Author Topic: New Free Original Sci-Fi, Nook and Kindle Friendly  (Read 700 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
New Free Original Sci-Fi, Nook and Kindle Friendly
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »
Hello all, for those that have enjoyed the Reckless Faith trilogy, or for those interested in the kind of stuff I write, the first six chapters of my novel-in-progress, tentatively titled The Fox and the Eagle, are available as an e-reader friendly PDF file upon request.

The Fox and the Eagle takes place in the same universe as Reckless Faith, and follows the adventures of an abducted CIA case officer, a farm girl who unwillingly inherits a starship, and a shifty but (secretly) rich con man.  They must forge a place for themselves in the neighborhood of the Vulpecula and Aquila constellations and solve the mystery of a thousand-year-old asteroid city.  For the abducted Earthling, she must discover the truth behind her abduction while trying to find a way home.

My intention is to create a more action-oriented story that retains my distinctive style of character development and the root-for-the-underdog style of constant challenges and combat that they must endure.  Hopefully this one will gain the attention of Baen, still my best bet for a traditional publishing contract.

My existing trilogy can be found through my Amazon author  page below.  Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002BMHJPE
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jim147

• friends
Re: New Free Original Sci-Fi, Nook and Kindle Friendly
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »
If that's also a notebook friendly PDF put me on the list.

I really did enjoy reading your series.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
Jim, thanks for taking a chance with my writing.  I know none of us are made of money so I really appreciate your business.  The new novel takes place concurrently with the events of the third book, and the fourth book in the Reckless Faith series will see the two sets of characters meeting.

I'd originally planned on writing a fourth book, but it makes more sense to write stand-alone works until I finally get a real hit.  I came pretty close with Baen for Reckless Faith, so I have a lot of incentive to keep trying.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
I just used the Amazon.com giftcard my parents send me every year on Reckless Faith and The Tarantula Nebula.  I'm looking forward to getting them for a holiday read.

I'd be interested in the PDF, as well.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »
Awesome, thanks!  I hope you enjoy them.

By the way, I neglected to mention that all six chapters and other stuff is already up on my blog:

http://devonai.wordpress.com

I'm also looking for an artist to redo the cover of the first book.  Kristie Moeller, the artist who did such a great job on the cover of Bitter Arrow, can't commit to another project right now.  If you know of any semi-professional artists looking for work, please let me know.  I was never very happy with the stock cover art currently used for Reckless Faith.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
Let me know as soon as The Fox and the Eagle comes out complete. You have an interesting start going. I'm ready to read the whole thing.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
Cool, thanks.  I expect to be done with the first draft by April, then the manuscript will get raked over the coals and chewed up by two friends of mine who have an eye for editing.  Then it'll get submitted to Baen, and I'll probably self-publish it at the same time since I retain all rights to my work.  Even if Baen subsequently offers me a traditional contract, I'll only be out the $450 set-up fee from the first go-around.

In other words, there's no point sitting on a finished manuscript when self-publishing only costs a new Glock or so.