Author Topic: Soylent Green, one step closer.  (Read 650 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Soylent Green, one step closer.
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:07:59 AM »
I really hope this company crashes and burns before it get out of the gate, but with the current crop of mindless drones who think all things celebrity are the best thing since sliced bread it may just succeed.

Or, please by all of the known deities, let this be a joke.

http://bitelabs.org/

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Soylent Green, one step closer.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:45:22 AM »
If that ain't a joke it's seriously *expletive deleted*ed up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:30:02 AM »
Now that they have let the source of their protien out of the bag the FDA will keep them from selling it in interstate commerce.  They might be able to establish a intrastate market in Rhode Island.  Not sure how the UN would handle the question of shipping it to the Southern Marianas - or if the folks there are even interested in imported imitation long pork.

Knowing the levels of crazy out there I do see a huge underground market if they ever get out of the test tubes.  Of their offerings I think the Ellen Degeneris has the best chance of becoming a best-seller.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »
If that ain't a joke it's seriously *expletive deleted*ed up.

nuf said!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »
Suffice it to say that we are not yet at the stage of Chicken Little, as seen in The Space Merchants.

PS: Although I do remember reading back in 2009 that the Dutch had succeeded in creating lab-grown pork from pork cells.  It was essentially a pink mush, and they thought there would be a ways to go before they could figure out how to grow muscle fibers.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:03:54 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »
So ordering Julia Nickson hong chang and Denise Richards boudin should probably wait until they work out the details a bit better?

(Then again, recent Julia Nickson would probably just taste like wax and powder.  Her makeup advisor should be shot.)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »
Folks are working on growing meat in a vat. I don't think it's that advanced, but AFAIK, it still needs to be USDA inspected. I doubt the USDA will be passing human cloned meat.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."