Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 136902 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2725 on: August 23, 2023, 02:06:13 PM »
Did the plane fly through a window first?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2726 on: August 23, 2023, 02:21:26 PM »
In video of the plane falling it appears to be smoking and completely out of control.
This video matches up with what many of the news site are showing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IwOk30ojk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2727 on: August 23, 2023, 02:22:50 PM »
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2728 on: August 23, 2023, 02:32:02 PM »
Likely something went boom on that plane based on the video

Still not confirmed Prigozhin was on board
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2729 on: August 23, 2023, 02:34:45 PM »
I feel better now

Biden briefed on crash - White House

We've now had a brief comment from the White House, which says President Joe Biden has been briefed on the reported plane crash in Russia.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2730 on: August 23, 2023, 03:38:52 PM »
Confirmed

New
Posted at 15:3615:36
Breaking Prigozhin dead, says Wagner-linked Telegram channel

A Telegram channel linked to Yevgeny Prigozhin has said the Wagner leader is dead.

Grey Zone said he was "killed as a result of actions by traitors of Russia".
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-66599774?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=64e65f53d7211212a459bb6a%26Prigozhin%20dead%2C%20says%20Wagner-linked%20Telegram%20channel%262023-08-23T19%3A36%3A44.935Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:45ceac03-c4a5-4206-8e0b-49dcc51c7962&pinned_post_asset_id=64e65f53d7211212a459bb6a&pinned_post_type=share

This could get interesting, could be some revenge killings, stay tuned.

[popcorn]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 03:52:02 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2731 on: August 23, 2023, 03:50:10 PM »
Biden 'not surprised' by news of crash

US President Joe Biden said he was "not surprised" by the news of the crash in Russia.

But did you hear he almost lost his Corvette?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2732 on: August 23, 2023, 03:56:14 PM »
In video of the plane falling it appears to be smoking and completely out of control.
This video matches up with what many of the news site are showing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IwOk30ojk

In the first second or so of the video it looks like there is a smoke trail from a possible SAM off to the left side of the frame.  The smoke trail moves off the left of the frame very quickly as the person shooting the video pans to the right.  The smoke trail does not come back into frame during the remainder of the video.
Freezing the frame appears to show a very puffy smoke trail at an angle pretty acute to the smoke trail from the plane.  Interesting to say the least.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2733 on: August 23, 2023, 03:57:31 PM »
But did you hear he almost lost his Corvette?

Jill and I know something about crashes. One time, years ago, I was driving drunk in Key West and nearly crashed my '67 Corvette. Say, did you hear the one about the drunk Russian whose plane went down? He was smashed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2734 on: August 23, 2023, 04:00:51 PM »
In the first second or so of the video it looks like there is a smoke trail from a possible SAM off to the left side of the frame.  The smoke trail moves off the left of the frame very quickly as the person shooting the video pans to the right.  The smoke trail does not come back into frame during the remainder of the video.
Freezing the frame appears to show a very puffy smoke trail at an angle pretty acute to the smoke trail from the plane.  Interesting to say the least.

Upper left?
I don't know, could be from the plane.
But something went boom either internally or externally

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:21:49 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2735 on: August 23, 2023, 04:02:31 PM »
Jill and I know something about crashes. One time, years ago, I was driving drunk in Key West and nearly crashed my '67 Corvette. Say, did you hear the one about the drunk Russian whose plane went down? He was smashed.

There are some people on Maui that will cry him a river.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2736 on: August 23, 2023, 04:11:19 PM »
I am seeing pictures posted on Telegram reportedly showing holes in the airframe that seem to indicate it was hit by shrapnel from an anti-air missile.  Others posts talk about activity in the Wagner camp.  I guess another Russian coup attempt it too much to hope for.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2737 on: August 23, 2023, 04:30:20 PM »
Key Wagner commander Utkin also on board plane, authorities say

Wagner's commander and co-founder Dmitry Utkin was also named as one of those travelling on the crashed plane, on the list released by Russia's air transport agency.

