Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 136875 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2750 on: August 24, 2023, 06:08:23 PM »
Admin reverses course on saying it was a missile.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2752 on: August 27, 2023, 10:26:45 AM »
Supposed DNA tests supposedly confirm Prigozhin was on board

'Genetic tests' confirm that Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin was among 10 people killed in plane crash, Russian investigators say
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-12450367/Genetic-tests-confirm-Wagner-chief-Yevgeny-Prigozhin-10-people-killed-plane-crash-Russian-investigators-say.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2753 on: August 27, 2023, 12:01:49 PM »
Poor babies.
Remind me to cry you a river when I get the chance.

Putin’s war is forcing Russians to ditch a favorite holiday destination
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/27/europe/crimea-russian-tourists-intl/index.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 12:18:25 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2754 on: August 27, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »
Poor babies.
Remind me to cry you a river when I get the chance.

Putin’s war is forcing Russians to ditch a favorite holiday destination
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/27/europe/crimea-russian-tourists-intl/index.html
If I were a Russian, there is absolutely NO WAY I would voluntarily travel to Crimea today - or any other war zone. Or potential war zone.

Hell, I don't even want to go to San Francisco or large parts of Chicago (My home town!) these days!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2755 on: August 29, 2023, 10:03:27 AM »
Supposed DNA tests supposedly confirm Prigozhin was on board

'Genetic tests' confirm that Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin was among 10 people killed in plane crash, Russian investigators say
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-12450367/Genetic-tests-confirm-Wagner-chief-Yevgeny-Prigozhin-10-people-killed-plane-crash-Russian-investigators-say.html

And then we have this

Yevgeny Prigozhin is alive and plotting his revenge on Putin after body double was killed in plane assassination plot, Russian analyst claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12456817/Prigozhin-alive-plotting-revenge-Putin.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2756 on: August 29, 2023, 10:26:08 PM »
The biggest Ukrainian Drone Attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4NtqIpOaA

Looks like Ukraine sents some of their drones against Russian air fields pretty far away from Ukraine. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2757 on: August 31, 2023, 10:23:41 AM »
Now he's supposedly in or was in Africa

In the footage, Prigozhin, 62, is seen wearing military fatigues in a car, and says: 'For those discussing whether or not I am alive.

'How am I doing? It's the weekend, the second half of August [20]23. I am in Africa,' he says, speaking to camera. 'So fans of discussing my elimination, intimate life, earnings or whatever, as a matter of fact, everything is fine.'
Yet the video - if genuine - does not prove Prigozhin is alive.

He is known to have been in Africa - where Wagner has interests and military operations - before returning to Moscow ahead of the air crash last week.

Yevgeny Prigozhin is seen in new footage 'dismissing reports of his elimination': Warlord insists 'everything is fine' in video filmed in Africa during 'the second half of August'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12464489/Yevgeny-Prigozhin-new-footage-dismissing-elimination-Wagner.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2758 on: August 31, 2023, 03:16:13 PM »
BBC News is saying the above was filmed before his death.
There was some confusion in the timing of the video in the above article.

Prigozhin alluded to threats in new video release
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66674019
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2759 on: September 01, 2023, 07:56:19 AM »
Next thing you know he and Boris Johnson will be leading Alpha strikes against the Russian army liberators... because they're both fascists, don't you know.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2760 on: September 04, 2023, 09:09:16 AM »
Came across this while slipping coffee
Looks like at least two guys, maybe three, made it out

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/p6AZoxE2RQQ?feature=share

In the comments
"As Chieftain would say, the crew experienced a significant emotional event."
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2761 on: September 04, 2023, 10:07:26 AM »
Definitely three got out. First guy you can see running like heck after the hit but the filming tank's TC almost blocks the view. The little flags help. Then two more get out.
Looked it up, T-80 has a three man crew.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2762 on: September 04, 2023, 10:56:17 AM »
Came across this while slipping coffee
Looks like at least two guys, maybe three, made it out

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/p6AZoxE2RQQ?feature=share

In the comments
"As Chieftain would say, the crew experienced a significant emotional event."

