Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 137034 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2775 on: September 20, 2023, 02:56:19 PM »
Holy hell - all signs point to this being real. Ukraine seems to be competing with the Hajis and Norko for the propaganda Oscar.

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/09/19/meet-the-cray-cray-spokesperson-for-the-ukrainian-territorial-defense-force-n2387439

Nevermind that besides the crazy tranny, they're talking about (and apparently carrying out) assassinating individuals speaking out against Ukraine.

Update

3/3 The command of the TDF will conduct an official investigation into the circumstances of these statements. Appropriate decisions would be taken.
    Sergeant Sarah Ashton-Cirillo will be suspended immediately pending the investigation.
    — Ukraine Territorial Defense Forces (@TDF_UA) September 20, 2023

Although the TDF does not in their message say which specific message of Ashton-Cirillo's led to this decision by superiors, we have to assume that it had something to do with the unhinged claims the Junior Sargeant has been making about putting American journalists who are critical of the Ukrainian efforts on 'kill lists', as written about on Twitchy by Aaron Walker yesterday (Meet the cray-cray spokesperson for the Ukrainian Territorial Defense Force – Twitchy)
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/09/20/trans-ukranian-territorial-defense-force-spokesperson-removed-from-duty-for-unapproved-statements-n2387504
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2776 on: September 20, 2023, 06:01:21 PM »
The Babylon Bee has found his/her/it's/Madam Fruitcake's replacement

Ukraine Hires Dylan Mulvaney As New Spokesperson
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx4weBEBhAOPegZJAwRzdPvME4Faqmh_k8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2777 on: September 21, 2023, 07:37:33 PM »
I see Zelensky is wearing something from the Fidel Castro collection now. Which I guess makes sense since he has called off elections in his "democratic" country.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/09/21/biden-grins-like-an-idiot-while-his-handlers-rush-the-press-out-of-his-meeting-with-zelenskyy-n2387570
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2778 on: September 21, 2023, 11:46:03 PM »
Biden:   "Gee, your hair smells terrific"

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2779 on: September 22, 2023, 07:07:47 AM »
How anyone can think this whole Ukraine thing was a good idea, particularly after seeing how it's played out is beyond me.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2780 on: September 22, 2023, 07:21:14 AM »
How anyone can think this whole Ukraine thing was a good idea, particularly after seeing how it's played out is beyond me.
Which specific part of whole Ukraine thing?

Assuming you're talking about the US involvement, it has played out far less badly than I initially expected.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2781 on: September 22, 2023, 09:55:18 AM »
Can't let a little thing like the government "shutting down" stop the money

🚨 JUST IN: The Pentagon has decided to EXEMPT Ukraine operations from a potential government shutdown if lawmakers fail to reach a deal by the end of the month.

This means tens of billions will continue flowing into Ukraine regardless.

Why is that even legal? pic.twitter.com/GKcCPb9aTb
    — Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) September 21, 2023

What. In. The. Absolute. EFF? --> Pentagon 'DECIDES' to exempt Ukraine spending from gov shutdown
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/22/ukraine-funding-doesnt-stop-in-govt-shutdown-n2387586
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2782 on: September 22, 2023, 10:01:17 AM »

What. In. The. Absolute. EFF? --> Pentagon 'DECIDES' to exempt Ukraine spending from gov shutdown
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/22/ukraine-funding-doesnt-stop-in-govt-shutdown-n2387586

Ukraine Uber Alles.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2783 on: September 22, 2023, 10:54:46 AM »

I wonder if we're still sending them cash to support and prop up the Ukrainian pension system?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2784 on: September 22, 2023, 12:29:51 PM »
I wonder if we're still sending them cash to support and prop up the Ukrainian pension system?

Yes. And infrastructure, energy, food, border security. You know things we are not doing for our own country.

I think it is close to 250 million a day since 2-22-2022.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2785 on: September 22, 2023, 04:12:27 PM »
Yes. And infrastructure, energy, food, border security. You know things we are not doing for our own country.

I think it is close to 250 million a day since 2-22-2022.
Yeah, that and the pension are the things that I think is a bit ridiculous about this whole affair.  The rumors about corruption and weapons ending up elsewhere are something to not forget as well 

I can understand providing weapons and such to help them fight the Russians.  They seem to be using them for that purpose and the Russians are getting exposed a bit.  Or maybe we are depending on whose rumor you believe.   [tinfoil]  I think the total amount of money we are providing is not as huge as it could be in comparison to the trillions we are spending.  I keep hearing it said we are saving money by dumping our obsolete equipment into Ukraine instead of having to dispose of it.  Not sure if I believe that or not.

The other part I do not know is if we are providing aide to other European countries to replace equipment they are giving to Ukraine. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2786 on: September 22, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »
Just to add some spicy to the conversation:  The Ukrainians are so secure that we'll keep funding them they are broadcasting their war crimes on the internet.

https://x.com/GloOouD/status/1704734490528973203?s=20

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2787 on: September 22, 2023, 04:25:12 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2788 on: September 22, 2023, 04:37:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/JR229_Msuys?t=266

The Wolverines didn't film that and play it on TV while simultaneously begging un involved countries to send them money and weapons. 