Grey Zone, the Telegram channel believed linked to Wagner, also said that Utkin has been killed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-66599774?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=64e66a24d7211212a459bb83%26Key%20Wagner%20commander%20Utkin%20also%20on%20board%20plane%2C%20authorities%20say%262023-08-23T20%3A27%3A56.242Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:314c3dce-3722-45d8-b1f6-74ac236e5285&pinned_post_asset_id=64e66a24d7211212a459bb83&pinned_post_type=share
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2738 on: August 23, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »
Speculation this a ruse and he may have been on another plane.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2739 on: August 23, 2023, 06:50:49 PM »
Well that didn't take long

Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group and leader of a failed Russian uprising in June of 2023, has passed away after accidentally ingesting a SA-2 surface-to-air missile while aboard a passenger plane.

When pressed whether the Wagner leader's death was the result of foul play, Putin responded that there was no indication of foul play and also he happened to have Prizgozhin's suicide note in his pocket. The Russian President then read the suicide note aloud, pointing out the gushing praise for himself interspersed in the note.

Leader Of Failed Russian Uprising Dead After Accidental Ingestion Of Surface-To-Air Missile
https://babylonbee.com/news/leader-of-failed-russian-uprising-dead-after-accidental-ingestion-of-surface-to-air-missile

The above is the Babylon Bee, I know it's hard tell some times.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2740 on: August 23, 2023, 07:34:08 PM »
Spaceflight Now
@SpaceflightNow
The Indian space agency has released the first image from the lunar surface taken by its Chandrayaan 3 lander: https://spaceflightnow.com/2023/08/23/liv
https://twitter.com/SpaceflightNow/status/1694379983634919532
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2741 on: August 23, 2023, 08:09:38 PM »
Spaceflight Now
@SpaceflightNow
The Indian space agency has released the first image from the lunar surface taken by its Chandrayaan 3 lander: https://spaceflightnow.com/2023/08/23/liv

https://twitter.com/SpaceflightNow/status/1694379983634919532

Nice!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2742 on: August 23, 2023, 08:15:22 PM »
Whoops, wrong thread.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2743 on: August 23, 2023, 08:23:53 PM »
Whoops, wrong thread.

I just figured you were going for Iron Sky, Russia/Ukraine version.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2744 on: August 23, 2023, 08:27:21 PM »
I just figured you were going for Iron Sky, Russia/Ukraine version.

Hmmmm
I'll be working on a script
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2745 on: August 23, 2023, 08:30:32 PM »
I wouldn't neccesarily bet the farm that Prigozhin was on that plane.  First rule of Russian sources is assume they are lying.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2746 on: August 24, 2023, 07:51:15 AM »
If they got him, I'm really surprised that it took this long for them to get him.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2747 on: August 24, 2023, 07:54:30 AM »
If they got him, I'm really surprised that it took this long for them to get him.

Assassinations Are Us was all booked up
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2748 on: August 24, 2023, 07:58:18 AM »
I wouldn't neccesarily bet the farm that Prigozhin was on that plane.  First rule of Russian sources is assume they are lying.

A healthy dose of skepticism is always warranted with this stuff.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2749 on: August 24, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »
Talk of "mystery" repairs being done shortly before take off.
Meanwhile the US is pushing it was a missile

And eyewitnesses from the town of Kuzhenkino close to the location of the crash said they saw the jet explode in the sky before tumbling to the earth, but did not report any missile strike.

Kuzhenkino resident Anastasia Bukharova, 27, said she was walking with her children Wednesday when she saw the jet, 'and then - boom! - it exploded in the sky and began to fall down.'

'Something sort of was torn from it in the air, and it began to go down.'

Stewardess Kristina Raspopova, who perished in the crash, told family prior to takeoff that the flight had been delayed due to a technical inspection and unspecified repairs, according to several independent Russian outlets.

From the video I'm thinking bomb

US believes Yevgeny Prigozhin's plane was shot down by a surface-to-air missile… following reports the jet 'was likely blown up by a bomb placed near the bathroom'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12440987/The-silent-assassin-Putin-makes-no-mention-Yevgeny-Prigozhins-death-speech-day-mystery-plane-crash-claims-emerge-mystery-repairs-jet-off.html
- Calvin and Hobbes