Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 137166 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2325 on: April 25, 2023, 02:48:31 PM »
It would be interesting to see if it actually performs or if it fails given all the criticism.  I guess we will see.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Ukrainians looked for them to take them out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2326 on: April 25, 2023, 03:00:23 PM »
They're definitely going to be high priority targets, just like the western tanks that are being provided to Ukraine.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2327 on: April 25, 2023, 05:42:43 PM »
They're definitely going to be high priority targets, just like the western tanks that are being provided to Ukraine.

Without infantry support, tanks often get hammered.  I doubt the T-14 or the western tanks being supplied to Ukraine will prove all that survivable.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2328 on: April 26, 2023, 03:09:47 PM »
CHINA's $9 Trillion Debt Nightmare as Local Government Financing Vehicles Threaten Economic Collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKpUlPzH5Po

I have seen a couple youtube videos come up like this.  Sounds like China has its own debt issues to deal with.  The other one I saw talked about China financing economic projects in other countries and many of those are not being completed and running out of money (some in Russia).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2329 on: April 26, 2023, 05:05:06 PM »
CHINA's $9 Trillion Debt Nightmare as Local Government Financing Vehicles Threaten Economic Collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKpUlPzH5Po

I have seen a couple youtube videos come up like this.  Sounds like China has its own debt issues to deal with.  The other one I saw talked about China financing economic projects in other countries and many of those are not being completed and running out of money (some in Russia).

Uncle Joe will bail them out
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2330 on: April 26, 2023, 07:30:39 PM »
Uncle Joe will bail them out
They'll expect him to - after all, they paid good money to buy him & his family.  ("An honest politician is one who stays bought.")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2331 on: April 27, 2023, 12:29:19 PM »
Look out Ukraine, The Super Duper MAGA Invincible Tank is coming

But can it make Julienne fries?
Claims put me in mind of a Ronco ad

SECRET WEAPON Putin’s ‘invisible’ T-14 robo-tanks that could ‘destroy cities in MINUTES’ reach Ukraine frontline ahead of new blitz
https://www.the-sun.com/news/7956726/russia-new-armata-tanks-reach-frontline-ukraine/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sunyoutubestories

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2332 on: April 27, 2023, 12:35:06 PM »
Posted that news yesterday.

LazerPig on Utoob has an absolutely vicious take down of the T-14 and Russian arms programs in general. It's well worth the watch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2333 on: April 27, 2023, 12:46:31 PM »

LazerPig on Utoob has an absolutely vicious take down of the T-14 and Russian arms programs in general. It's well worth the watch.

Yep, I just found the article about a super invincible tank that can destroy entire cities in minutes just a wee bit over the top.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2334 on: April 27, 2023, 03:46:02 PM »

I have listened to a few more of LazerPig's videos.  He always has about 10 minutes of crazy BS at the beginning before he gets to the subject.  The first one I kept asking "what the hell am I watching" before he got to the subject. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2335 on: April 28, 2023, 11:25:01 AM »
Update on the leak story
Anyone got a rope handy?

FBI make arrest in Massachusetts after suspected leaker of top secret Pentagon files identified online
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11969873/Identity-man-responsible-Pentagon-secret-documents-leak.html

Here is the suspect's "weapons cache":

https://twitter.com/mac_arms/status/1651686634616680494

Note the orange tips.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2336 on: April 28, 2023, 11:26:06 AM »

Note the orange tips.

Obviously links him to Trump
Orange Tips Bad
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 11:38:53 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2337 on: April 28, 2023, 11:32:11 AM »

Note the orange tips.

Pretty much every MSM entity has been pushing that as his "arsenal". And all the sheep have been buying it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2338 on: April 28, 2023, 11:48:21 AM »
Pretty much every MSM entity has been pushing that as his "arsenal". And all the sheep have been buying it.
They've been corrected SO MANY TIMES about gun-related reporting that they can no longer plead ignorance - that train left the station decades ago.