Not a great look. 

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2789 on: September 22, 2023, 04:44:44 PM »
The Wolverines didn't film that and play it on TV while simultaneously begging un involved countries to send them money and weapons. 

Not a great look.
No disagreement.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2790 on: September 22, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
Which specific part of whole Ukraine thing?

Assuming you're talking about the US involvement, it has played out far less badly than I initially expected.
I take no joy in dead Russians and encouraging the Ukrainians to play catch with Russian artillery is just beyond the pale. It will all be in vain if aid gets pulled and it will get worse if NATO officially puts boots in country. We did not need to go to war with Russia.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2791 on: September 22, 2023, 05:18:10 PM »
I take no joy in dead Russians and encouraging the Ukrainians to play catch with Russian artillery is just beyond the pale. It will all be in vain if aid gets pulled and it will get worse if NATO officially puts boots in country. We did not need to go to war with Russia.
Should anything at all be done to stop Russia from doing the lebensraum thing?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2792 on: September 22, 2023, 06:07:43 PM »
NATO still exists and the members borders are still obvious red lines.

Absorbing Ukraine into the western empire was a deal breaker to Russia and they made that very clear.
If the west tabled the NATO/EU talk and made Ukraine stop bombing the eastern Russian speaking provinces it's doubtful Russia would have invaded, and thousands of Ukrainians/Russians would still be alive.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2793 on: September 22, 2023, 06:20:13 PM »
I take no joy in dead Russians and encouraging the Ukrainians to play catch with Russian artillery is just beyond the pale.

Millions of Ukrainians have been genocided by Russia over the years..  Should they have let Russia take them over without fighting back?   ???  At the very least, they have managed to keep the Russians out of the majority of their country.  I usually agree with everything you say Ron, but not this time.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2794 on: September 22, 2023, 06:34:32 PM »
NATO still exists and the members borders are still obvious red lines.

Absorbing Ukraine into the western empire was a deal breaker to Russia and they made that very clear.
If the west tabled the NATO/EU talk and made Ukraine stop bombing the eastern Russian speaking provinces it's doubtful Russia would have invaded, and thousands of Ukrainians/Russians would still be alive.

On the other hand, if Russia had stayed the *expletive deleted*ck out of Ukraine instead of trying to foment rebellion in the Russian-speaking provinces (which, by the way, were not actually Russian-speaking provinces), there wouldn't have been any excuse for Russia to "protect Russian-speaking peoples."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2795 on: September 22, 2023, 06:51:31 PM »
The wiki page has the numbers and covers the issue. The east is very heavy ethnic Russian. They aren't Russian speaking because it's not an official recognized language of the state.

According to 2006 survey by Research & Branding Group (Donetsk) 39% of Ukrainian citizens think that the rights of the Russophones are violated because the Russian language is not official in the country, whereas 38% of the citizens have the opposite position.[66][67] According to annual surveys by the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences 43.9% to 52.0% of the total population of Ukraine supports the idea of granting the status of state language to Russian.[32] At the same time, this is not viewed as an important issue by most of Ukraine's citizens. On a cross-national survey involving ranking the 30 important political issues, the legal status of the Russian language was ranked 26th, with only 8% of respondents (concentrated primarily in Crimea and Donetsk) feeling that this was an important issue.[68]

Leave Ukraine to Ukrainians and quit poking at Russia by trying to put a NATO outpost on their border.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2796 on: September 22, 2023, 07:02:41 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2797 on: September 22, 2023, 07:09:41 PM »
The wiki page has the numbers and covers the issue. The east is very heavy ethnic Russian. They aren't Russian speaking because it's not an official recognized language of the state.

And your point? Prior to the collapse of the USSR, the Russians made Ukrainians speak Russian. Once Ukraine was free to be Ukraine, it was natural for them to revert to their original, native language. There are ethnic Ukrainians in Russia, too, but they're not allowed to speak Ukrainian, and Ukraine wasn't working to foment rebellion against Russia in the ethnically Ukrainian areas of Mother Russia.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2798 on: September 22, 2023, 07:11:46 PM »
And your point? Prior to the collapse of the USSR, the Russians made Ukrainians speak Russian. Once Ukraine was free to be Ukraine, it was natural for them to revert to their original, native language. There are ethnic Ukrainians in Russia, too, but they're not allowed to speak Ukrainian, and Ukraine wasn't working to foment rebellion against Russia in the ethnically Ukrainian areas of Mother Russia.

Well we better instigate WWIII over it then.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2799 on: September 22, 2023, 07:17:36 PM »
Russian speaking or not it doesn't matter, Russia has traditionally seen itself as protector of the Slavic people and that requires they all be save and sound in the arms of Mother Russia, even if that means killing some of them to make them understand that.
- Calvin and Hobbes