Author Topic: Michelle O and Oprah....  (Read 4406 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Michelle O and Oprah....
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »
.... made a great sacrifice. Next time they should call me. I will make the sacrifice of going to Copenhagen and dealing with looking at the beautiful women and great scenery and eating great food and drinking beer.

Say what you want about Laura Bush -- she never made her trips about her, and you would never have heard her say she was making a "sacrifice" for promoting a US interest. Even if she were going to Darfur versus Copenhagen.

-----------
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/30/michelle-obama-i-know-people-say-it-was-a-sacrifice-for-me-and-oprah-to-go-to-copenhagen/

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her “dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy” Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days,” the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, “so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home.”

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Michelle O and Oprah....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »
Sacrifice?  Go to Denmark?  Fly free, eat free, sightsee free?  In Denmark?

(Shakes head slowly exhales and closes eyes)

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
Sacrifice?  Go to Denmark?  Fly free, eat free, sightsee free?  In Denmark?

(Shakes head slowly exhales and closes eyes)

This reminds me of the uber-lefty (Arianna Huffington?) who, when confronted about the energy cost of her flying in a private jet, complained that she was making a "sacrifice" by not getting airline frequent flyer miles.

These people aren't actually stupid, they're just infected with selfish arrogance and reflexive dishonesty . . . much the way Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were in the late 1700s.

(And we know where THAT led.  :O )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
Arianna Huffington? Ooooohhhh, can I pull the lever?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
I pity the danes for having the doubtful pleasure of entertaining those two twits as guests to their country. Ah well, they stayed on the right side of the strait atleast...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »
The true character of the first couple is becoming apparent, day by day. Even more narcissistic than other politicians.

Where have we gone wrong in this country?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
Breaking News!!

Chicago has been eliminated from the 2016 Olympics in the 1st round!

Oh! The humanities! =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »
Breaking News!!

Chicago has been eliminated from the 2016 Olympics in the 1st round!

Oh! The humanities! =D

Just confirmed that's on the Fox Homepage (can't find a story yet).

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Looks like the people of Illinois are spared a MASSIVE debt.

Edit: some confirmation- http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ijDA5bgxiHlTvS_r-SSjskS1Tq1wD9B31N383

http://www.freep.com/article/20091002/SPORTS17/91002028/1319/Chicago-is-out-of-running-for-2016-Olympics
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:41:27 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
Tokyo is out. It's Rio or Madrid.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »
Just confirmed that's on the Fox Homepage (can't find a story yet).

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Looks like the people of Illinois are spared a MASSIVE debt and Barry's posse has been eliminated from a huge payday

FTFY. =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
That's good, and not just for schadenfreude. Reading an article this morning,  I saw the Olympics have never been held in South America. Seems like Rio is due for them.

Besides which, reading followup articles even from more liberal sources, even they couldn't keep out the overbearing "they should be held in Chicago because that's where Michelle and I are from" overtone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »
I pity the danes for having the doubtful pleasure of entertaining those two twits as guests to their country. Ah well, they stayed on the right side of the strait atleast...
Yes, the sacrifice was all on their end.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 02:44:38 PM »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 06:48:10 PM »
If President Obama, Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey can't convince the Olympic committee to host the games in Chicago, just how does Obama think he's going to stop Iran from getting nukes, Israel from bombing the hell out of Iran, Putin from overrunning Eastern Europe, Chavez from running South America, and the Republicans taking control of congress next year?

I suspect that the folks on the Olympic committee are a tad more accommodating than is Ahmadinejad.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »
. . . I saw the Olympics have never been held in South America.
The Olympics are being held in . . . South America?

What, is it inhabited now?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:44 PM »
Soooo,  The summer Olympics are going to be held during the winter in Brazil? 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »
At first glance it looked like Michelle Obama was grabbing Oprah's breasts in that photo.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »
Soooo,  The summer Olympics are going to be held during the winter in Brazil? 

Ironic, isn't it.  Fortunately that means that temps in Rio will be around 65-75 degrees, instead of 90+

That's gonna be all sorts of good for athletes....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »
18-20 degrees Celsius then, sounds decent to me.  =)
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

Ironic, isn't it.  Fortunately that means that temps in Rio will be around 65-75 degrees, instead of 90+

That's gonna be all sorts of good for athletes....

For reference:

The Sydney 2000 Summer Olympic Games or the Millennium Games/Games of the New Millennium, officially known as the Games of the XXVII Olympiad, were an international multi-sport event which was celebrated between 16 September and 1 October 2000 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It was the second time that the Summer Olympics were held in the Southern Hemisphere, the first one being in Melbourne in 1956.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Summer_Olympics

They set it up for fall (Northern Hemisphere) spring (Southern Hemisphere) in Sidney. I assume they'll do the same.