Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 136888 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2600 on: June 24, 2023, 08:45:21 AM »
Igor Sushko
@igorsushko
Russian air strike on Wagner column on the M-4 highway in Voronezh region.

Video
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1672560007714578433
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2601 on: June 24, 2023, 08:47:25 AM »
Keep salt handy

Igor Sushko
@igorsushko
Kremlin regime intends to blow up the bridges south of Moscow if Wagner gets close.

Map
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1672543429832896512
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2603 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44:04 AM »
OSINTtechnical
@Osinttechnical
·
1h
Russian milblogger Rybar provided a short update a little while ago.

Per reports, Wagner forces reached Yelets, Lipetsk Oblast, roughly 350km from Moscow.

Rybar claims that the Wagner column includes anywhere from 150-400 pieces of equipment/vehicles.
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672583666935971842
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2604 on: June 24, 2023, 09:46:24 AM »
(((Tendar)))
@Tendar
·
5h
Voronezh seems to be visually confirmed secured. Insurgent Russian forces everywhere. No resistance.

#Russia #Voronezh #coup
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1672517189142806529
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2606 on: June 24, 2023, 09:51:21 AM »
A message posted on the Wagner Telegram channel on Saturday said: 'Putin made the wrong choice. All the worse for him. Soon we will have a new president.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12229575/Wagner-forces-head-Moscow-Prigozhin-mocks-Putin-call-traitors-up.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2607 on: June 24, 2023, 10:28:53 AM »
I am hearing this morning that convoys of Wagner vehicles are within a couple hours of Moscow.  Moving fast I guess. 

Also saw video showing backhoes digging up the road in one location supposedly in an attempt to prevent passage of convoy.  Can't confirm where that was.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2609 on: June 24, 2023, 10:54:07 AM »
I am hearing this morning that convoys of Wagner vehicles are within a couple hours of Moscow.  Moving fast I guess. 

Also saw video showing backhoes digging up the road in one location supposedly in an attempt to prevent passage of convoy.  Can't confirm where that was.

Trying to get there while the main Russian army is still in a disorganized confused state.
Not sure just getting to Moscow will amount to much though but again it all hinges on how many Russian troops  not to mention officials they can get to flock to their side. The populace is a wild card in this, not sure how much popular support he has among them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2610 on: June 24, 2023, 11:00:18 AM »
Lets say he did somehow manage to topple Putin. Then what?
It wouldn't necessarily mean the end of the war and he's probably, though I know it's hard to believe, an even bigger a-hole than Putin
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2611 on: June 24, 2023, 11:04:46 AM »
"Lets say he did somehow mange to topple Putin. Then what?

Civil War between multiple factions. Incredibly dangerous.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2612 on: June 24, 2023, 11:06:41 AM »
"But Prigozhin has also repeated Moscow’s propaganda to justify the invasion, calling people living in eastern Ukraine “genetically Russian”.

"This is a sacred war against those who offend Russian people," he said in his recent statement."

Be damned if that doesn't sound like Hitler talking about the Sedetenland Germans...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2613 on: June 24, 2023, 11:14:50 AM »
"But Prigozhin has also repeated Moscow’s propaganda to justify the invasion, calling people living in eastern Ukraine “genetically Russian”.

"This is a sacred war against those who offend Russian people," he said in his recent statement."

Be damned if that doesn't sound like Hitler talking about the Sedetenland Germans...

It very much sounds like Hitler talking about the Sudetenland land but it's nothing new for them,  the Russians have had a long history of promoting themselves as the protector of all the Rus, and often Slavs in general when it suited them, that long predates Hitler.  If anything Hitler was intimating them
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 11:44:30 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2614 on: June 24, 2023, 11:48:42 AM »
I'm sure someone on the left is thinking "Wow! this is just like Jan 6!" or "Jan 6 was worse"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2615 on: June 24, 2023, 12:43:36 PM »
Got popcorn?  :rofl:

🍿🍿🍿 Ukrainian drone commander who fought Wagner forces in Bakhmut and Soledar appears to be thoroughly enjoying the insurrection unfolding across the border.
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1672578245772947456
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2616 on: June 24, 2023, 12:45:16 PM »
Map from Rybar telegram channel. Top left corner shows the Oka river (blue line south of Moscow) which the channel says is going to be the fortification line as Wagner heads north
https://twitter.com/polinaivanovva/status/1672640256309448704
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2617 on: June 24, 2023, 12:46:39 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2618 on: June 24, 2023, 12:48:01 PM »
Meanwhile

Christopher Miller
@ChristopherJM
·
1h
Meanwhile... Ukraine’s military announced on Saturday that it had retaken territory in the eastern Donetsk province that had been under Russian occupation since the Kremlin’s war against the country began in 2014. https://ft.com/content/9cd09366-25db-4057-a41d-0ea04b659d97
 via @FT
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1672632377607180288
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2619 on: June 24, 2023, 12:50:06 PM »
https://youtu.be/Tr-zidVQckI

Zeihan.  Part 3.  Easy enough to find parts one and two if you want.  Good view of Wagners chances.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2620 on: June 24, 2023, 01:38:00 PM »
It very much sounds like Hitler talking about the Sudetenland land but it's nothing new for them,  the Russians have had a long history of promoting themselves as the protector of all the Rus, and often Slavs in general when it suited them, that long predates Hitler.  If anything Hitler was intimating them

You miss the veiled point...

Not but a year ago our lad Putin was yammering on how this was a crusade to deNazify Ukraine.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2621 on: June 24, 2023, 01:43:37 PM »
From the BBC...

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has held talks with Wagner mercenary group head Yevgeny Prigozhin during which Prigozhin agreed to stop his troops and "de-escalate the situation", Rossiya 24 news channel said.

"Prigozhin accepted Lukashenko's proposal to stop the movement of Wagner in Russian territory and on further steps to de-escalate tension," Rossiya 24 said, quoting Lukashenko's press service.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2622 on: June 24, 2023, 03:06:39 PM »
oh-I started a new thread before looking here-oop's.
 I have no idea if this is good or bad for "us" or the world in general.
I'm glad I'm not there and pray it does not come here.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2623 on: June 24, 2023, 03:10:26 PM »
From the BBC...

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has held talks with Wagner mercenary group head Yevgeny Prigozhin during which Prigozhin agreed to stop his troops and "de-escalate the situation", Rossiya 24 news channel said.

"Prigozhin accepted Lukashenko's proposal to stop the movement of Wagner in Russian territory and on further steps to de-escalate tension," Rossiya 24 said, quoting Lukashenko's press service.

Yeah, I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one. Who gave up what?
My guess is he wasn't getting the support among the higher ups he was hoping for and realized he had to put the brakes on.
But what happens next? I can't see Putin just letting him off on this. And what about the troops?  How long before Prigozhin falls off a balcony?

The other big question is how this will effect the war in Ukraine
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2624 on: June 24, 2023, 03:26:49 PM »
Lamest.

Insurrection.

EVER.