As we all know, most of the media is made up of pathological liars. And if they're lying about topics we know something about (e.g, anything gun related) . . . then why in the world would we trust what they report about ANYTHING ELSE?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2339 on: April 30, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »
Word is that the Ukrainians are posed to try and retake Crimea. Be interesting to see how Putin reacts to that considering he considers Crimea Russian territory
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:30:02 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2340 on: April 30, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
Word is that the Ukrainians are posed to try and retake Crimea. Be interesting to see how Putin reacts to that considering he considers Crimea Russian territory
Does Putin actually have anything significant left to throw into the fight? I've seen so many conflicting "analyses" on TV and on line that I don't know what to believe. (Which is probably the point of much of the coverage.)

I hope I'm not wrong, but I don't see Putin actually using nukes. But he could fire off a lot of his remaining tactical missiles at Kiev, targeting their palaces or whatever their fancy government buildings are called. Or maybe he can browbeat Belarus into openly invading Ukraine's northwest.

Or maybe all the leaks about Crimea are disinformation, the same way the Allies "leaked" plans to invade at Calais rather than Normandy for D-Day. (Or maybe they want the Russians to think Crimea is the decoy, when it's really their objective.) Really can go down the rabbit hole thinking about this when you don't have any actual information.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2341 on: April 30, 2023, 12:49:52 PM »
Does Putin actually have anything significant left to throw into the fight? I've seen so many conflicting "analyses" on TV and on line that I don't know what to believe. (Which is probably the point of much of the coverage.)

He has lots of bodies.  As some commie dictator (Lenin?, Stalin?, Mao?) said “There’s a certain quality to quantity.”  Russian modus operendi is the first year of a conflict is a shitshow.  Then they throw bodies at the problem and about half the time it works and they win.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2342 on: April 30, 2023, 01:31:33 PM »
I don't think anyone really knows how much operational equipment the Red Army has available to throw at this mess, including the Red Army. 

They've got a lot of bodies, to be sure, but it could get to the old "one man take a rifle, the next man take ammo" Stalingrad level of fighting, which would suck, since it looks like we'll happily provide Ukraine with all the ammo they could want.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2343 on: April 30, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »
According to the numbers from the leaked documents, Ukraine just isn’t killing enough Russians to justify their losses. If the kill ratio continues, unless Russia decides to give up they will eventually overwhelm Ukraine.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2344 on: April 30, 2023, 01:55:28 PM »
According to the numbers from the leaked documents, Ukraine just isn’t killing enough Russians to justify their losses. If the kill ratio continues, unless Russia decides to give up they will eventually overwhelm Ukraine.

What I’ve heard is the Ukrainians are killing 2-3 Russian soldiers for every one they lose.  It needs to be closer to 10:1 for them to have a realistic hope of prevailing.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2345 on: April 30, 2023, 02:09:04 PM »
What I’ve heard is the Ukrainians are killing 2-3 Russian soldiers for every one they lose.  It needs to be closer to 10:1 for them to have a realistic hope of prevailing.
I don’t know how accurate the numbers are in those leaked documents, but their current ratio appears to be closer to 1.4-1.8 to 1.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2346 on: April 30, 2023, 02:47:47 PM »
I don’t know how accurate the numbers are in those leaked documents, but their current ratio appears to be closer to 1.4-1.8 to 1.

Whether 1.4:1 or 3:1 it doesn’t really matter that much if they need 10:1.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2347 on: April 30, 2023, 03:06:10 PM »
Whether 1.4:1 or 3:1 it doesn’t really matter that much if they need 10:1.
Right, just noting that they may have even more ground to make up.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2348 on: April 30, 2023, 03:51:14 PM »
 Ukraine New Counter Offensive Rundown 2023  - Task & Purpose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXXVH3LtuQ

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2349 on: May 03, 2023, 09:15:38 AM »
Fun! Looks like Russia is developing a crisis manual on how to deal with the growing possibility that Putin's "special military operation" will end in defeat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-grooms-russians-for-defeat-in-leaked-crisis-manual/ar-AA1aDCv8?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=fa306a2357a043cdce8f4c86833c35ff&ei=91

Some really fun rationalizations in it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.