
Yep, the Beavis & Butthead are kinda lacking sans the commentary on the videos, 'specially Beavis's orgasmic response to any video what had fire as a visual element.

But the Beavis's alter ego of The Great Cornholio is still ROTFLMA funny after all these years.

"Do not make my bung-hole angry!"
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
Ahhh, fond memories of a much simpler time...

Chris

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »
"I have seen the top of the mountain . . . and it is good."

Beavis & Butthead was, for me at least, the funniest show on TV.  It was also the last good thing on MTV.
For entertainment purposes only.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:58:19 AM »
Hmm, thread's not going in the direction I intended, so let's try again.

Beavis and Butthead:   rolleyes 

C'mon, can't you guys humor me with a good Beavis and Butthead bash?   Wink
Andy

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
I smoked some really cheap gonja watching Beavis and Butthead once...long years ago.

"That was a bad deal."

Better?  Smiley
Zeke

Ron

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »
I am the Great Cornholio and I need TP for my bung hole!

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »
Beavis and Butthead DO America - drink a six pack (necessary) turn on the movie and laugh your ass off for an hour or so. And it's got some pretty good voice acting from the likes of the guy that played Elliot Ness on the tv show, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and others.

Funny, funny movie if you don't take life too serious and got a few beers in ya or some other kind of buzz on when you watch it.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »
Beavis and Butthead DO America - drink a six pack (necessary) turn on the movie and laugh your ass off for an hour or so.

Yeah, alcohol kills off brain cells, and less brain power has to be the only way to find Beavis and Butthead funny. Tongue 

Sorry guys, Beavis and Butthead just ain't my thing.
Andy

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
Beavis and Butthead the show is indeed an irreverant and low class show. Despite that it did a fairly decent job of lampooning a rather large teenage subculture that existed while the show ran.

It was funny - but to each his own. I find the droll, dry humor of the British a total waste of air and time to watch but lots of people seem to enjoy it. I can't remember the last time I found something humorous that the Brits would die from laughing so hard at and it has nothing to do with brain cells and everything to do with point of view.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »

Heh, Heh, Heh, you said "thing"  grin

To each their own.  I still don't know why people found Seinfield so funny.   undecided
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 01:21:19 PM »
can't remember the last time I found something humorous that the Brits would die from laughing so hard at and it has nothing to do with brain cells and everything to do with point of view.

I know. My post was sarcasm.  grin

Andy

crt360

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »
Beavis and Butthead DO America - drink a six pack (necessary) turn on the movie and laugh your ass off for an hour or so.

Yeah, alcohol kills off brain cells, and less brain power has to be the only way to find Beavis and Butthead funny. Tongue 

cosine, you did the home school thing, right?  That may be it.  Beavis & Butthead are animated, all-inclusive characterizations of every retard I went to school with.  I can totally relate to almost everything they put in the shows.  Maybe Beavis & Butthead is a generational thing.  Now I'm going to have to dig out an old AC/DC shirt and see if I have any tapes somewhere.  grin

I actually saw Beavis & Butthead Do America at a theater.  It was packed and I think everyone there brought at least a six-pack.  Good times.  smiley
For entertainment purposes only.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »
cosine, you did the home school thing, right?  That may be it.  Beavis & Butthead are animated, all-inclusive characterizations of every retard I went to school with.

That is it. Homechooled=no retards with which you have to put up. grin
Andy

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
Hey cosine, I'm with you. Beavis and Butthead have got to be the most retarded thing I ever saw in my life. I remember 12 or so years ago when the "...Do America" movie came out, I was see kids walking through restraunts trying their best to look like the characters. The night that movie opened here, my sister was running the bowling alley snack bar... she said all the kids that saw the movie were coming into the bowling alley doing all their little impressions. Where's the puke icon?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »
I have fond memories of sitting in the barracks getting drunk to a 24 hour Bevis and Butthead marathon once....I laughed so hard my gut hurt....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

JimMarch

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 02:34:40 PM »
The B&B movie was brilliant.  It parodied all sorts of things but the number one thing they slammed as a recurring theme throughout?

No joke: the BATF!

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »
You're aware that Mike Judge created Beavis and Butthead before he did Office Space, King of the Hill, and whatever else you might know him for?  Or maybe you don't like those either. 

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »
'Office Space' was originally a short cartoon that he did for fun, as was B&B.

It was centered on the Milton character.

slzy

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »
busted a gut laughing at least once in every episode. that guy singing about the lesbian seagull deserved more cavity searches.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RohPZQZMDp0
How can you not like this.  It is a great parody of the Heavy Metal and MTV culture IMHO.  At least back in the early 90's.  I like the old guy in there "Play some Skinard, Man!"

There were some rock videos that almost never got played again once B&B made fun of them.  One old video by Winger I think had been played a lot.  While it was playing, Butthead said "look, his teeth are Whiter than White."  That was just hilarious.  I never could watch that video without laughing at the guy. 

To be honest, I have no idea if it makes sense to someone who never saw that culture.  Hell, I grew up in a small town and never had cable or MTV until I got to A&M.  I still thought the show was great.  I wasn't even drunk.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 03:39:53 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »
Believe it or not when I was in the academy, about the only time the tv in the dayroom came on was the hour before lights out to watch Beavis and Butthead. We had two different academy classes in attendance at the time too and recruits from both classes showed up.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.