I LOVE feel good videos...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2763 on: September 05, 2023, 12:51:22 PM »
Two things here
One: This is being reported by The Sun which is often just one step away from The Weekly World News
Two: Much of this is coming from the Russians

PHONE BLAST Putin’s general blown up after being ‘handed exploding mobile phone in assassination attempt by Ukraine Secret Service’
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23809305/putin-general-exploding-phone-ukraine-assassination-attempt/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sunyoutubestories
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2764 on: September 05, 2023, 06:31:25 PM »
Zelensky Says Women Who Sign Up To Fight Russia Will Receive A Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
https://babylonbee.com/news/zelensky-says-women-who-sign-up-to-fight-will-receive-a-free-pumpkin-spice-latte
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2765 on: September 06, 2023, 07:32:19 AM »
Zelensky Says Women Who Sign Up To Fight Russia Will Receive A Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
https://babylonbee.com/news/zelensky-says-women-who-sign-up-to-fight-will-receive-a-free-pumpkin-spice-latte

And just like that, Ukraine has the largest army in the world.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2766 on: September 07, 2023, 08:55:48 AM »
Another half billion to Ukraine, this time for "clean energy". Which Kamala Harris once told me is how you win in the battlespace.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/09/06/antony-blinken-announces-520-million-to-make-ukraines-energy-infrastructure-cleaner-n2386919
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2767 on: September 07, 2023, 10:57:01 AM »
OK, I'm all for giving Ukraine military aid (not because I like the Ukraineians, but because I LOATHE HATE DESPISE the Russians.

But this? That's just *expletive deleted*ing liberal virtue signaling at its goddamned worst.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2768 on: September 07, 2023, 11:51:29 AM »
Another half billion to Ukraine, this time for "clean energy". Which Kamala Harris once told me is how you win in the battlespace.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/09/06/antony-blinken-announces-520-million-to-make-ukraines-energy-infrastructure-cleaner-n2386919

Clean energy infrastructure that the Russians will just blow to hell and gone at their first opportunity.  It's a warzone.
What a bunch of dumbasses in the Biden administration.  I shouldn't be surprised, though.  And The Big Guy will get his ten percent regardless.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2769 on: September 07, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
Clean energy infrastructure that the Russians will just blow to hell and gone at their first opportunity.  It's a warzone.
What a bunch of dumbasses in the Biden administration.  I shouldn't be surprised, though.  And The Big Guy will get his ten percent regardless.

The Russians would never DARE incur the wraith of Greta.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2770 on: September 12, 2023, 08:36:12 AM »
If Elvis and Bigfoot had a love child. The tabloids are just loving this.

WAG & BONE MAN Wagner warlord Prigozhin ‘is alive and hiding out on a Caribbean island called Margarita’, claims Russian analyst
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23885194/wagner-warlord-caribbean-russian-analyst/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sunyoutubestories

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2771 on: September 12, 2023, 01:25:05 PM »
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! Money will be funneled into the correct pockets.

Same reason we sent $$$ over there to bolster the Ukrainian pension system when our own Social Security system is in peril.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2772 on: September 14, 2023, 10:50:37 AM »
According to this back in 2022 a Russian pilot in a  Su-27 "fired"* two missiles at a British RC-135 Rivet Joint AC over the Black Sea after getting "ambiguous" commands from the ground. Apparently his wing man wasn't too happy.

The RAF plane - with a crew of up to 30 - was flying a surveillance mission over the Black Sea in international airspace on 29 September last year when it encountered two Russian SU-27 fighter jets.

The intercepted communications show that one of the Russian pilots thought he had been given permission to target the British aircraft, following an ambiguous command from a Russian ground station.

However, the second Russian pilot did not. He remonstrated and swore at his wingman when he fired the first missile.

*I put fired in quotes because of what happen with the 2nd, see below

As the two Russian SU-27s approached the RAF spy plane, they received a communication from their ground station controller.

One Western source told the BBC the words they received were to the effect of "you have the target".

This ambiguous language was interpreted by one of the Russian pilots as permission to fire.

The loose language appears to have shown a high degree of unprofessionalism by those involved, sources said. In contrast, Nato pilots use very precise language when asking for and receiving permission to fire.

The Russian pilot released an air-to-air missile, which successfully launched but failed to lock on to its target, the BBC has been told. It was a miss, not a malfunction.

Defence sources have told the BBC that a row then broke out between the two Russian pilots.

The pilot of the second SU-27 did not think they had been given permission to fire.

He is said to have sworn at his comrade, effectively asking him what he thought he was doing.

Yet the first pilot still released another missile.

We had been told that the second missile simply fell from the wing - suggesting the weapon either malfunctioned or that the launch was aborted.

Rogue Russian pilot tried to shoot down RAF aircraft in 2022
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66798508
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2773 on: September 19, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
Holy hell - all signs point to this being real. Ukraine seems to be competing with the Hajis and Norko for the propaganda Oscar.

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/09/19/meet-the-cray-cray-spokesperson-for-the-ukrainian-territorial-defense-force-n2387439

Nevermind that besides the crazy tranny, they're talking about (and apparently carrying out) assassinating individuals speaking out against Ukraine.   
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2774 on: September 19, 2023, 04:27:57 PM »
Let's not forget Baghdad Bob!