Author Topic: Southpaws Rejoice!  (Read 2140 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Southpaws Rejoice!
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »
CZ has released a left handed version of their 452 American, in .22LR and 17HMR.

I've been wanting a bolt action .22 for awhile but didn't want to screw around with a right handed bolt.  I will be buying one next week.   =)

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=1
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Southpaws Rejoice!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
I am sick and tired of honest, God-fearing American companies giving in to these "lefties" and their perverse lifestyle.   :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
I am sick and tired of honest, God-fearing American companies giving in to these "lefties" and their perverse lifestyle.   :mad:
Well, then you'll be happy to note that CZ is a Czech company, not American.

AZ - I'd also note that they've had the lefty versions out for a year or two now.  I've been thinking of getting one for my wife, at least once I have some spare money for more guns again.
Formerly sumpnz

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
I dunno, that a really sinister rifle on that site AZRedhawk44.  =D
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »
I almost changed your thread title to "Leftists, Rejoice!"
 :angel:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »
Well, then you'll be happy to note that CZ is a Czech company, not American.

So it's some kinda Chinese Commie rifle or something?  You boys must really hates American.   :mad:

Now my Brno Mauser is right-handed, just like God and the Fuhrer intended.  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
I've been wanting a bolt action .22 for awhile but didn't want to screw around with a right handed bolt.

Here's one that I have been lusting for.

Reminton T-Bolt in LH

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=021B&cat_id=025&type_id=185

It is about time they realized southpaws buy guns. Afterall, we are smarter, better looking and more enjoyable to be around than most righties. That makes us more employable and at a better wage so we have more money to spend, and I would rather spend it on guns than all those high fashion models that lust after southpaws.  :O  =D

bob

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
OK, $719 us just silly for a T-bolt.  Nobody sensible pays MSRP, but still... Even $550 is just too much.

Hmm.

I watched a buddy shoot his 452.  I didn't shoot it because I didn't want to drool all over it and then get ultimately disappointed by my "have-not-itis" due to the whole right hand thing... but he could sure shoot it like the dickens.

Trying to hold off.  I've been wanting a moonclipped revolver for awhile, and I'm already committed to sending my Redhawk to Wild West Guns to have the cylinder cut out for that.

You're right, though, Bob.  Us saavy and debonaire lefties are a long neglected market.  I love spending money on lefty-oriented goodies just to reinforce the manufacturer's likelihood of doing it again.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »
This is sick- just sick- that CZ would offer the .223 cal. and the .204 Cal. Left Handed in the 527, and now the .22, but where is the lefty 7.62x39?  Wazzup wit dat?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »
It's bad enough in baseball and golf, now you lefties want to stand on the wrong side of the gun?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
It's bad enough in baseball and golf, now you lefties want to stand on the wrong side of the gun?

You should be afraid: some of us lefties can shoot with either hand (pistol) or on either side of the gun (rifle).

Ooooooooo.....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

I never was very good with a baseball bat, but I learned to used one right handed in school. I was pretty good as a kid with golf clubs, again, learned right handed. I cannot to this day figure out how to swing a club left handed. I'm learning to be ambi with pistols, I am a pretty decent weak hand shot but it doesn't feel natural. Uneducated trigger finger is the biggest problem. Save for an ambi safety on a 1911 I have never owned a left handed gun, when I build my Savage rifle that should change though.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »
The lefty 452 has been out for some time now. I keep waiting for their "coming soon" LH 550, and .416 Rigby sized 550 magnum.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
The lefty 452 has been out for some time now. I keep waiting for their "coming soon" LH 550, and .416 Rigby sized 550 magnum.

I keep waiting for that lefty 550 too.

BTW, AZRedhawk, the CZ 527 is also offered in LH with .223 Rem and 7.62x39 chamberings.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
Show me that left hand 7.62x39- I can't find it on the site- only the .223 and .204.